SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The cheering was for the police officers who finally got him.

I was so relieved that he was taken into custody alive, and didn't take anyone else with him.
I am not sure.
We support and value the police.
But -
My husband, who had a career in the military and then in his early retirement became a police officer, said every day of this hunt: “this guy is going to be viewed as a hero”,
And the day DC was caught, my husband said “this guy won.”
He said this because yes DC was ultimately caught, but he managed to elude more than 500 LE for two weeks.
My husband is not on DC’s side, but like in the film “Catch me if you can”, the bad guy can be viewed with hero status.
I repeat, we are for the police, but some people are not, and I imagine when he returns to prison he will receive a heroes’ welcome and also many letters adoring him.
Not us. Others.

I am not sure.
But -
My husband, who had a career in the military and then in his early retirement became a police officer, said every day of this hunt: “this guy is going to be viewed as a hero”,
He said this because yes DC was ultimately caught, but he managed to elude more than 500 LE for two weeks.
My husband is not on DC’s side, but like in the film “Catch me if you can”, the bad guy can be viewed with hero status.
I repeat, we are for the police, but some people are not, and I imagine when he returns to prison he will receive a heroes’ welcome and also many letters adoring him.
Not us. Others.

JMO. Even I was slightly sympathetic towards DSC, while totally understanding the fear this double murderer inflicted on the inhabitants of PA. A minute ago, I understood the phenomenon, at least for myself.

I loved the books by LeCarre, Graham Greene, and Robert Ludlum. Does anyone happen to remember the general plot of all Ludlum's novels? I copied it from the Wikipedia, it describes them well.

"Ludlum's novels typically feature one heroic man, or a small group of crusading individuals, in a struggle against powerful adversaries whose intentions and motivations are evil and who are capable of using political and economic mechanisms in frightening ways. The world in his writings is one where global corporations, shadowy military forces and government organizations all conspired to preserve (if it was evil) or undermine (if it was law-abiding) the status quo." (And the hero usually wins).

Some other authors (partially Forsyth in his "the Day of the Jackal", and definitely, John Grisham in "The Rainmaker") exploit similar concept. Those of us who were raised on these books fall for the prototype, only the prototypes are seldom to be met in real life.

So it is early imprinting (the recognizable plot) plus the substitution of a heroic idealist who is no angel but whose cause is just by a resourceful planner who is a criminal caring only for himself.

But the plot is catching. (And honestly, this photo, with the arrestee so small and the group around him, so huge, doesn't help.)

So I hope that eventually, most people will understand that we fell for a fake prototype resembling a familiar hero. DC is not devoid of certain talents but his adventure is self-serving. No one made him kill a woman in front of her kids, and I think that with time, we'll realize that DC in not even close to David Spaulding or Jason Bourne. DC might end up being somewhat similar to BK, only smarter.

(My own opinion.)

Last edited:
JMO. Even I was slightly sympathetic towards DSC, while totally understanding the fear this double murderer inflicted on the inhabitants of PA. A minute ago, I understood the phenomenon, at least for myself.

I loved the books by LeCarre, Graham Greene, and Robert Ludlum. Does anyone happen to remember the general plot of all Ludlum's novels? I copied it from the Wikipedia, it describes them well.

"Ludlum's novels typically feature one heroic man, or a small group of crusading individuals, in a struggle against powerful adversaries whose intentions and motivations are evil and who are capable of using political and economic mechanisms in frightening ways. The world in his writings is one where global corporations, shadowy military forces and government organizations all conspired to preserve (if it was evil) or undermine (if it was law-abiding) the status quo." (And the hero usually wins).

Some other authors (partially Forsyth in his "the Day of the Jackal", and definitely, John Grisham in "The Rainmaker") exploit similar concept. Those of us who were raised on these books fall for the prototype, only the prototypes are seldom to be met in real life.

So it is early imprinting (the recognizable plot) plus the substitution of a heroic idealist who is no angel but whose cause is just by a resourceful planner who is a criminal caring only for himself.

But the plot is catching. (And honestly, this photo, with the arrestee so small and the group around him, so huge, doesn't help.)

So I hope that eventually, most people will understand that we fell for a fake prototype resembling a familiar hero. DC is not devoid of certain talents but his adventure is self-serving. No one made him kill a woman in front of her kids, and I think that with time, we'll realize that DC in not even close to David Spaulding or Jason Bourne. DC might end up being somewhat similar to BK, only smarter.

(My own opinion.)
very well said.

Hopefully, the man will get his grass cutting work boots back! LOL

I think it was the governor during the news conference that said that he'd get an Eagles hoodie for the person whose hoodie was stolen.
The gov said whoever had their Eagles' hoodie stolen, he'd replace it with a new kelly green one, which imo is cool for an Eagles' fan.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie on Tuesday delivered some news fans have been waiting on for years: kelly green jerseys are coming back.

Beginning in the 2023 season, the Eagles will re-introduce their classic kelly green alternate jerseys with matching helmets. Lurie said they want to make these jerseys as close to the 1980s style that so many fans remember.

Last edited:
I am not sure.
But -
Not us. Others.

That's why he should be moved to a prison in a very different location and put in solitary.

Hoping, of course, that he doesn't escape during the transfer to another prison :oops:

Not something we did back in the day, but they worked hard and wanted a Photo Op. For me it gives off Pulp Fiction-like vibes, but after all these guys sacrificed and the hours they worked under bad conditions, they wanted a momento of their success.

1694732276393.png

I may have missed it here somewhere, but in the now notorious video of Cavalcante crab-walking out of prison, has anything been said about the other prisoner in the video?
That other guy definitely seems to be the lookout. He appears when DC is about to climb, his back is to DC as this guy peers forward, then he rushes off as soon as DC is out of sight.

I’ve been away this week and haven’t been following rigorously.

TIA if anyone has heard anything about this other guy.

Or maybe it’s nothing, but IMO he certainly does appear to be the lookout.

Definite lookout IMO. I think he was pretending to watch the basketball game (if there was one) and when he ran away he was jumping back in the game. I don't know iif they would be able to charge him with anything? I doubt DC will rat him out. JMO.

With a freakin' lid. Seriously. They can have "outdoor gym time" in the sun but put some sort of hardware cloth across the top of the outdoor area. (Hardware cloth is like chicken wire, but thicker gauge, tighter holes, whereas chicken wire is easily bent.)

I think I read that they're already on it. JMO.

I am not sure.
But -
Not us. Others.

Oh yeah he definitely has support IMO. I saw it in the comments - anti LE people - probably mostly ex-convicts but they sure change their tune when they need help don't they ...

I think I read that they're already on it. JMO.
I sure hope so!

I wonder if he practiced the crab walk and if any cameras caught that and if he was reprimanded for it. Because if he hadn't practiced it - he crabwalked up on first attempt and bypassed the 2 sets of razor wire and then... no one that I know of has mentioned this aspect - jumped DOWN off a roof to get out of the premises. How high was the roof he jumped off, sustaining no injuries, apparently? No security cam or human watching that feed, either, so off he went and the rest is history as we know it.

I sure hope so!

I wonder if he practiced the crab walk and if any cameras caught that and if he was reprimanded for it. Because if he hadn't practiced it - he crabwalked up on first attempt and bypassed the 2 sets of razor wire and then... no one that I know of has mentioned this aspect - jumped DOWN off a roof to get out of the premises. How high was the roof he jumped off, sustaining no injuries, apparently? No security cam or human watching that feed, either, so off he went and the rest is history as we know it.

yes good points
we need a more detailed accounting of his escape from the prison
so far no charges against the guard - just his dismissal - but maybe more is coming

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow
Back