GUILTY PA - Jarrod Tutko, 9, disabled, starved to death, Harrisburg, 29 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also none of this makes sense really. Now she's trying to clean the boys room? What about when he was still alive? And I don't really buy her excuse that she was ALWAYS caring for the severely disabled child. Think about it? Don't you think if that child were bed ridden and wasn't going anywhere anyway (not to be so blunt) she could have taken a couple minutes out of her day to visit with Jr to feed him, clean his room some , and nurture him like any mother would, disabled or not?
Indeed yes. A child in bed needs more intense care, but a child that is mobile needs more supervision. She could have left Arianna, perhaps with a baby monitor or with the 13-year-old sister. Her reasoning for not doing so was that she was worried that Jarrod would spread germs to Arianna. I've already mentioned further up that this would not be an insurmountable obstacle; hand-washing would easily solve the problem, and if she were truly paranoid she could have visited with Jarrod just before her shower. It's not an excuse objectively, but it's the excuse she probably made for herself, and possibly the threat her husband made to keep Jarrod isolated.

they made quite a bit per child...

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-11150.pdf
It's a maximum of $480.67 per child, the amount for a disabled person living with someone else. Also note "Your payment may be lower if you have other income."--which, yes, includes SSI for other children. They had five disabled children; the maximum they could have gotten would be $2403.35, which is reduced because each child was living in a household with other sources of income (i.e., the other children's disability payments). $2100 is probably the correct figure.

It's a maximum of $480.67 per child, the amount for a disabled person living with someone else. Also note "Your payment may be lower if you have other income."--which, yes, includes SSI for other children. They had five disabled children; the maximum they could have gotten would be $2403.35, which is reduced because each child was living in a household with other sources of income (i.e., the other children's disability payments). $2100 is probably the correct figure.

they would also be entitled to SNAP (food stamps)

Food stamps and Medicaid, yes. Probably also eligible for other programs, especially assistance with caring for their children. Medicaid would have included not just basic health care but therapy for the disabled children and assistive technology (for example--a voice output communication device for Jarrod or for his autistic sister; these can help non-verbal people communicate). And everyone is eligible to go to school.

We don't know how much of this they were taking advantage of, though. I think they probably kept it to a minimum to avoid opening their home to too much scrutiny.

Indeed yes. A child in bed needs more intense care, but a child that is mobile needs more supervision. She could have left Arianna, perhaps with a baby monitor or with the 13-year-old sister. Her reasoning for not doing so was that she was worried that Jarrod would spread germs to Arianna. I've already mentioned further up that this would not be an insurmountable obstacle; hand-washing would easily solve the problem, and if she were truly paranoid she could have visited with Jarrod just before her shower. It's not an excuse objectively, but it's the excuse she probably made for herself, and possibly the threat her husband made to keep Jarrod isolated.

I agree! But if she had kept her son clean she wouldn't have had to worry about spreading germs. I understand he may have been hard to manage, but as a mother you do what you have to do you don't just ignore his needs because he's more than you care to deal with. And the father, wow, sounds like he was a real nice guy. This is just so wrong on so many levels. Then the poor 13 year old girl, what was the excuse to leave her that way? After the boy died she had to live right beside a decaying corpse and not only did he not act like he cared the boy had died but he also didn't have any sympathy for his daughter who had to smell death, yet he says he didn't tell his wife because of the other children in the home? I'm not buying his story at all!

edited to add...what was mom doing while the severly disabled child slept? Which IMO was probably most of the time!

Kimberly had not been up to Jarrod Jr.'s room, she said in years, a precaution against any bacterial contamination that could harm Arianna.

She was responsible for her; her husband was solely responsible for Jarrod Jr.

"I had nothing to do with it," Kimberly Tutko said. "I don't understand why he hid it from me. They're saying you didn't ask about your son? I ask every single day every single night..'Hey did you feed Junior? How's Junior? Oh he's fine and yes I fed him.'"

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/08/kimberly_totku_jarrod_totku.html

JMO but if she had to ask every single day if her husband had fed the boy I think there might be reason to suspect he sometimes hadn't.

Did you feed our severely autistic child who I personally haven't checked on upstairs for 3 to four years yet today?

Yep, mother of the year.

Kimberly had not been up to Jarrod Jr.'s room, she said in years, a precaution against any bacterial contamination that could harm Arianna.

She was responsible for her; her husband was solely responsible for Jarrod Jr.

"I had nothing to do with it," Kimberly Tutko said. "I don't understand why he hid it from me. They're saying you didn't ask about your son? I ask every single day every single night..'Hey did you feed Junior? How's Junior? Oh he's fine and yes I fed him.'"

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/08/kimberly_totku_jarrod_totku.html

JMO but if she had to ask every single day if her husband had fed the boy I think there might be reason to suspect he sometimes hadn't.

Agreed! but the whole she not responsible thing is BULL...every mother is responsible for EVERY child. That's just an excuse! And the bad thing is I feel that the severely disabled childs room was only "nice" because thats where the mother spent most of her time. And I'm not taking up for the dad because we all know he's full of it, but if she put all the other responsibilities on him then no wonder things turned out the way they did. That seems to be the case to me.

Did you feed our severely autistic child who I personally haven't checked on upstairs for 3 to four years yet today?

Yep, mother of the year.

