GUILTY PA - Jarrod Tutko, 9, disabled, starved to death, Harrisburg, 29 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
well, he is after all, her husband's primary responsibility and has been for years . . .

<watch your step, sarcasm spill on post #143>

I just finished reading this thread and it brought me to tears. I've become what I would call slightly immune to things over the years, reading on here and just seeing horse abuse and suffering for years, but this was hard to read. The pictures of that poor boy's room--said it all. I hope he was insane and wasn't cognizant of what was happening. Surely being locked away like that deprived of anything at all would have affected his sanity. That room was empty&#8230;was there no TV or books or computer or toys or ANYTHING to occupy his time and mind? You would think he would throw tantrums and scream and scream and scream. Neighbors didn't hear him? I wonder if he was gagged or something so he couldn't attract attention. Was there a window he could break? I'm going to have to go back and look at the pictures.

I just don't see how a person who was born and there is a birth certificate, documentation on at least their arrival in this world can just be disappeared without someone asking where he is or why isn't he in school or having vaccinations or something. Were they receiving disability checks for this boy and if so, than doesn't the state require physicals or anything periodically? If ANY of the kids were receiving those checks, isn't there someone checking on the kids and making sure the disability is still there or that they are healthy or something? I have no experience or knowledge of disability or how it works but I wouldn't think that once they are approved the state just blindly keeps sending money without renewing the case and making sure everything is still the way it should be.

If the DHS was involved at some point, did they not KNOW how many children where born to this couple and insist on seeing all of them? If they checked the house, why would they not want to see all of it? There was a whole floor she didn't look at? WTF??? I sincerely hope whomever that worker is, she faces some kind of consequence for her obvious neglect in checking ALL of the children and clearing the case. She was just plain lazy or didn't care. And she obviously doesn't have a good instinct for liars or hinky behavior. You'd think she would have seen it all and just know something isn't right, at least enough to investigate further.

I am not going to say I have no sympathy for MOM, as I have a little bit of experience with being controlled and feeling like there is no way out. It sounds like she wasn't supposed to leave the house to go to store so I do think that there is an abuse issue with her too, not to mention that by now she can't be all there mentally. I do think she needs to be held accountable for her part and she definitely does not need children, now or in the future, but I don't have the rage towards her that I have towards the husband.

Sigh. I'm sorry if this post is a little all over the place, I'm just typing as I think. I still don't get how something like this went on for so long and unrecognized.

Memorial Service for Jarrod Tutko, Jr., 9 -- 1 Aug 14

Day 45

Sat., Sep. 13th: http://local21news.com/news/feature...-service-held-jarrod-tutko-junior-11868.shtml:

Includes Video

Additional Information At Post 134: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-several-days-DA-says&p=10848284#post10848284

Our Concern For The Tutko Siblings.

That was depressing. Not very many people at all showed up for Jarrod's memorial. I would have thought the whole town would have been there, even if some only came to gawk and say they were there or to catch a glimpse of the mom (who wasn't there either). Seems like somehow even in death most of the town AND his mommy shunned him.

What is going on in this world? I have sat and read all I could about little Jarrod, I am apauled what this little man went through.
I will never ever understand how parents can be so cold and cruel. How can they single a child out, lock him away and carry on living the good life? The photos of Jarrods room were unbelievable, and was the baby pic the only one they took of jarrod?
Heartless and disgusting people.

I just finished reading this thread, with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. How? Why? My son is special needs, yes his needs are special, he requires extra care, patience, time, energy and love. Guess what? I'm doubly rewarded for every minute extra I spend with him. He's amazing. He fills my world with happiness. I wouldn't change a thing about him, even when he was at his worst I was worried that therapy would take away his sweet nature, but it hasn't. He's improved far beyond our wildest imaginations and is incredibly sweet.

Nothing. Nothing. Could change how I feel about my son. He was checked for Fragile X syndrome 2 years ago, I was wracked with sadness and fear, terrified. The test came back negative.

I can't imagine removing everything from his room, locking him up and throwing away the key. I can't fathom going a day without seeing him. I can't really even imagine going an hour without checking on him (when he's at home, I don't helicopter mom him when he's in therapy ;) ).

I could go on and on but I think the majority of parents with children that have special needs quickly adapt to the needs of their child and rarely give it much thought. We adjust our lives, our routines, and do what we need to make sure our children get what they need. Sure sometimes we split up responsibilities so that our NT child doesn't miss out on account of her brother, but we both love and care for our children equally (well I probably love them more b/c it's impossible to imagine someone else could love my kids as much as me).

What is going on in this world? I have sat and read all I could about little Jarrod, I am apauled what this little man went through.
I will never ever understand how parents can be so cold and cruel. How can they single a child out, lock him away and carry on living the good life? The photos of Jarrods room were unbelievable, and was the baby pic the only one they took of jarrod?
Heartless and disgusting people.

