Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

Thanks for that, and for that reference to CODIS. I'm early on the learning curve on this stuff, but it's starting to make better sense to me. If I'm understanding correctly from the Wikipedia page for CODIS, NamUs and state level DNA collection efforts take in DNA samples, digitize them, and send boiled down indexing data on them to CODIS. CODIS puts that summary index data into its databases and is able to search them for matches when asked, and to the the extent that various controlling state and federal laws permit. Apparent matches at the level of the index comparisons then need to be confirmed with more detailed comparisons of the DNA samples involved.

So it sounds to me like NamUs could routinely check new DNA profiles that it generates against its own database, or even against or against CODIS's databases. Does that sound right?

Anyway, it's very encouraging to hear that you guys have been making real life contributions like the one in that story about Tammy. Hats off to you. Is there a WS thread for that case?

The identification of Tammy was indeed a masterpiece! Respect for Roselvr and CarlK.

I really like the NamUs reps.
So I guess the rule of thumb is to err on the side of caution and submit a potential match even if they both have DNA available and to never assume they've been compared because they may not be held in the same place? (or something like that LOl)

Each of the three rings reported as found with the discovery appear to be well-worn, aged, but the engravings seem intact. Perhaps family hand-me-downs or 'acquisitions' during her travels?

Emailed Amy, sent all of the recons available plus her jewelry, I found the initial ring the right way and lightened the pic of the engagement looking ring. Doesn't look green to me. Also sent the jacket, foot wear and back pack. I put the descriptions with the pics to make it easy on her so hoping she updates the profile. The article below has all of the photos. It says there were 2 empty pill bottles, I wonder if she OD'd?.

NamUs Case # 14642 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/14642

The following fields have been changed: Image added

Physical / Medical : Eye Color Right changed from "" to "Unknown or Missing"

Clothing and Accessories : Clothing On Body changed from "winter clothing, jewelry " to "winter clothing consisting of a blue jacket and blue jeans. "

Clothing and Accessories : Jewelry changed from "yes" to "Three rings (gold Irish Claddagh ring, gold initial ring bearing the initial “C”, and gold ring with the engraved initials of “C.A. or C.R." on the interior)."

Physical / Medical : Hair Color changed from "Unknown or Completely Bald" to "Brown"

Physical / Medical : Distintive Body Features Available changed from "" to "none"

Physical / Medical : Eye Color Left changed from "" to "Unknown or Missing"

Clothing and Accessories : Footwear changed from "boots size 9" to "Two pairs of shoes (size 9 black boots and size 9 grey and purple Sketchers running shoes). "

Clothing and Accessories : Other Items Found With Body changed from "" to " Numerous items were discovered near her body; including a blanket, a box cutter, two empty pill bottles, two backpacks. "

Yeah, the empty pill bottles make me think suicide by OD. The clothing seems more recent I don't think its going to be anyone missing before, say, 2005 or more.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

The sneakers look fairly clean and new, especially compared to the boots. I don't know how often Skechers changes their sneaker lineup but if we could figure out when they started making this particular style we might be able to narrow down a time frame.

Yeah, the empty pill bottles make me think suicide by OD. The clothing seems more recent I don't think its going to be anyone missing before, say, 2005 or more.

We don't know what was in the pill bottles, could be vitamines

NamUs Case # 14642 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/14642

The following fields have been changed: Image added

Physical / Medical : Eye Color Right changed from "" to "Unknown or Missing"

Clothing and Accessories : Clothing On Body changed from "winter clothing, jewelry " to "winter clothing consisting of a blue jacket and blue jeans. "

Clothing and Accessories : Jewelry changed from "yes" to "Three rings (gold Irish Claddagh ring, gold initial ring bearing the initial “C”, and gold ring with the engraved initials of “C.A. or C.R." on the interior)."

Physical / Medical : Hair Color changed from "Unknown or Completely Bald" to "Brown"

Physical / Medical : Distintive Body Features Available changed from "" to "none"

Physical / Medical : Eye Color Left changed from "" to "Unknown or Missing"

Clothing and Accessories : Footwear changed from "boots size 9" to "Two pairs of shoes (size 9 black boots and size 9 grey and purple Sketchers running shoes). "

Clothing and Accessories : Other Items Found With Body changed from "" to " Numerous items were discovered near her body; including a blanket, a box cutter, two empty pill bottles, two backpacks. "

Great!

That's true but it just seems incredibly unlikely for someone to be carrying around empty vitamin bottles. Also I don't think they would have referred to vitamin bottles as "pill bottles".

That's true but it just seems incredibly unlikely for someone to be carrying around empty vitamin bottles. Also I don't think they would have referred to vitamin bottles as "pill bottles".