I am with you. This woman is just as equally responsible as the father. Stupid, stupid. Stpid.

Absolutely disgraceful on every level. She admits that the poor little guy was confined to his room for most of his life, and didn't even check on him? There are no excuses for any part of this story. End of. When CPS were involved did they not see how skinny one of the children was? (the neighbour said they could see his ribs, saw him being smacked) did they not do a house inspection when they must have known the health conditions of the children? If the neighbors had concerns why not call CPS? The mother smelt a horrible smell and thought it was the mice. Ah yes, dead mice. She knew. She is not accepting blame because it wasn't her responsibility to care for that child. She the mother, she should have made it her responsibility. Charge her.

This is so sickening! What that poor boy must of gone through, makes me so mad.

Do we know the cause of death yet?

I will never understand parents who choose to treat their children this way, there is so much help out there now and if your not getting the help you as a family need, you need to keep on at the authorities day in day out until you get the help!

Why didn't they contact drs or services to say we can't manage him, there would of been the right family out there for this darling boy.

So sad x

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/08/mother_of_jarrod_tutko_jr_atte.html

HARRISBURG — The mother of 9-year-old Jarrod Tutko Jr., who was found dead in his feces-covered room Aug. 1, came outside for a brief memorial staged by two neighbors in front of her Harrisburg home.

Three neighbors, and one neighbor's niece, were the only ones to attend the memorial on the 2100 block of Green Street, which lasted just a few minutes.

But Tutko said she was willing to do "anything it took" to get her children back.

"They were my world," she said. "And now my world is gone."

Kimberly Tutko picked up prescriptions just twice that Beene recalled. In one instance a year or two ago, Beene said Jarrod Sr., accosted Kimberly in the store, demanding to know why she was out of the house.

"You know you're not allowed out of the house," Beene said Jarrod Sr. shouted. "We had to calm him down. He said he was worried that Kimberly would get sick and that she shouldn't be out of the house."

Another time Jarrod Sr. visited the store, about a year and a half ago, Beene remembered that Jarrod Sr. asked for advice about Jarrod Jr.'s behavior of smearing his feces on his walls.

She advised him to put a pull-up diaper on the boy, and underwear over that, then put his pants on backwards to make it harder for him to remove his pants. The next time she saw Jarrod Sr., she asked how it was going.

"He said, 'Oh. We got it under control,'" Beene said. "I got him locked up. We're doing okay."

At the time, Beene said she didn't think he meant they were literally locking the boy up. But now she wonders.

Some people use coveralls that open in the back and the child simply can't get into the diapers.

"He said, 'Oh. We got it under control,'" Beene said. "I got him locked up. We're doing okay."

:sigh: well there you have it, nothing to see here.

I'm really glad the other children made it out of that household. May they never be reunited with mom or dad. I have a hard time commenting on this story.

I think it's sad that only three neighbors, and a neighbor's niece, attended the memorial. I'm surprised mom even bothered to show.

PA - Jarrod Nicholas Tutko, Sr., re: Death of Jarrod Jr., Dauphin County.

Day 11*

Thu. Aug 7th: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...e_believe_jarrod_tutko_sr.html#incart_m-rpt-1:

Contain Multiple, GRAPHIC Photos

Contains GRAPHIC Charging Documents: http://www.scribd.com/doc/236161839/Jarrod-Tutko-Sr-police-report-charges

Historically, Coroners / Medical Examiners / Forensic Pathologists may order
additional Primary / Advanced Toxicology Tests.

Currently Incarcerated In Lieu Of $500,000 Bail:

Next Scheduled Court Date: Thursday, August 28th:
https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-12102-CR-0000294-2014*

18 § 4304 §§ A1 -- F3 :: Endangering Welfare of Children -
Parent/Guardian/Other Commits Offense
18 § 4303 §§ A -- M1 :: Conceal Death of Child
18 § 5510 -- M2 :: Abuse Of Corpse

Grades of PA Crimes:
H = Heinous
F1 = Felony of 1st Degree; F2; F3
M1 = Misdemeanor of 1st Degree; M2; M3
S = Summary

Historically, Most PA Charges Like These Have Been Advanced From Lower
Magisterial Justice Courts, to County Courts Of Common Pleas.

*Adjusted Son's Age, and Offense Date To Match Court Docket Sheets*

Similar to a recent, nearby Lancaster County, PA case:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ster-County-23-Jul-14&p=10809366#post10809366

Our Concern For Son Jarrod's Remaining Siblings.

PA - Jarrod Nicholas Tutko, Sr., re: Death of Jarrod Jr., Dauphin County, in South-Central, PA

Day 19

Tue., Aug. 19th: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...er_starvation_dehydration.html#incart_m-rpt-1:

Contains Multiple, GRAPHIC Photos of Bedroom

Includes Archives

Tue., Aug. 19th: http://www.abc27.com/story/26318173/coroner-starvation-contributed-to-death-of-harrisburg-boy-9:

[Paraphrasing Coroner: Son was Dehydrated, Malnutrition Starvation]

Next Scheduled Court Date: Thursday, August 28th

Additional Information At Post 134: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-several-days-DA-says&p=10848284#post10848284

Our Concern For Their Entire Family.

I'm so sorry Jarrod :( They will be held accountable for your suffering bub.

Poor Jerrod. Special needs, yet no one could provide his basic needs: food and water.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump
Back