GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was telling my 17 yr old about the case and she wondered if this was a hate crime, specifically targeting a Muslim child. I'm not sure I believe that angle but I haven t seen anyone here post that idea so thought I would bring it up.

They could be missing from anywhere. These trafficking rings travel around and stay on the move.

But why would they target this particular child and how would they know to pick her up from her school? If it was some trafficking ring on the move all the time, doesn't sound like they would know this information.

Still wondering if the teacher might play any part just because of the seemingly crazy coincidence of the sub being there. If this is a network of people..... well it doesn't make any sense . If they are child traffickers why ' target' a specific child instead of just wait for an opportunity to snatch one off the street or somewhere LESS conspicuous. It doesnt' add up that it could be a targeted kidnapping AND a child sex ring type thing.
Anyone else feel that way ? It must be one or the other, but not both.

I hope that adult sized tshirt will help with this investigation.

Here is what should have happened when this woman came to pick up the child. After she signed in near the door, she should have gone to the office, where she should have shown an ID. The person at the office should have verified that the woman was authorized to pick up the child and then send for the child. None of this took place. So it's a high risk abduction, since the woman presumably didn't have an ID. A child trafficking ring would presumably not know how to do something like that? Sounds like somebody was after this specific child, so, why?

"Instead, a parent or authorized person is supposed to request a child be released in the main office, and present government-issued identification proving their identity. School staff must then check the child’s file to see if the person asking for the child is permitted to pick them up."
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...rotocol-was-breached-discipline-possible.html

Still wondering if the teacher might play any part just because of the seemingly crazy coincidence of the sub being there. If this is a network of people..... well it doesn't make any sense . If they are child traffickers why ' target' a specific child instead of just wait for an opportunity to snatch one off the street or somewhere LESS conspicuous. It doesnt' add up that it could be a targeted kidnapping AND a child sex ring type thing.

Yeah, I don't get the feeling that this has ties to trafficking or anything "professional". Somebody wanted Naiilla specifically and they took a lot of risks to get her. I don't know how that ties in with the way she was released but if traffickers were after a young female there had to be easier ones to grab or even less risky opportunities for taking Naiilla. I'm still leaning towards an inside job, probably family but possibly to the school.

Philly.com headline says that Samaritan will get the $10,000 reward!

That's great! He totally deserves it, many in the area would ignore the noise.

Any word on if she was sexually abused? Wow this story is just all kinds of f'd up. I'm so glad she is safe but that poor baby. I know that they said she was blindfolded when she walked to the house but what if when she left at night. Do you think she'd be able to remember anything and maybe point the house out?

It's possible that someone connected with the school told them (and/or is one of them) about her being an easy target. She seems to be well-behaved (did what she was told even if it didn't make sense), had family and friends who dressed in ways that could be copied as an easy disguise, would have a substitute teacher. There could be any number of people that would know enough about her to pull it off, and several who may have known the regular teacher would be gone.

I'm not accusing any of them, but some examples would be the teacher, the substitute, other kindergarten teachers, her brother's teacher, the monitor, the school nurse, the parent of a classmate, the secretary, and several others. I just don't see an average trafficker (if there is such a thing) going through that much trouble for one girl. I wouldn't even be surprised if the only reason for taking her clothes was to help keep her from trying to run. MOO

Somewhat off topic.

Don't get upset with me, I am not a monster. But I am truly sick and tired of not using a woman's, or a child's name because they are a victim of a sexual crime. To me, this just reinforces the stigma, that it was somehow the victim's fault, when it obviously is not. The child is a victim of a crime and a survivor, and has nothing, not one damn thing, to be ashamed of. Our society makes it seem shameful to be the victim, when in reality it is the perp who should be feeling the shame.

I will not use her name out of "respect" even though I honestly feel it is just perpetuating a bad policy in our society.

End of rant.

Somewhat off topic.

Don't get upset with me, I am not a monster. But I am truly sick and tired of not using a woman's, or a child's name because they are a victim of a sexual crime. To me, this just reinforces the stigma, that it was somehow the victim's fault, when it obviously is not. The child is a victim of a crime and a survivor, and has nothing, not one damn thing, to be ashamed of. Our society makes it seem shameful to be the victim, when in reality it is the perp who should be feeling the shame.

I will not use her name out of "respect" even though I honestly feel it is just perpetuating a bad policy in our society.

End of rant.

I think she needs to heal first and then decide for herself when she is ready to announce herself as a survivor of sexual abuse. It's not up to the media or anyone else to decide this for her. JMO

Philly.com headline says that Samaritan will get the $10,000 reward!

That's great! He totally deserves it, many in the area would ignore the noise.

That is great! I read that he is in the process of adopting two young kids. This will totally help out with that! :)

I wonder what time the kidnapper entered the school? They showed footage of her leaving the school but I don't remember any of her entering or anything about the time she entered. Also, does anyone know the start time of the school for Kindergarten?

Somewhat off topic.

End of rant.

(I agree.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members