PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
longtallcold, what do you mean a rewind? If you are referring to scanner stuff, there isn't one here on this case that I am aware of

It does not state what time the call was made, as compared to the first we see it took LE 3 mins to arrive.

I was typing my last post when you posted this.

Some reports I saw that the 2nd call was made at 4:12 and others say the officer was there from 4:12 to 4:36

But why would she answer the door for the neighbor when she didn't open it for the police or even move inside during that time?

And there was apparently no sign of a break in?
No i meant the neighbors slipped in while the kids were sleeping a perhaps removed K from the apartment. This would be their motive for regaining control of the late night noise situation. They were perhaps so angry if the kids were stomping to get them ticked off/being quiet when the LE came back from the 2nd complaint. The neighbors knew that this was going to be an ongoing problem each weekend and no one would do anything about it. So while the kids were asleep, they slipped in the already unlocked apartment and removed K and now she is missing. I am just speculating, but there is a motive if you consider the previous disputes.

The apartment wasn't necessarily unlocked overnight. I assume that when the friend left in the morning, he unlocked the door to go out and shut the door, leaving it unlocked

What I mean is...whenever the last person left the apartment, regardless of when that actually was, that's when the door was left unlocked. There is no evidence of the door being unlocked when her and the friend were inside.

The friend could have been scared and did not know what to do. If I were drunk and sleeping at a friends even when I know my mom would expect me home regardless of me being 21. I would wake up (I wonder what woke him up) and be all oh crap I have to head home..If i woke up and my friend was not there but her stuff was there I would think she stepped out for something (maybe in her car or just because). I would wait around seeing as I did not want to lock her out her apt. Maybe go outside and call out her name, and go back inside and wait for her.

Don't understand the friend just up and leaving.

Also wondering if the apartment was two different leases or was it a duplex house that the neighbor may have rented out and was the landlord. If so, did he/she have a key to her apt, would explain getting in and doing something all while the friend was passed out. It is early hours in the morning, doesn't seem like many people would be outside to see anything.

So, the neighbors are angry (just hypothetical) especially after everyone returns to each of their apartments....after the first LE call.
The kids antagonize the neighbors by stomping on the floor.
When the 2nd complaint is filed, the LE knocks at the door and no one answers the door, they pretend to be sleeping. LE leaves the scene.
K and her guest go to sleep after LE leaves.
The neighbors are really angry by now because K and her guest didn't answer the door and played it off like there was no disturbance.

While K and her guest are sound asleep, the angry neighbors slip in K's apartment because it probably isn't locked =it wasn't locked when the male guest left that morning. The neighbors remove a sleeping K and now she is missing. They were angry enough to do something like this because they knew that this problem of evening disturbances was never going to get resolved.
They figured that they would handle it themselves. That was the motive.
JMO

I was typing my last post when you posted this.

Some reports I saw that the 2nd call was made at 4:12 and others say the officer was there from 4:12 to 4:36

It is odd but would help to understand timeline and how long LE was in fact at the location the 2nd time around.

The apartment wasn't necessarily unlocked overnight. I assume that when the friend left in the morning, he unlocked the door to go out and shut the door, leaving it unlocked
I just know how kids are. They can really be lame about locking up. Yes, it could have been locked. Like I said this was just speculation on my part.

I wanna know why they aren't looking at the surveillance tapes that are close to the apartment, or even in the hallways of the apartment. That would explain just about everything if you ask me. Or the cell phone records.

Also, why the hell won't they release the boyfriend's name, the "male friend"'s name, and the neighbor's names. Maybe people have information about those individuals that they are not sharing because they aren't certain who they are. And what about her friends that were at the bar with her? Was she dancing with anyone? Who drove? Was her male friend at the bar too? Was he even drinking since he had a car at her place too..

Better question: What kind of friend just leaves their friend's apartment without saying goodbye or wondering where she is after the night they just had. If her dog, phone, keys, car, SHOES, were all there and she wasn't in the shower or anywhere in the apartment... I'd do a little bit more than send her a text message after I left.

Maybe they..he did know it was LE at the door. I just have a gut feeling he don't have anything to do with her being missing. I remember how crazy I could get after a night of drinking. I can see them stomping and banging just to tick the neighbor off. Then turning out the lights and laughing when LE shows up.

