Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bit of Hope, did you submit? Please do.

Race is determined by evaluating several different markers, including the following (among others):

* Orbits (eye sockets): Asians - circular; Blacks - rectangular, Caucasians - like a downward-facing Capital "D"
* Nasal Aperture: Asians - like an upside-down heart shape; blacks - circular and broad; Caucasians - tall and narrow.
* Nasal bone: Asians - broad and flat - doesn't protrude more than slightly beyond the plane of the cheekbones; blacks - broad and slightly protruding; caucasians - narrow and sharply protruding.
* Hard Palate: Native Americans - Elliptical and angling inward at molars; Blacks - "U" shaped with parallel lines; Caucasians - Parabolic and angling outward at molars.
* Incisors: Asians and Native Americans tend to have a scooped shaped posterior of the incisors
* Maxillary protrusion - Caucasians and Asians tend to have upper front teeth on an even plane with the orbits. Blacks upper front teeth tend to be positioned forward of the orbits.

(Not all persons of a given race have these characteristics, and persons of one race may have characteristics typical of a different race. All characteristics are all considered in total.):

THIS should be a sticky somewhere. Does websleuths have an information library?

Passed by Ridley Creek State Park again today and couldn't stop thinking about this poor girl. I am hoping that she will be identified by the end of 2017

I used to do +/-4 inches on the height estimate when trying to match UIDs to MPs, but I don't do it anymore because height isn't as reliable as we previously thought. For one, a body will shrink after death and may appear several inches shorter than the person was in life. Two, in case of partial remains, the height estimate may come from only one or two specific bones, which leaves more room for error since the medical examiner/forensic anthropologist didn't have much to work with. The height listed on a MP report is probably an estimate that came from a family member, and that's not really something you should rely on, especially if they haven't seen the MP in years.

It's a plus if the height is consistent, but you definitely shouldn't rule out a potential match just because the height is off.
Bumping this excellent post about height estimates and matches from one of our most experienced members.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

All of you have been working so hard to identify this woman....just chiming in with something relevant to me (but not to her identification)....may be connected to the Indiana/Iowa girls found by creeks as well. Doesn't help much, I know but maybe someday it will.

Attachments

• Ridley Creek park.JPG
    Ridley Creek park.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 54
Can you elaborate? I'm not familiar with Indiana/Iowa girls.

Posted on Facebook by the PA state police:

DELAWARE COUNTY: Attempt to Identify. In January 2016, hikers walking in a wooded area along a trail in Ridley Creek State Park discovered human remains. The body was fully clothed in cold weather attire. Following a full anthropological examination, the remains are believed to be those of a 25-45-year-old white female, approximately 5’2” to 5’10” tall. Three notable rings were found with the unknown female (a gold Irish Claddagh ring, a gold initial ring bearing the initial “C”, and a gold diamond ring.)

Isotope analysis was conducted on the remains, and the results indicated that the decedent was born and resided in the Northeast Region of the United States, with a strong probability of the decedent originating from Pennsylvania or an Adjacent State. An updated facial reconstruction of the remains was conducted based on the results of the anthropological examination and the isotope analysis.

Anyone with information regarding the identity of the unknown female should call Trooper Andrew Martin, PSP Philadelphia, at 215-452-5216. Reference incident number K02-2106312.

Anonymous tips can also be submitted through Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers: http://ow.ly/YEF230ilwnm; phone 1-800-4-PA-TIPS or (800) 472-8477. Tips leading to arrests could be eligible for cash rewards.

More pics at link
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1962288357369785&id=1428504584081501
865ce7bb6e5844538711399e483c1eb9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anyone think of Christina Crespo?? Similarities on Namus are eerily similar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member