Ok....if you think it is getting us any further in identifying her....then maybe it is important

The sneakers look fairly clean and new, especially compared to the boots. I don't know how often Skechers changes their sneaker lineup but if we could figure out when they started making this particular style we might be able to narrow down a time frame.

The type of shoe is on the heal, but I can not read it

I tried looking around on the internet a little but Skechers has apparently been making shoes since the early 90s. I had about 6 pairs when I was in college in 2002, they were pretty popular back then. There are hundreds of different ones online.

Ok....if you think it is getting us any further in identifying her....then maybe it is important
Well it may indicate we are looking for someone who went through tragedy or has a history of mental health issues

These appear to be the same Skechers sneakers, "Agility - Ramp Up" with "Perfect Fit" and its model number is "11903."

In this eBay listing, there's an image of the tag showing that the pair for sale was made in October 2013. The colors don't exactly match, though, as Jane's shoes have the name "Skechers" on the back in gray/silver and "Flex Sole" printed on the outer side of the treads in purple. I can't find any shoes of this exact model available with that particular color combination, so maybe it's an earlier model of the "Agility -- Ramp Up" shoe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skechers-Sp...ea11bd6&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=152336754928

But at any rate, if the sneakers have a date of manufacture on the tag inside the tongue, that would be the earliest Jane could have acquired them before her death.

Okay, so now I have more questions than answers. Now I know there were two backpacks. Are they holding out on us? Were the backpacks both empty? Or, were they each filled with clothes? Did they have other items in them besides clothes? was one empty and one packed with things? If we knew these things it might help. An air traveler can usually have two carry-ons. Is that why there were two? Did they contain only things that aren't on the no-fly list? Did she fly by air from someplace warm, but knew she'd need winter boots? OR, was she homeless and living on the road, in the woods? But then, WHY box cutters? If the box cutters really belonged to her, does that throw out any air traveler two-bag theory? Did the bags have toiletries in them? Sometimes I take a small blanket on the plane with me, so that doesn't make me assume anything either way.

I do think this may have been an OD/suicide or at least LE is questioning it.

Too many questions. I want to know what, if anything was in the bags.

Okay, so now I have more questions than answers. Now I know there were two backpacks. Are they holding out on us? Were the backpacks both empty? Or, were they each filled with clothes? Did they have other items in them besides clothes? was one empty and one packed with things? If we knew these things it might help. An air traveler can usually have two carry-ons. Is that why there were two? Did they contain only things that aren't on the no-fly list? Did she fly by air from someplace warm, but knew she'd need winter boots? OR, was she homeless and living on the road, in the woods? But then, WHY box cutters? If the box cutters really belonged to her, does that throw out any air traveler two-bag theory? Did the bags have toiletries in them? Sometimes I take a small blanket on the plane with me, so that doesn't make me assume anything either way.

I don't think you can fly with box cutters so I think that would throw out the plane idea. But you're right the amount of stuff ect. is odd.

There is a huge pill problem in the US, lots of people taking percocet, oxycontin. I'll be shocked if LE did not swab the bottles for residue

Her shoes are very common here, Totes brand boots and Sketchers sneakers

Between the pills and the box cutter it sure sounds like it. We know she had a blanket too

These appear to be the same Skechers sneakers, "Agility - Ramp Up" with "Perfect Fit" and its model number is "11903."

In this eBay listing, there's an image of the tag showing that the pair for sale was made in October 2013. The colors don't exactly match, though, as Jane's shoes have the name "Skechers" on the back in gray/silver and "Flex Sole" printed on the outer side of the treads in purple. I can't find any shoes of this exact model available with that particular color combination, so maybe it's an earlier model of the "Agility -- Ramp Up" shoe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skechers-Sp...ea11bd6&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=152336754928

But at any rate, if the sneakers have a date of manufacture on the tag inside the tongue, that would be the earliest Jane could have acquired them before her death.

Good eye! I was gonna look into it the other day when grabbing all the info for Amy but just haven't had time. She changed out the initial ring photo for one taken the right way. Thanks to those that told LE it was the letter C

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• sneakers.png
    sneakers.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 167
  • ebay.jpg
    ebay.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 165
About the pill bottles, just being the devil's advocate....and keeping an open mind......I know about the big prescription drugs problem in USA. Off course there's a big change that whatever was in the bottles have something to do with her death. I know the sneekers and I tried to find hers...but I couldn't find this one. (that's why I said I could not find the type written on the heal)....I'm glad somebody did.

Because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm stupid

Some people, like me, use empty pill bottles to carry small items when they're traveling--hair pins, paper clips, safety pins, anything small and easily lost.

Some people, like me, use empty pill bottles to carry small items when they're traveling--hair pins, paper clips, safety pins, anything small and easily lost.
Oh that's true! I didn't even think of that

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member