Found Deceased PA - Dana Kristine Smithers, 45, Stroudsburg, 28 May 2022 *found in 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUN 23, 2022
[...]

Dana Kristine Smithers, 45, has been reported missing since May 28, 2022, when she was last seen leaving a friend's home in Stroudsburg. ...

"We called on Tuesday and reported her missing, and we were told that she was a adult and she could go where she wanted to, and I guess that's not untrue," SS, Dana's sister, said. "But the officer that we spoke with said that he would put it in his notes, and they would be on the lookout for her."

[...]

"She wouldn't leave her daughter, and she wouldn't have missed her last day of school. She wouldn't have missed her granddaughter's birthday party," SS said. "These are things that she did, you know what I mean? She was she was there for that stuff."

CG, manager of South Beach Tanning in East Stroudsburg said she had spoken to an employee who had seen Smithers the Saturday she disappeared, but that nothing seemed amiss.

[...]

Cruz pointed out that just a few days before Smithers went missing, she had appeared rather excited about plans for the upcoming summer.

"The last day that I saw her, which I think was the the Thursday or the Friday before she disappeared, she was telling me how she was going to go down the street to get the season pool passes, because last year it was too expensive to pay every day. So it wasn't like she was planning on up and just disappearing, because she was talking about what she was going to do all summer," Cruz said.

“For instance, every time... she would come in she would have new pictures of places she's been with Penelope, whether it be (a concert) or... Trolls on Ice, or anything, like a monster truck show," Cruz said. "She was always taking Penelope places and she was always so excited about it.

OK, I'm a bit baffled. LE said "she was an adult and could go where she wanted"? So what is this department litmus test for a missing person? After the 48 hour wait, the family should have been able to file a missing person report.

OK, I'm a bit baffled. LE said "she was an adult and could go where she wanted"? So what is this department litmus test for a missing person? After the 48 hour wait, the family should have been able to file a missing person report.
Actually, they should have been able to file the report immediately as there is no waiting period in any state.

In the ring footage, you can see Dana putting the phone in her back pocket as she's leaving her friend's house. However that same phone was located at her house. She lives in a mother/daughter type home with relatives that also reside there.
So, does she have a private entrance/private quarters? Is it like an "in-law suite?"

JUN 24

STROUDSBURG, MONROE CO. — A family in the Poconos is searching for answers after their loved one suddenly went missing last month. 45-year-old Dana Smithers, who is described as 5'5 with dark eyes and dark hair was last seen wearing a burgundy T-shirt and black jeans.

“She is very funny, very outgoing. She's the type of person that you have to meet one time. And then you have a lifetime friend. She's very caring, very giving, she would quite literally give you the shirt off your back if you needed it," said Breanna Furino, as she described her mother in law Dana Smithers.

More at Family of missing 45-year-old Dana Smithers searching for answers

I am so frustrated with this case. Stroudsburg is such a quaint town. We would drive thru on vacation, little shops, fire house etc. I can't believe that someone could go missing from there and not enough activity to search. I'm clueless on this. Extremely disappointed. IMO

Her daughter was with her at the festival, according to this article

“Dana’s family reached out to stroud area regional police after no one heard from her for two days.”

Okay, the daughter was with her at the festival, then they both went home and Dana visited a neighbor for a short time, returned home - and left again?

Family reported her missing when they hadn’t heard from her for two days....so the little girl was alone in the house for two days and no one knew?

“Dana’s family reached out to stroud area regional police after no one heard from her for two days.”

Okay, the daughter was with her at the festival, then they both went home and Dana visited a neighbor for a short time, returned home - and left again?

Family reported her missing when they hadn’t heard from her for two days....so the little girl was alone in the house for two days and no one knew?
They live with Dana's mother. She was the one who reported Dana missing ultimately

They live with Dana's mother. She was the one who reported Dana missing ultimately
Sorry, I missed the post that described her living with her mother.
Wonder why the wait? I’d wonder where the heck my daughter was if I woke up and she wasn’t at home especially with a six year old to take care of. Unless this was a common occurrence?

Was Dana employed?

JUN 24

STROUDSBURG, MONROE CO. — A family in the Poconos is searching for answers after their loved one suddenly went missing last month. 45-year-old Dana Smithers, who is described as 5'5 with dark eyes and dark hair was last seen wearing a burgundy T-shirt and black jeans.

“She is very funny, very outgoing. She's the type of person that you have to meet one time. And then you have a lifetime friend. She's very caring, very giving, she would quite literally give you the shirt off your back if you needed it," said Breanna Furino, as she described her mother in law Dana Smithers.

More at Family of missing 45-year-old Dana Smithers searching for answers

This article says that she returned from the festival with her daughter and her daughter's father. This is the first mention I have seen of her daughter's father. I wonder how long he stayed after they returned home, and if he had left before she made the short visit to the neighbor.

So, if I'm interpreting the recent articles correctly it sounds like Dana didn't return to any empty house after visiting her friend. Her cellphone made it back to the house so she had to make it back there.

Did no one in the house see her when she returned? Unless her daughter and daughter's father left within the 8 minutes Dana was gone. Then again, where was her mom? Then a whole 2 days go by before anyone reports her missing. Is it a normal occurrence for Dana's mom to not see her for days while living in the same residence?

Information is slowly trickling out and Dana has been missing for almost a month. My hinky meter is rising along with the amount of questions that have no answers.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back