I feel it would have been far more humane if they simply smothered him when things became unmanageable for them...that I could sympathize with on some level.

This is beyond ...just beyond horrendous & cruel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel it would have been far more humane if they simply smothered him when things became unmanageable for them...that I could sympathize with on some level.

This is beyond ...just beyond horrendous & cruel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I thought this, too. Instead they tortured him for years. Not that I condone killing children for any reason, but it's more humane to smother or even poison a baby than to subject him to that abuse for 9 years. :(

Authorities said another child in the home, a 10-year-old girl, was hours from death the night they were called to the home.

SNIP

An autopsy also found that the boy had multiple abscessed teeth and would have been in considerable pain. Authorities said they were unable to locate any dental records for him.

Kimberly Tutko previously said her husband was the boy's primary caretaker because she cared for a disabled daughter, but authorities said she never indicated she was not responsible for her son's care during a Dauphin County Children and Youth Services investigation in October 2013.

Mrs. Tutko also claimed at first that she hadn't been to the boy's room for many years, but in a later interview police said she admitted she had been in the bedroom in July and had seen her son a day or two prior to his death.
SNIP

Kimberly Tutko also had parental rights terminated for four older children through a previous relationship after a 6-month-old daughter sustained two head injuries in a short period of time.

The proceedings were closed when the couple moved out of Pennsylvania, but New Jersey's Division of Youth and Family Services had begun their own investigation into suspected neglect by the time Jarrod Junior was born in Oct. 2004.

http://www.abc27.com/story/26654595/harrisburg-couple-charged-with-homicide-in-sons-death

Much more at link. Thank you Richrd

their first hearing (probably prelim) is set for October 10, 2014

Jarrod Jr.'s body was never claimed by family, leading Dauphin County officials to have the boy's remains cremated and have them buried in a county-owned cemetery. Dauphin County Coroner Graham Hetrick said earlier in September the child's body was in the custody of the coroner's office for 19 days before his office had to make the decision to cremate his remains.

Read More at: http://local21news.com/news/feature...led-death-9yearold-harrisburg-boy-12201.shtml

So sorry little man :(

This is so incredibly tragic and heart breaking. They didn't even claim his body? This kills me. This angers me and makes me want to inflict severe pain on the "parents".

this made me cry at first but now I'm just angry

their first hearing (probably prelim) is set for October 10, 2014

Jarrod Jr.'s body was never claimed by family, leading Dauphin County officials to have the boy's remains cremated and have them buried in a county-owned cemetery. Dauphin County Coroner Graham Hetrick said earlier in September the child's body was in the custody of the coroner's office for 19 days before his office had to make the decision to cremate his remains.

Read More at: http://local21news.com/news/feature...led-death-9yearold-harrisburg-boy-12201.shtml

So sorry little man :(

WHY WHY WHY weren't these babies taken from them when she gave birth?! she should have been red-flagged
this makes me wonder how many other kids have actually died and been buried in a yard or just left somewhere to rot

Authorities said another child in the home, a 10-year-old girl, was hours from death the night they were called to the home.

SNIP

An autopsy also found that the boy had multiple abscessed teeth and would have been in considerable pain. Authorities said they were unable to locate any dental records for him.

Kimberly Tutko previously said her husband was the boy's primary caretaker because she cared for a disabled daughter, but authorities said she never indicated she was not responsible for her son's care during a Dauphin County Children and Youth Services investigation in October 2013.

Mrs. Tutko also claimed at first that she hadn't been to the boy's room for many years, but in a later interview police said she admitted she had been in the bedroom in July and had seen her son a day or two prior to his death.
SNIP

Kimberly Tutko also had parental rights terminated for four older children through a previous relationship after a 6-month-old daughter sustained two head injuries in a short period of time.

The proceedings were closed when the couple moved out of Pennsylvania, but New Jersey's Division of Youth and Family Services had begun their own investigation into suspected neglect by the time Jarrod Junior was born in Oct. 2004.

http://www.abc27.com/story/26654595/harrisburg-couple-charged-with-homicide-in-sons-death

agreed - she's his MOTHER - it WAS her responsibility

Absolutely disgraceful on every level. She admits that the poor little guy was confined to his room for most of his life, and didn't even check on him? There are no excuses for any part of this story. End of. When CPS were involved did they not see how skinny one of the children was? (the neighbour said they could see his ribs, saw him being smacked) did they not do a house inspection when they must have known the health conditions of the children? If the neighbors had concerns why not call CPS? The mother smelt a horrible smell and thought it was the mice. Ah yes, dead mice. She knew. She is not accepting blame because it wasn't her responsibility to care for that child. She the mother, she should have made it her responsibility. Charge her.

SNIP

SNIP

Does anyone else think there is a familial resemblance between the two parents ?? Today was the first time I saw photo of mom and thought OMG could they be relatives? MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R OF MAYONNAISE
Back