SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Half-Naked and Afraid: The Convict Episode

Most of the Naked and Afraid contestants are out there in a pair for 21 days. Their needs become: Shelter, Fire, then Water, then Food. ( or maybe Water then Fire)

Shelter is out of the question for him. He's not building anything but is hiding out under trees or in drain pipes. Very susceptible to hypothermia when it rains, and massive # of bugs.

Water - seems to be plenty around but if not boiled, can transmit Giardia or other intestinal diseases that could be debilitating, too.

Fire: Not gonna happen. Not boiling water, not keeping warm or keeping bugs off

Food: Berries, snakes, rabbits, squirrels but he can't risk using the firearm to shoot anything or waste a bullet.

He's gone 13 days so far, but he's lost shelter and protective clothing, dwindling food choices. Might be having diarrhea or other GI symptoms.

Please make today the day !

Where is everyone watching the helicopter footage?

tia
Fox 29 Philly had one up earlier: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fox+29+philadelphia+live

And as Otis mentioned, 6ABC has one up on occasion - here on YouTube is a link to an interesting aerial coverage of the search of a massive farm. Just the number of outbuildings alone to search is incredible. At 01:35, one LE petted one of the goats... probably the only nice break in their beyond stressful hours out there.

I think the Stand Your Ground law is not that loose.

I believe the law allows to you stand your ground in imminent danger. In other words, you have the right to defend yourself without having to run away.

However, there must be an imminent threat. As explained to me in a conceal carry class, it is the pee in your pants test.

This is sometimes combined with a Castle Law that allows you to protect your residence. In some states, that extends to your vehicle.

If the law allows you to shoot someone just because they are wanted by LE, society could descend into vigilante chaos pretty quick.

I am not even close to being a lawyer, so, this is just my understanding.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

I’m sure some lawyers could argue having an escaped convicted murderer on your property could be considered an “imminent threat “

So how do you all feel about helicopters vs drones?
I just wonder about all the noise of the helicopters - if it creates more problems like:
- covers noises the suspect is making - the dogs and people can't hear him
- distracts the dogs
- distracts the horses
- consumes a ton of fuel

From the footage I'm seeing the helicopters take, I just wonder couldn't drones do that?

The only advantage I can think of of a helicopter is the psychological battle which is tiring out the suspect, knowing they are hunting him.

Unless there is something I'm missing - maybe there are armed officers in the helicopter etc.

Thoughts?

Fox 29 Philly had one up earlier: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fox+29+philadelphia+live

And as Otis mentioned, 6ABC has one up on occasion - here on YouTube is a link to an interesting aerial coverage of the search of a massive farm. Just the number of outbuildings alone to search is incredible. At 01:35, one LE petted one of the goats... probably the only nice break in their beyond stressful hours out there.

It's interesting to watch the posture of the LE guys behind the one talking to the homeowner that ran to met them near the goat pen.

They were holding their rifles up ready for action

They are very well-equipped and methodical in their searches. Chicken coops, piles of debris, goat pens, gardens. Lots and lots of places where DC could be hiding out.

I just wonder about all the noise of the helicopters - if it creates more problems like:
- distracts the dogs
- distracts the horses
- consumes a ton of fuel

From the footage I'm seeing the helicopters take, I just wonder couldn't drones do that?

The only advantage I can think of of a helicopter is the psychological battle which is tiring out the suspect, knowing they are hunting him.

Unless there is something I'm missing - maybe there are armed officers in the helicopter etc.

Thoughts?

Good point !

I think it does help in the psychological game with it very apparent that the helicopters and therefore surveillance is in his area.

Drones are also undoubtedly being used, but they are much more quiet and not as likely to impress upon him the depth of the resources and people out there after him.

Well last night was hair raising. DH and I laid in bed with the Fox 29 reporter on and this demonstrated to us just how difficult things are for LE. So DC now has work boots and a gun. I wish the person with the gun had left his garage door down while he was doing whatever or at least did not turn his back. All speculation, I know but so awful. And I was so angry at all of the 'looky loos' sitting on stone walls and out and about. I know some were caught off guard and out but there were groups of spectators out. It just makes LE 's job harder and what if he takes a hostage?! I kind of wish they could play loud music or gun shots so he cannot sleep during the day. I assume he sleeps during the heat in the middle of a thicket during the day and moves at night. The good is that he can't shoot for food or cook due to him being easily discovered. People need to think and bring clothing, boots, etc into a locked garage or their homes. The fact that DC was able to steal a van with keys in a it, a gun from an open garage, a razor to shave, clothes, shoes, is ridiculous and hampers LE. Hoping that he's caught today.

Good point !

I think it does help in the psychological game with it very apparent that the helicopters and therefore surveillance is in his area.

Drones are also undoubtedly being used, but they are much more quiet and not as likely to impress upon him the depth of the resources and people out there after him.

Also a helicopter can have a sniper onboard— don’t know if they are at the point to shoot to disable him or not.

- distracts the dogs
- distracts the horses
- consumes a ton of fuel

Thoughts?
One thing I noticed is that a low flying helicopter's wind from the blades helps in looking through the trees, moving around the foliage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back