SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The convicted murderer who busted out of a Pennsylvania prison last month allegedly broke into a house Monday night and was shot at seven times by the homeowner after stealing a rifle, according to a report.

State police warned that Danelo Cavalcante may now be armed after he reportedly ran off with a .22 caliber rifle he snatched from the home, according to Fox 29 Philadelphia.

So, he stole a gun and then the homeowner shot at him? I guess I got the order of events mixed up. Appreciate the correction.

jmo

Significant vehicle traffic at the corner of Fairview and Nantmeal Rd. Nantmeal Rd becomes Horseshoe Trail as it runs south.

Map:

The sun rose at 6:41am EST today.

JMO

Last edited:
Just caught up on the whole of this thread (and the last one) this morning - I am from the UK so was not aware of this case.

So many times throughout the thread I thought the escapee was going to be caught - I am amazed that I have come to the end of the thread and he is still on the run - not sure how he has lasted so long in a relatively small area considering the amount of law enforcement trying to catch him.

From the sounds of it they hopefully have him trapped and know where he is now and as the daylight comes in the US today hopefully they will be able to finally catch him (or more likely put an end to this by shooting him).

I hope no law enforcement or members of the public get hurt in the likely gunfire which will occur.

Also I saw on this thread that a couple of members were living in close proximity to the area where law enforcement believe that he is - I hope you all stay safe.

Significant vehicle traffic at the corner of Fairview and Nantmeal Rd. Nantmeal Rd becomes Horseshoe Trail as it runs south.

Map:

The sun rose at 6:41am EST today.

JMO
I wonder if they are stopping cars that approach the intersections to look inside and talk to the drivers etc
On Google maps several intersections look yellow/red

Craig Caine, a retired inspector with the U.S. Marshal’s Service who worked on the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force, said there’s always a way to get through a perimeter.

Wooded terrain is particularly difficult to search especially when someone as small as Cavalcante — he’s 5 feet (1.5 meters) tall — can easily camouflage themselves or climb into a tree, said Caine, who isn’t involved in the search efforts.

Even though Cavalcante slipped through the perimeter, it won’t make things easier, Caine suggested.

“They definitely have their work cut out for them now that he breached the perimeter and they don’t have a defined area to search,” he said. “This guy has nothing to lose. But law enforcement just has to get lucky once. This guy has to get lucky everyday he’s out there.”

The length of the manhunt is not unusual, Caine said. Searches for escaped prisoners have lasted four or five weeks, or even years, he said.

They have closed all of the roads surrounding the search area.

Solid closed roads forming a closed circle around the search area.

You need to toggle around this map (at this level of detail) to see the entire circle

JMO

ETA - Temp in the area is 65. DC has to be pretty cold by now.

Craig Caine, a retired inspector with the U.S. Marshal’s Service who worked on the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force, said there’s always a way to get through a perimeter.

Wooded terrain is particularly difficult to search especially when someone as small as Cavalcante — he’s 5 feet (1.5 meters) tall — can easily camouflage themselves or climb into a tree, said Caine, who isn’t involved in the search efforts.

Even though Cavalcante slipped through the perimeter, it won’t make things easier, Caine suggested.

“They definitely have their work cut out for them now that he breached the perimeter and they don’t have a defined area to search,” he said. “This guy has nothing to lose. But law enforcement just has to get lucky once. This guy has to get lucky everyday he’s out there.”

The length of the manhunt is not unusual, Caine said. Searches for escaped prisoners have lasted four or five weeks, or even years, he said.

Years would not be good LOL

They have closed all of the roads surrounding the search area.

Solid closed roads forming a closed circle around the search area.

You need to toggle around this map (at this level of detail) to see the entire circle

JMO

ETA - Temp in the area is 65. DC has to be pretty cold by now.

If he’s on the move 65 is great.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper