SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yes good points
we need a more detailed accounting of his escape from the prison
so far no charges against the guard - just his dismissal - but maybe more is coming
Yes, because certainly other staff were watching camera feeds, not just the live guard in the outdoor exercise area. I imagine there would be cameras aimed at the roof and outer perimeter in all directions. Just unbelievable.

All the expense this one human cost in all aspects.

Longwood having to close for days, cannot imagine their loss not just in visitor admission fees but food loss in restaurants and gardens becoming overgrown etc.

LE time and salaries, area businesses hurting as people were not going outside of their homes and business owners shutting down temporarily and more. And yet there’s nothing he can be held accountable for regarding the financial implications of his stint. He can’t reimburse anyone. And never could even if he was granted a release from his murder sentence.

I am not sure.
We support and value the police.
But -
My husband, who had a career in the military and then in his early retirement became a police officer, said every day of this hunt: “this guy is going to be viewed as a hero”,
And the day DC was caught, my husband said “this guy won.”
He said this because yes DC was ultimately caught, but he managed to elude more than 500 LE for two weeks.
My husband is not on DC’s side, but like in the film “Catch me if you can”, the bad guy can be viewed with hero status.
I repeat, we are for the police, but some people are not, and I imagine when he returns to prison he will receive a heroes’ welcome and also many letters adoring him.
Not us. Others.
I think he will try to escape again-remember the guys from Danemorra (sp?)?

I sure hope so!

I wonder if he practiced the crab walk and if any cameras caught that and if he was reprimanded for it. Because if he hadn't practiced it - he crabwalked up on first attempt and bypassed the 2 sets of razor wire and then... no one that I know of has mentioned this aspect - jumped DOWN off a roof to get out of the premises. How high was the roof he jumped off, sustaining no injuries, apparently? No security cam or human watching that feed, either, so off he went and the rest is history as we know it.
It’s really deplorable that no one was watching that camera feed. Why have it at all if no one is scrutinizing it, particularly when the prisoners are not in their cells? That would seem to me to be the most likely time for an escape.

I understand ANY job, no matter how fraught, can become monotonous over time. I could never do the job of a corrections officer and I applaud those who do it well. IMO though there is simply no excuse. EVERY video feed should have eyes on it at all times, ESPECIALLY if the prisoners are not locked up at the moment.

Maybe DC did practice as you suggest, @JerseyWasHome2, or maybe the guy in that prison who previously escaped the same way, but was caught after five minutes, huddled with DC in the yard one day and told him how to do it.

JMO

It’s really deplorable that no one was watching that camera feed. Why have it at all if no one is scrutinizing it, particularly when the prisoners are not in their cells? That would seem to me to be the most likely time for an escape.

I understand ANY job, no matter how fraught, can become monotonous over time. I could never do the job of a corrections officer and I applaud those who do it well. IMO though there is simply no excuse. EVERY video feed should have eyes on it at all times, ESPECIALLY if the prisoners are not locked up at the moment.

Maybe DC did practice as you suggest, @JerseyWasHome2, or maybe the guy in that prison who previously escaped the same way, but was caught after five minutes, huddled with DC in the yard one day and told him how to do it.

JMO
If there was ever a job for AI, it would be monitoring multiple video feeds and alarming to get a human review when something or someone seems out of place IMO Not sure why there could not be an alarm tripped when something big (like a human) goes on the roof or over the razor wire.

If there was ever a job for AI, it would be monitoring multiple video feeds and alarming to get a human review when something or someone seems out of place IMO Not sure why there could not be an alarm tripped when something big (like a human) goes on the roof or over the razor wire.

He's very fast and very observant. I have no doubt the convict in the failed escape gave him details.

Having roof alarms is one thing, but they need to widen that entryway and make the convicts wear shower shoes. Much more difficult to climb if your plastic flip flops are falling off.

I am not sure.
We support and value the police.
But -
My husband, who had a career in the military and then in his early retirement became a police officer, said every day of this hunt: “this guy is going to be viewed as a hero”,
And the day DC was caught, my husband said “this guy won.”
He said this because yes DC was ultimately caught, but he managed to elude more than 500 LE for two weeks.
My husband is not on DC’s side, but like in the film “Catch me if you can”, the bad guy can be viewed with hero status.
I repeat, we are for the police, but some people are not, and I imagine when he returns to prison he will receive a heroes’ welcome and also many letters adoring him.
Not us. Others.
This guy killed his girlfriend in front of her children. Prisoners don't like people who harm women or kids.

yes- we will know if he had any solid food because running for two weeks without meals and only watermelon he would have lost 10-15 lbs...
Like I've said several times already, I have a feeling that even if he didn't have direct assistance, he found some Little Free Pantries and raided those. They not only contain food, but often toiletries and even basic clothing items, intended for the needy but anyone can take thing if they want them.

Wow. A homeowner's cigarette craving started a procession of tactical Rube Goldberg events.
SOUTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. (KYW Newsradio) — There is little doubt of the hard work that went into the two-week effort to recapture escaped prisoner Danelo Cavalcante, but the lucky break that led law enforcement directly to the spot where search teams could finally close in on the fugitive Wednesday morning comes down to a late-night cigarette break.

Cavalcante was caught shortly after 8 a.m. Wednesday in a heavily wooded area of Pottstown. The events that led police there started with a burglar alarm that sounded around midnight at a home near Prizer Road in South Coventry Township, within the search perimeter.

However, that alarm had nothing to do with Cavalcante. According to the homeowner, who wants to remain anonymous, he set off the alarm by mistake.

Wow. A homeowner's cigarette craving started a procession of tactical Rube Goldberg events.

SOUTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. (KYW Newsradio) — There is little doubt of the hard work that went into the two-week effort to recapture escaped prisoner Danelo Cavalcante, but the lucky break that led law enforcement directly to the spot where search teams could finally close in on the fugitive Wednesday morning comes down to a late-night cigarette break.

Cavalcante was caught shortly after 8 a.m. Wednesday in a heavily wooded area of Pottstown. The events that led police there started with a burglar alarm that sounded around midnight at a home near Prizer Road in South Coventry Township, within the search perimeter.

However, that alarm had nothing to do with Cavalcante. According to the homeowner, who wants to remain anonymous, he set off the alarm by mistake.
This is absolutely crazy!!!

Some hospitals have something like that. When patients are delirious or have dementia and are a fall risk, they have a camera in the room which has a sensor that alerts AI to call for a nurse if they get out of bed and to tell the patient to stay in bed. They really should have it at prisons.

Escaped Prisoner Danelo Cavalcante Captured After Manhunt​

Escaped Pennsylvania prisoner Danelo Cavalcante was finally captured after a two-week manhunt. He was cornered on the 14th day of the search by Pennsylvania State Police and Border Patrol SWAT teams. Thirty-four cops in combat gear posed for a photo with Cavalcante. He was then marched to an armored police vehicle. Cavalcante's capture came after a night of nail-biting tension. Inside Edition's Steven Fabian has more.

Last edited:

Such abominable news but I am happy to learn more about DC’s victim.

I don’t want her to be a non-entity and I didn’t know much about her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back