PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

according to this map there's been at least 5 sightings just today! by residents, by FBI and by police and a burglary early in the morning!

I know. I feel for every resident there, even if they have firearms. I couldn't sleep. May as well leave a bag of food on the front porch to keep him from breaking in (saying sarcastically, but still).
I would be torn, feeling very vulnerable staying home but also not wanting to leave my house empty if I left to stay somewhere else. I really feel for people who live alone.

So much damage one criminal can inflict.

jmo

I would be torn, feeling very vulnerable staying home but also not wanting to leave my house empty if I left to stay somewhere else. I really feel for people who live alone.

So much damage one criminal can inflict.

jmo
I could be completely wrong in my theories but it seems he is intentionally avoid any and all contact with the public to remain a ghost- avoid capture and prison.

Not to say if cornered or threatened with possible exposure or capture that he want use violence (alleged murder in Brazil and 38 stab wounds inflicted on former girlfriend proves he’s capable) but I don’t get a spree killer vibe from him or truly think that his intentions are to target the public seeking revenge for his conviction and life sentence- he clearly doesn’t want to go to prison for life but that’s where he belongs.

Again, I could be way off in reading his actions.

Let’s just hope that the supplies he’s managed to acquire doesn’t include alcohol- he’s been described as a mean and violent drunk- unpredictable behavior.

Is it possible LE would let him expire out there, on purpose?
I don't see that happening. They want to catch him- as soon as possible- get him back in prison- it could take a long time for him to expire and he could do damage to others while he is in the process of expiring. he needs to be caught and law enforcement is doing everything possible. I just don't understand why they are unable to catch him- In this type of situation dogs should be very very useful and yet they still have been unable to capture him. puzzled.

"Police continued their search Saturday for Danelo Cavalcante, a convicted murderer who escaped from Chester County Prison in Pennsylvania last week.The fugitive was spotted twice within the search area on Friday, according to Pennsylvania State Police."

It was a tower guard who got fired. I get that a tower guard should have spotted him once he reached the roof but what about the people who were supposed to be watching the cameras before he even made it to the roof? We see him crab walking that wall crystal clear. We also see a possible informant. So why was no one watching those cameras?

jmo

Cavalcante probably experimented with the crab walk a few times previously.

Even with the advantage of his short height versus the width of the corridor (a taller man would have had much more difficulty levering himself up) its not easy to get a grip with both hands and feet and scamper up so quickly.

Maybe the reason that he was barefoot.

IMO and hope they find him today

Cavalcante probably experimented with the crab walk a few times previously.

Even with the advantage of his short height versus the width of the corridor (a taller man would have had much more difficulty levering himself up) its not easy to get a grip with both hands and feet and scamper up so quickly.

Maybe the reason that he was barefoot.

IMO and hope they find him today
He had white sneakers on which are super clear in this video:

I don't see that happening. They want to catch him- as soon as possible- get him back in prison- it could take a long time for him to expire and he could do damage to others while he is in the process of expiring. he needs to be caught and law enforcement is doing everything possible. I just don't understand why they are unable to catch him- In this type of situation dogs should be very very useful and yet they still have been unable to capture him. puzzled.

Pretty sure they have had dogs out but claimed the heat was affecting that search effort.

There has been little coverage of the case in Brazilian news.

An article has recently appeared in O Globo with info about Cavalcante's precedents. Will translate snippets.

BTW Cavalgante is from a small town Figueirópolis in Tocantís province in Brazil, so temperature wise he should have no problems. But he may not be used to open, large green areas.

BRB

I could be completely wrong in my theories but it seems he is intentionally avoid any and all contact with the public to remain a ghost- avoid capture and prison.

Not to say if cornered or threatened with possible exposure or capture that he want use violence (alleged murder in Brazil and 38 stab wounds inflicted on former girlfriend proves he’s capable) but I don’t get a spree killer vibe from him or truly think that his intentions are to target the public seeking revenge for his conviction and life sentence- he clearly doesn’t want to go to prison for life but that’s where he belongs.

Again, I could be way off in reading his actions.

Let’s just hope that the supplies he’s managed to acquire doesn’t include alcohol- he’s been described as a mean and violent drunk- unpredictable behavior.
I agree he has avoided contact with the public so far, but he is also becoming an increasingly desperate man.The effect of bush thorns, poison ivy, bug bites, hunger and thirst are making this harder for him every hour. The circle is closing in on him.

Up thread, someone suggested hosting a large BBQ cookout upwind of the search area. Actually a pretty good idea! A treat for all LE and searchers and the smell will be torturous to a starving man.

Hope they catch him soon and his adventure ends.

JMO

O Globo article has now gone behind paywall:

Brasileiro que fugiu da prisão nos EUA foi visto duas vezes nesta sexta

I think, from what I saw before, it will be published jointly with New York Times tomorrow.

Tha article names the person alledgedly murdered in Brazil in 2017. The Modus Operandis.

And several observations about Cavalcate' s bad character.

Also we learn that he worked on cattle ranches in the proximity.

O Globo article has now gone behind paywall:

Brasileiro que fugiu da prisão nos EUA foi visto duas vezes nesta sexta

I think, from what I saw before, it will be published jointly with New York Times tomorrow.

Tha article names the person alledgedly murdered in Brazil in 2017. The Modus Operandis.

And several observations about Cavalcate' s bad character.

Also we learn that he worked on cattle ranches in the proximity.
So if he murdered someone in Brazil, fled to Puerto Rico and then came here illegally, how was he not extradited to Brazil to be tried for the first murder?

according to this map there's been at least 5 sightings just today! by residents, by FBI and by police and a burglary early in the morning!
The Mushroom Festival is going on at Kennet Square (? spelling). He may try to slip into the crowd for food. I think LE should leave some full barrels around after the festival closes and watch for him to come out to check barrels for food during the night. It makes sense that he would try to sleep during the heat of the day and travel during the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSMEITH1