PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
So if he murdered someone in Brazil, fled to Puerto Rico and then came here illegally, how was he not extradited to Brazil to be tried for the first murder?

Hi Jersey,

There is a New York Times article that explains a lot.

I hadnt heard that he fled via Puerto Rico

Let's try to find that NY Times piece!

Reactions: IDK
For those who have missed these posts.

PSP Troop J and the Chester Co. Detectives are searching for Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, who escaped from Chester County prison on Aug. 31. Anyone with information should call 911, PSP at 1-877-926-8332 or PA Crime Stoppers: 1-800-4PA-TIPS (8477) or https://p3tips.com/tipform.aspx?ID=107.

To provide updates on search efforts for escaped inmate Danelo Cavalcante, a press event is set for today at 3 p.m. at the Chester County Government Services Center, 601 Westtown Road, West Chester, PA 19382.

The search in Chester Co. for escapee Danelo Cavalcante continues this morning. These photos of him were captured on a trail-cam on the property of Longwood Gardens last night. We’re asking the public to call 911 if he’s spotted or to report any suspicious activity right away.

The reward total for information that leads to the capture of Danelo Cavalcante has been increased to $20,000. Call 911 immediately with any sightings or suspicious activity. He is believed to be in the perimeter of Routes 926 and 52, Hillendale Road and Creek Road.

Last edited:
3:54 PM · Sep 7, 2023
Authorities believe escapee Danelo Cavalcante is still within the perimeter of Routes 926 and 52, Hillendale Road and Creek Road. Call 911 immediately if seen or to report suspicious activity. Reward now totals up to $20,000 for tips leading to his capture.

10:42 AM · Sep 9, 2023
Search efforts for escapee Danelo Cavalcante continues this morning. There were two confirmed sightings of Cavalcante within the search area yesterday, September 8th. The search area now runs from Conservatory Rd. to State Route 52 and Street Rd. to Longwood Rd.

Many thanks, all goes building up.

Nothing new tonight?
Not seeing anything new anywhere, sadly. I do wonder about the perimeter at night in the dark. We are all human. If LE is stationed approx 150' apart, all it takes is one of them to look down for a few seconds, perhaps reading a text from the office, and he darts across the road. Ugh.

Danelo Cavalcante Update | Escaped Prisoner Sighted 4 Times LIVE | N18L | Danelo Cavalcante Escape​

Pennsylvania Manhunt LIVE | Pennsylvania Prison Escape 2023 | Danelo Cavacante Escape News | N18L Live from Chester County where searches are ongoing to find a convicted murderer who escaped from a suburban Philadelphia prison last week. The guard apparently did not notice Danelo Cavalcante, 34, "crab walking" between two walls to escape the facility on 31 August. The unidentified officer, who had worked at Chester County State Prison for 18 years, was fired on Thursday afternoon. The manhunt for Cavalcante, involving hundreds of police, is in week two. Cavalcante has been spotted eight times since his escape, but still manages to evade authorities. On Thursday evening, a sighting of Cavalcante prompted the evacuation and closure of Longwood Gardens, a popular botanical park spanning nearly 200-acres. Cavalcante, a Brazilian national, was sentenced last month to life without parole for killing his ex-girlfriend Deborah Brandao, stabbing her 38 times, in front of her two young children in April 2021.

Last edited:
Not seeing anything new anywhere, sadly. I do wonder about the perimeter at night in the dark. We are all human. If LE is stationed approx 150' apart, all it takes is one of them to look down for a few seconds, perhaps reading a text from the office, and he darts across the road. Ugh.
I was just thinking about this. How can police be alert for all possible movement in the darkness of the middle of the night? Impossible that police are lined up shoulder to shoulder along the whole lengths of the perimeter.
Cavalcante, being small, could even try slowly belly crawling like a soldier, avoiding sudden movement.
Ugh....

I was just thinking about this. How can police be alert for all possible movement in the darkness of the middle of the night? Impossible that police are lined up shoulder to shoulder along the whole lengths of the perimeter.
Cavalcante, being small, could even try slowly belly crawling like a soldier, avoiding sudden movement.
Ugh....
I know... feeling so awful for all affected by this. And I did see twice today on videos we aren’t allowed to link to here, actual footage of normal drains that run under roads, nothing huge, not by a bridge, just a small tunnel that lets storm water pass under a road. Surely there are tons of them in the area.

Cavalcante has now been spotted at least ten times since his brazen escape from the Chester County prison last Thursday.

Police say Friday's sightings "were actual visual sightings" rather than caught on surveillance cameras.

SEPTEMBER 9, 2023 / 7:30 PM / CBS PHILADELPHIA

Ugh....
Night vision goggles, and heat seeking radar, are items that can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM