SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully, the man will get his grass cutting work boots back! LOL

I think it was the governor during the news conference that said that he'd get an Eagles hoodie for the person whose hoodie was stolen.

I'm guessing not for awhile, if ever. Those boots are now evidence in a new criminal investigation.

jmo

yes, it's all explained in this mornings presser.

I did not listen to the press conference.

How long do they think he was in the woodpile, as in just ran in and hid while being pursued or was hiding there for most of the night hoping LE would pass him by?

I learned following the Idaho student murders case that LE in PA do not wear bodycams as the suspect (Bryan Kohberger) was apprehended in PA. The defense requested the bodycam footage from the prosecution and prosecution stated there wasn't any because they do not wear them.

That said, I am aware other agencies were involved in DC capture but do not know if they wear cams or not.

That was true for PSP (only) at the time of the Idaho murders, cost was one factor I believe. This is now scheduled to change.

jmo

I did not listen to the press conference.

How long do they think he was in the woodpile, as in just ran in and hid while being pursued or was hiding there for most of the night hoping LE would pass him by?

I did not hear about him being in a woodpile. I heard they got a hit on heat sensing around midnight/1 am and formed a perimeter. Storms moved in and lightening caused the plane to land so they moved their ground units in to encapsulate the area with 2 perimeters: one inside, and another outside of that (in case he ended up successfully breaching the inner again). When weather cleared they went back up, got a heat signal, began moving in, released the dog, and once he was located by the dog, they moved in to capture. I recall Lt Col stating DC didn't realize they had him until they he heard the dog and ground forces rustling in the woods, at which point he began to crawl away on the ground. Maybe that's when he made it to a woodpile?

This is how I remember it anyway.

jmo

Did you all hear some cheering in this video?
As he was getting into the vehicle.
I’m worried this guy is going to be viewed as a hero by some since he lasted so long on the run -
Probably married within a year

what makes you think that? it could've been people cheering that the good guys got him and were taking him away

He claims to have survived on stream water and watermelon. ??? The writing makes it sound like he lived off of it for the entire 2 weeks. I think not. Odd wording. Maybe he's trying to lie about his break-ins where he stole food and thinks LE is dumb enough to believe that he frequented the same farm for sustenance.

From link below:

POTTSTOWN, Pennsylvania (WPVI) -- Danelo Cavalcante received no help after breaking out of the Chester County Prison, and he survived on watermelon and stream water before he was captured on Wednesday, according to investigators.

The escaped prisoner crab-walked up two walls out of the prison on August 31. He was able to find a watermelon patch while on the run for 14 days.

Authorities also say he told law enforcement he was almost stepped on by police at one point during the search. And to avoid detection, Cavalcante covered his own fecal matter along his trail.

almost stepped on by police at one point!!!
they must be annoyed to hear that

some reports are saying he was in a shed behind a business?

I don't mind the self-congratulations at all. Keeping up morale and camaraderie is essential. LE works under such pressure and opposition from criminals and public alike, and congratulations is a way to keep the momentum going. I don't begrudge any of it after a mission is accomplished.

jmo

Yes. I think it would be nice to hear how it felt, in hot weather, crawling in these arboretum-fancy bushes, the animal fainting, probably LEO getting hurt, too, and the public almost demanding to capture him yesterday. He won’t have stayed in PA.

He claims to have survived on stream water and watermelon. ??? The writing makes it sound like he lived off of it for the entire 2 weeks. I think not. Odd wording. Maybe he's trying to lie about his break-ins where he stole food and thinks LE is dumb enough to believe that he frequented the same farm for sustenance.

From link below:

POTTSTOWN, Pennsylvania (WPVI) -- Danelo Cavalcante received no help after breaking out of the Chester County Prison, and he survived on watermelon and stream water before he was captured on Wednesday, according to investigators.

The escaped prisoner crab-walked up two walls out of the prison on August 31. He was able to find a watermelon patch while on the run for 14 days.

Authorities also say he told law enforcement he was almost stepped on by police at one point during the search. And to avoid detection, Cavalcante covered his own fecal matter along his trail.

He started his escape at 5 foot, 120#. From his arrest pictures, I think he lost a lot of weight.

He might have had enough to survive, but not much more.

JMO

In the PC they said it was a scalp wound, which are notorious for heavy bleeding.

“Overview. Minor cuts on the head often bleed heavily because the face and scalp have many blood vessels close to the surface of the skin. Although this amount of bleeding may be alarming, many times the injury is not severe and the bleeding will stop with treatment you can do at home.”

There are many big veins on the head surface. The pressure in them is low, so while a bite at the scalp can generate bleeding from several veins, it won’t lead to a serious blood loss. I suspect the photo’s saturation might have been slightly increased, so it looks too dramatic. What he really needed was a tetanus shot. And…from the story about the girlfriend I understood that DC was prone to biting. I guess he might need to be treated for rabies, too, as many forest animals carry rabies, and god knows what he ate. Not every inmate is a killer, and I don’t want him to spread whatever he might have gotten during these days.

Reactions: IDK

From link below:

I think that the gardens could be full of small rodents, perhaps bunnies, too. He may be unwilling to acknowledge that he ate raw meat, but to me, it seems quite possible.

I’m asking because last night Newsnation showed live footage of the dog with LE. It was an intense scene and one of them said Got him. They got out of the way from the camera and said the dog picked up the scent and that they were excited.

It makes me wonder if they had him then but weren’t ready to make a formal announcement. So I’m curious about the bodycam to see if it was day or evening when they got him.
Late last night ground units had him surrounded with the help of a heat seeking aircraft. It was not far from an alarm call that had just come in. Thunderstorms moved into the area so the aircraft had to land. The ground unit that had him surrounded stayed in position all night long - during the thunderstorms and rain.

At sunrise today (9/13), the heat seeking aircraft was back in the air and ground units had him surrounded and peacefully captured him with the assistance of a K9 officer!

JMO

Last edited:
he really is a chameleon - he looks different in every photo to me

If you Google his name and images, you may see a lot. Some from Brazilian journals. He looks much younger with little weigh + no facial hair and almost 40 when sporting really long hair and beard in jail. When he had more weight on, even beard - no beard made a difference. The only thing that stays the same is the gaze. Some people describe such gaze as dead, to me it seems that he might score highly on alexithymia scale (“expressionless eyes”), but something is not OK for sure.

Did you all hear some cheering in this video?
As he was getting into the vehicle.
I’m worried this guy is going to be viewed as a hero by some since he lasted so long on the run -
Probably married within a year

Well, to be quite honest, the story looks like a plot for a good movie and a book. Really, good. So I am not surprised that people were cheering him. I don’t want to prophet what will happen within a year, but 1) the guy has an ability to get in trouble, in different societies, even when things go well for him. He might be viewed as a hero, but prison is a society, too; and 2) he might get really sick from his days on the lam. Deer ticks are spreading, other animal- and water-borne pathogens, as well.

I may have missed it here somewhere, but in the now notorious video of Cavalcante crab-walking out of prison, has anything been said about the other prisoner in the video?
That other guy definitely seems to be the lookout. He appears when DC is about to climb, his back is to DC as this guy peers forward, then he rushes off as soon as DC is out of sight.

I’ve been away this week and haven’t been following rigorously.

TIA if anyone has heard anything about this other guy.

Or maybe it’s nothing, but IMO he certainly does appear to be the lookout.

100%

This was a 2 week long ordeal where I am sure many of them barely slept and spent every single day with all hands on deck trying to locate this "man". They knew he killed in Brazil, then fled to the US.. lived here working (illegally?) and blending in for years then he murders his ex because she was going to tell on him for the murder in Brazil. He stabbed her over 20 times.. THAT takes rage and something that not many murders having the ability to do. He also did that in front of young children. :( This man then escaped from a jail just right out from under their noses.. 2 weeks in he had stolen a vehicle and then a gun. I'd say every single officer involved was just plain exhausted and determined to get this guy before he killed someone else. They also knew he had zero to lose by going out with a "Bang" and I'm sure they feared he would do just that by entering a home and holding people captive or murdering them. They lived 2 weeks on edge trying to get a head of this guy all while being fully at risk by not knowing exactly where he was as they were searching.

I say they earned a little brag and to be elated and relieved with the capture. Maybe all those emotions just spilled over and it sounded like bragging and back patting, but I know I wouldn't want their job and I don't know how I'd react if I were part of that team that spent weeks searching and coming up empty, no sleep, just fear he would harm another innocent person or one of my brothers/sisters in LE.

We don’t even know if his GF was going to tell on him about the murder in Brazil. All we know is that he escalated into severe DV, and she applied for restraining order against him. This is when he got afraid that she might…and killed her. Either it is a community where everyone gossips about everyone else, and not in a nice way, and someone warned him that his GF was planning to talk, or, likely, it was his own paranoia.

Anyhow, this is what I can’t understand. If you plan to play a macho all your life, why blabber to your GF that you killed a man?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back