GUILTY PA - Four mentally disabled people held captive in Philly dungeon, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMGosh!
What a great article. It truly made me cry. That poor guy and Tamara. I hope those are their children and they get to be reunited as a family. I realize the mom and dad are both handicapped, but with the help of their families, they should be able to make a place for themselves.

At least some of this story seems it will have a happy ending. There were people who loved these captives. No one knew what was going on and I hope this is a lesson for the LE community and the agencies that over-see these situations, will be more vigilante and find ways to improve the system. This should NEVER have happened.

Makes you wonder, how many others are out there in this same type of situation. :(

JMHO
fran

He wanted a cheesesteak for lunch. :great: God Bless him.

Good evening Sleuthers. I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their heads when these monsters were in Killeen, TX? I will go through each and every article to try to find this out if I have to, but if someone already knows I would prefer not to.

Exclusive: Weston Ringleader In 1981 Murder Case

Updated: Tuesday, 25 Oct 2011, 6:22 PM EDT

We obtained court documents obtained exclusively from the criminal courts of Philadelphia and they spell out the startling details of Linda Weston's 1983 conviction in the starvation death of Bernardo Ramos.
The files also show how Weston was paroled on that murder charge and was ordered by the court to take psychotropic drugs

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/exclusive%3A-weston-ringleader-in-1981-murder-case

I was reading about this woman earlier and she fits the profile of a possible Linda Weston victim, but would Weston actually be compassionate enough to drop someone off at a hospital? I don't think so....

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/10/who_is_jane_sally_doe_nursing.html

They may have already checked this. I agree, Linda Weston would not have dropped this person off. Look at the one victim who escaped and when they found her at the bus station, they tried to get her again.

JMHO
fran

Daughter 'was her mother's helper' in keeping Tacony captives, aunt says

So the four mentally handicapped adult captives her mother, Linda Ann Weston, had brought up from West Palm Beach, Fla., were going in the boiler room two floors below.

"They were going to have to put the handicapped people in the basement," Benita Rodriguez, a 15-year-old Florida runaway living in the apartment with McIntosh's 18-year-old brother, overheard Jean McIntosh say, according to a police report.

"She didn't want to have all those people in her house stinking it up," Rodriguez told police.

McIntosh, 32, charged with the same kidnapping and assault offenses as her mother, and two other suspects, is scheduled for an initial court hearing Wednesday.

McIntosh told investigators before her arrest that she knew her mother was stealing the Social Security checks of the four people found chained Oct. 15 inside the boiler room, according to investigators.

Some of her relatives say she was a longtime accomplice of Linda Ann Weston's.

"She was her mother's helper," said her aunt, Vicky Weston, the mother of Beatrice Weston, who police said was locked inside McIntosh's closet when they searched the boiler room.

Vicky Weston said in an interview with The Inquirer that her daughter told her that McIntosh, known by her middle name, Shay, "beat on her" for years.

"She said Shay beat on her worse than Linda Ann sometimes," Vicky Weston said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...ing_Tacony_captives__aunt_says.html?viewAll=y

Weston held runaway teen captive, Florida woman says

The mother of a 13-year-old runaway in West Palm Beach, Fla., has identified her daughter as yet another captive of Linda Ann Weston.

In a telephone interview Tuesday, Barbara Dameus said Weston held and brutalized her daughter for nearly two months in a home she rented in West Palm Beach.

"She was allowed to eat once a week," Dameus said of her daughter. "She was allowed to bathe once a week.

"She told me there were so many kids there. They burned her with cigarette burns when she didn't do what she was told. I am so angry with Linda."

When Dameus' daughter returned home in early February, Dameus said, the family barely recognized her.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...tive__Florida_woman_says.html?cmpid=124488429

Monica Yant Kinney: Is Weston really that incompetent?

Despite psychiatric reports, the charges she faces say she dominated her victims, robbed them.

Perhaps it's because I'd just read transcripts of Weston's 1984 murder trial for imprisoning and starving to death a mentally challenged man - an inexplicable crime for which she was lightly punished.

Or perhaps because of the complexity of the new charges, I'm struggling to understand how a woman described as so dim could allegedly lure and dominate her victims, then steal their disability checks.

Weston also stands accused of running a "breeding factory," forcing family and captives to have babies to further scam the welfare system. If that's not complicated enough, she allegedly moved the brood around the country to stay a step ahead of the law.

Weston may be mentally ill and inflicting the heinous abuse she suffered as a child, but does this sound like someone who is incompetent or mentally retarded? Read on about her last go-round with the head doctors. You be the judge.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...eston_really_that_incompetent_.html?viewAll=y

Despite psychiatric reports, the charges she faces say she dominated her victims, robbed them.

Perhaps it's because I'd just read transcripts of Weston's 1984 murder trial for imprisoning and starving to death a mentally challenged man - an inexplicable crime for which she was lightly punished.

Or perhaps because of the complexity of the new charges, I'm struggling to understand how a woman described as so dim could allegedly lure and dominate her victims, then steal their disability checks.

Weston also stands accused of running a "breeding factory," forcing family and captives to have babies to further scam the welfare system. If that's not complicated enough, she allegedly moved the brood around the country to stay a step ahead of the law.

Weston may be mentally ill and inflicting the heinous abuse she suffered as a child, but does this sound like someone who is incompetent or mentally retarded? Read on about her last go-round with the head doctors. You be the judge.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...eston_really_that_incompetent_.html?viewAll=y

She's clever as a fox. Street smarts.

Lock her up for the rest of her life.

MOO.

Weston held runaway teen captive, Florida woman says

The mother of a 13-year-old runaway in West Palm Beach, Fla., has identified her daughter as yet another captive of Linda Ann Weston.

In a telephone interview Tuesday, Barbara Dameus said Weston held and brutalized her daughter for nearly two months in a home she rented in West Palm Beach.

"She was allowed to eat once a week," Dameus said of her daughter. "She was allowed to bathe once a week.

"She told me there were so many kids there. They burned her with cigarette burns when she didn't do what she was told. I am so angry with Linda."

When Dameus' daughter returned home in early February, Dameus said, the family barely recognized her.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...tive__Florida_woman_says.html?cmpid=124488429

Once her daughter returned in such bad shape wouldn't you think that some legal action would be taken? I mean this girl was a minor child. The mother is alleging some pretty severe abuse. So even if she did run away initially, her treatment should have merited charges. Or at least an investigation. And if she really had to "escape" there could still be potential for kidnapping, even if she did go threre voluntarily at first.

She tested out as a toddler of 2 or 3???? How many toddlers even understand the concept of social security? Let alone know how to complete power of attorney forms? How many are capable of applying for welfare for the many children she encouraged, took in, kidnapped?

This woman scammed the system. And it should have been so apparent. To test out as a toddler, they should have been able to see with their eyes that she maintained a lifestyle, took care of herself in ways that a two year old couldn't have. Even without the criminal activity it should have been apparent. My guess, if they ever got a true reading on this woman she will probably have a fairly high IQ. She has just learned not to show it to authority figures. And whoever did the testing just looked at the tests, and didn't take the social history into account.

Good evening Sleuthers. I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their heads when these monsters were in Killeen, TX? I will go through each and every article to try to find this out if I have to, but if someone already knows I would prefer not to.

Missie I was looking for a timeline. Wright appears to be from Killeen or thereabouts. His co-workers called him "The Preacher". This tells of his criminal background in Texas.

It states Weston was in Killeen 2008 and 2009. That goes with what Miss Torrence has stated as well.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/man-arrested-in-philadelphia-has-criminal-record-in-1927807.html

Hope it helped a bit.

GB this young man. His childhood was something NO ONE should have to endure. But the human spirit won the day! :)

Poor guy, he still doesn't want to see his mom in jail, after everything she did to him.

Wow!
fran

PS....she is NOT crazy! You'll see reading this article. She's cunning. :mad:

Son of Linda Ann Weston says he tried, in vain, to tell of mom's abuse

ON A LUMINOUS evening in 1998, Joseph McIntosh stood amid a sweaty, soul-swaying crowd as his idols, Boyz II Men, performed in a free July 4th concert on the Ben Franklin Parkway.

