SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
and the razor to shave?
I am just going to speculate here.

IMO someone left that backpack where he knew to find it.

Backpack reportedly contained at least a razor

IMO, he had help on the outside.

jmo

jmo

yes thanks for that article
and I agree about the help
he sure waited too long to carjack and flee the country but I'm glad he never made it here to Canada!

I don't care for the optics either, but I get that the group was elated and this will probably be the most memorable day in their careers. I think it's a sign of the times... all the selfies, posting pics on FB and Instagram has become a way of life for many. Guess I'm just old school... so for example, I decided not to take a picture of my 50th blood donation because I was only doing what I should be doing,,, and when you think of it, I should have given 75 donations by now.

That the LEO were happy to apprehend LE and proud of their dogs, I understand. Their right was to take the photo.

I just think the copies should have stayed with these LEOs. Posting them in the media was not the best idea. JMO.

jmo

Agree. JMO, he can't be trusted and he gives out minimal amount of information. If he says he wanted to carjack a vehicle and flee to Mexico or Canada, chances are, he planned to travel East or West of the country and hide in a city. East (NY) would be easier, but my hunch is, he'd travel West. DC probably had some contacts in the country, or could make them. He'd probably end up being a hitman for some crime group. Part of the reason he got caught was due to being sick and feverish. This is strictly my opinion.

That the LEO were happy to apprehend LE and proud of their dogs, I understand. Their right was to take the photo.

I just think the copies should have stayed with these LEOs. Posting them in the media was not the best idea. JMO.
IMO that was so weird to see a group shot of LE with Cavalcante! It was kind of like a reality live event and so unprofessional! I could hardly believe what I was seeing.

Scoop: Danelo Cavalcante told law enforcement after his capture “he intended to carjack someone in the next day & make his way to Canada or Mexico.” Through a Portuguese interpreter with U.S. Marshals, State Police & Chester County detectives present,he spoke about escape. 1/4

2/4 “Cavalcante said his endgame was to carjack someone in next day because he noticed increasing aerial search helicopters & airplanes. He hid under thick underbrush and on 3 occasions said armed search teams came within 7 to 8 yards of him. He only moved at night, no days.”

3/4 Cavalcante did his own surveillance during escape, he told his interrogators through interpreter. “He did surveillance of first perimeter around Longwood Gardens, so he knew where&when to run make his escape. He also did surveillance on the house he stole rifle.

4/4 “He didn’t just do those without planning first. He said he hid his fecal matter ‘number twos’ under leaves&brush so searches wouldn’t find where he had been. He found a backpack with a razor inside, which he used to shave. He lived of stream water & a watermelon he stole.”

As it happened this morning. Yoda, the U.S. Border Patrol (BORTAC) 4 year old Belgian Malinois that took down Danelo Cavalcante in thick brush of Northern Chester County & ended his 14 days on the lam.

Danelo Cavalcante, face down in mud & weeds, cuffed behind his back & surrounded by federal agents in camouflage, that matches the rugged terrain they searched for 14 days & nights. With the Border Patrol’s K-9 Yoda, who was the first federal officer to get to him.

Scoop: Danelo Cavalcante told law enforcement after his capture “he intended to carjack someone in the next day & make his way to Canada or Mexico.” Through a Portuguese interpreter with U.S. Marshals, State Police & Chester County detectives present,he spoke about escape. 1/4

2/4 “Cavalcante said his endgame was to carjack someone in next day because he noticed increasing aerial search helicopters & airplanes. He hid under thick underbrush and on 3 occasions said armed search teams came within 7 to 8 yards of him. He only moved at night, no days.”

3/4 Cavalcante did his own surveillance during escape, he told his interrogators through interpreter. “He did surveillance of first perimeter around Longwood Gardens, so he knew where&when to run make his escape. He also did surveillance on the house he stole rifle.

4/4 “He didn’t just do those without planning first. He said he hid his fecal matter ‘number twos’ under leaves&brush so searches wouldn’t find where he had been. He found a backpack with a razor inside, which he used to shave. He lived of stream water & a watermelon he stole.”

As it happened this morning. Yoda, the U.S. Border Patrol (BORTAC) 4 year old Belgian Malinois that took down Danelo Cavalcante in thick brush of Northern Chester County & ended his 14 days on the lam.

Danelo Cavalcante, face down in mud & weeds, cuffed behind his back & surrounded by federal agents in camouflage, that matches the rugged terrain they searched for 14 days & nights. With the Border Patrol’s K-9 Yoda, who was the first federal officer to get to him.

Yoda! :)

The program Sunday Morning had a little story about the capture. Interestingly they described Yoda as a "bite-hold' K-9 dog, which means he is trained to hold onto the target until he is told to let go. Very interesting. Love Yoda!!!! he sure did his job- if not for him the perp might have gotten to his rifle.

The program Sunday Morning had a little story about the capture. Interestingly they described Yoda as a "bite-hold' K-9 dog, which means he is trained to hold onto the target until he is told to let go. Very interesting. Love Yoda!!!! he sure did his job- if not for him the perp might have gotten to his rifle.

Yoda is an outstanding representation of this type of hardcharging working dog. It's satisfying for the working dog community to see. Strong genetics and superb training. To fully appreciate this dog and handler - this was a hasty deployment with a ton of environmental activity and distractions going on (helicopters, yelling, adrenaline, a ton of boots on the ground, maybe other working dogs in the area, etc.) with a suspect that likely fought back initially- but this dog presumably took one full deep bite/grip (not regripping-good boy) and held the suspect until released. The fight can be on with a suspect during this time of the hold. This dog has strong nerves. Good boy. imo

K9 Loki, his handler, and Lt. Col. Bivens joined other PSP personnel in Chester County to be honored before a Unionville High School football game. A big thank you goes to the Chester County community for their support.

Attachments

• 1695832341053.png
    1695832341053.png
    754.5 KB · Views: 2
DERRY TOWNSHIP, DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa. (WHTM) — Pennsylvania State Police are offering a closer look at the technology the agency used in the massive manhunt for escaped inmate
Danelo Cavalcante.

It is called FLIR — Forward Looking Infrared — technology, and police said it is not only game-changing but can be life-saving too.

The FLIR system works through a camera and sensors that sit just below the cockpit of a helicopter. [...]

Updated: Sep 28, 2023 / 07:47 PM EDT

bbm

WASHINGTON (TND) — The convicted killer who escaped a Pennsylvania prison and was on the run for two weeks is scheduled to appear before a district judge on Wednesday morning.

Danilo Cavalcante, 34, is set to attend a preliminary hearing in court at 9 a.m. after he was charged with escaping prison, according to an arrest warrant. [...]

A court hearing in Cavalcante’s Brazilian homicide case has been set for October 11. The case is expected to go to a jury.

Tue, September 26th 2023, 6:25

WEST CHESTER, Pa. – At least a month before a convicted murderer escaped from a southeastern Pennsylvania prison, eluding a massive manhunt for two weeks before he was recaptured, a prison guard had warned that he was planning an escape, according to an email exchange made public this week.

Hours after the Aug. 31 escape of Danilo Cavalcante from the Chester County Prison, a prison sergeant said in an email that Corrections Officer Hernandez “noted back in July that this inmate was planning an escape.” Sgt. Beavers said he was sending the email because he didn't want “this to come back on us or Hernandez in any way.”

Prison guard warned that Danilo Cavalcante planned escape a month before he fled, emails show

October 17, 2023 at 3:55 PM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back