For Joseph, then 16, the moment was unforgettable. It was his first taste of freedom and joy since he escaped from a dark and musty Frankford basement, where his mother, Linda Ann Weston, kept him chained for months at a time, feeding him nothing but ramen noodles and Kool-Aid laced with drugs that made him groggy.

"I walked to the Art Museum. Boyz II Men was playing. It was awesome," Joseph recalled with a tiny smile and a soft chuckle.

In an exclusive interview with the Daily News, Joseph, 29, described a nightmarish boyhood in which every societal safety net - including a Family Court judge, his Department of Human Services caseworker, teachers and school administrators, mental-health professionals and police - repeatedly failed him and his siblings

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...n_vain__to_tell_of_mom_s_abuse.html?viewAll=y

She's clever as a fox. Street smarts.

Lock her up for the rest of her life.

MOO.

There is no way a good psychologist or psychiatrist would not have tested her appropriately and found her out!! Read Cleckley and Hare FGS.

She may have street smarts and smart like a fox, but she had more pure luck on her side with authorities not following through and the people she associated with not having the backbone or compassion to report her. She put her victims thru a living hell and may God's judgement be fair! Hope the prosecution is listing and lining up those witnesses to her "personality". Pfffsst! Some are just evil....period...and she always had a choice. I hope she runs into some "lady" after she's locked up that has a intellectually challenged sibling who lays it on her!! jMO

Once her daughter returned in such bad shape wouldn't you think that some legal action would be taken? I mean this girl was a minor child. The mother is alleging some pretty severe abuse. So even if she did run away initially, her treatment should have merited charges. Or at least an investigation. And if she really had to "escape" there could still be potential for kidnapping, even if she did go threre voluntarily at first.

None of the actions by the persons who had knowledge of her abusive ways makes sense to me. Doesn't say much for her parenting, imo; but it's a very common reality now days..and we're seeing the aftermath in kids killing their own children on almost a daily basis. Who's going to care? IMO

I am seeing the profile of a very smart perp. not mentally impaired in any way except maybe emotionally. Seems very cold and calculating. She picks her victims well. She looks for them... knows the weaknesses in their support systems and exploits it. This is how she has avoided detection. She knows the strengths of the system and uses them. She knows the weakness of the system and exploits them. She maybe one of the scariest criminals I have ever seen or heard of.

We are constantly complaining here of the weaknesses we see in our public assistance system. This woman embodies all of our fears for our elderly and defensless children. Horrid to see it in the flesh. A real honest to God nightmare. JMO

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...__to_tell_of_mom_s_abuse.html?cmpid=125219969

How did so many people not do something about this woman? Every day another report surfaces that people were told about her propensities. :furious:

The way this young man described the Boyz II Men concert really tore at my heart. Can you imagine being drugged and chained up and abused by your own mother and you finally escape on the 4th of July and go to the concert?

This article spoke volumes in my opinion save for our sensationalized page blaring "Son Of A Witch". A witches creed when working in light is do no harm to others.

She commited him to EPI? That is no joke that place. However EPI found him mentally stable. That sure had to make her furious.

It's very understandable he is angry at the system. DHS failed these poor kids including his sister who is now locked up. Teachers at Roberto Clemente failed him. The old Clemente school is middle school and let me say that too was no picnic if you went there. I have to give the teachers credit for at least having some sort of meeting, but they got duped by Weston. Thankfully she didn't show up at Frankford High so he could go with Baxter and have a chance.

Here's my question. Where the heck is Mr. McIntosh? Did he fail anyone? The paternal grandmom took the kids when Weston got sent to prison so they had to have some idea where McIntosh was. Did he too die? Was he murdered? Or did he just leave Weston after birthing three children with Weston?

"Nobody wants to see their mother locked up". Bless him. He has compassion. Your own mother tortures you and locks you in a basment in Frankford and feeds you only Raman noodles and drugs you yet she is still your mother.

Kudos to Ms. Baxter for caring for a young man who needed help. She did a great job caring for a nice young man.

Also how was Weston having his welfare checks sent to her when he went into the Job Corps?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back