At 21 that is exactly what we would have done but we wouldn't have been up at 7:30 the next morning.

If an assault had occurred during the stomping/banging, I would think there would be some evidence of that. I also don't think the friend would have been able to get her out of the apartment without this neighbor knowing.

There was ongoing friction about the late hours KS kept. On this particular night, KS and the neighbor argued and the police were called. You have to be pretty mad to call the police on someone and madder still to call them twice. The police do nothing either time and the neighbor knows they are upstairs not answering the door.

It could really go either way but seems like the neighbor is the one wide awake and mad.

JMO

I wanna know why they aren't looking at the surveillance tapes that are close to the apartment, or even in the hallways of the apartment. That would explain just about everything if you ask me. Or the cell phone records.

Also, why the hell won't they release the boyfriend's name, the "male friend"'s name, and the neighbor's names. Maybe people have information about those individuals that they are not sharing because they aren't certain who they are. And what about her friends that were at the bar with her? Was she dancing with anyone? Who drove? Was her male friend at the bar too? Was he even drinking since he had a car at her place too..

Better question: What kind of friend just leaves their friend's apartment without saying goodbye or wondering where she is after the night they just had. If her dog, phone, keys, car, SHOES, were all there and she wasn't in the shower or anywhere in the apartment... I'd do a little bit more than send her a text message after I left.

I agree, there seems to be some furniture store across the street and everything is close knit, atleast it seems on google street view. Her apartment isn't like a complex building, but remind me of homes up north that are 2-3 floors and taller than wider. I agree with you !

I know the boyfriend's name and two male friend's names (not sure which one of those friends was there). There's no reason for the boyfriend's name to be public. He HAD nothing to do with this. If the parents snd police are certain of his STRONG alibi, why do we need his name?

As for cameras, I highly doubt there are cameras in that apartment/house. It's really an old house transformed into a couple apartments. It's not what you would call an apartment "building". There may be cameras across the street but behind the apartment is an alley where the parking spaces are. I'm sure LE have checked into every possible camera. They already checked the camera to match the friend's story of when he left.

JMO, but I think the stomping/banging was an attack.

If the friend was making the stomping/banging noises trying to fool around with her. He sees police lights or car and quickly turns off the lights, once they are gone he does whatever needs to be done. States that he left at 730..we don't have any witnesses to confirm that he left her apt at that time, just he was on video in store after then.

Just got done reading the entire thread. Wow...such crazy information slowly coming out. Here is my two cents. I am a festival goer....i cannot see someone of that lifestyle (or drunk for that matter) antagonizing the cops by pretending to be asleep or stomping on the floor to pi$$ the neighbors off. People in that circle usually don't want trouble from anyone, especially the cops. I believe the stomping and noises were an attack (as stated above, the neighbor has motive). I am taking the sleeper and bf out of the equation b/c as far as we know they have alibis (right???). Did she smoke....could they smoke inside? Maybe she stepped out for a cigarette (or just fresh air, a phone call, etc). I def. think something happened at that duplex and the answers lie close!!!

not duplex...apartment building I suppose

If the friend was making the stomping/banging noises trying to fool around with her. He sees police lights or car and quickly turns off the lights, once they are gone he does whatever needs to be done. States that he left at 730..we don't have any witnesses to confirm that he left her apt at that time, just he was on video in store after then.
I already did speculate that as an attack and do firmly believe that the male guest should be given careful examination. Trying to keep the options open, my other theory was one that offered more of a motive shifting blame to the neighbors because they would have a motive to do something to end the problem of the nightly disturbances. How else would it get solved. Therefore, both parties (the male guest and the neighbors downstairs) should both be given careful consideration and examination in the act of this missing girl. Not blaming one or the other, but keeping all options open JMO

I do agree with an earlier post stating that it would've been difficult for the friend to get her out of the apartment and leave without anyone seeing. Especially after the neighbor had obviously been awake. It's hard to walk quietly down stairs (possibly squeaky) while carrying 115 lbs. That's pretty gutsy right in town. And there was apparently no real sign of a struggle inside the apartment.

This is too tough to call at this point. I'm back and forth every 10 minutes! Hopefully I can get some more info tomorrow but now with the family having a spokesperson and an attorney, info leaks will probably be minimal.

I want to know more about these face scratches...

Good night all. I'll try to fall asleep despite all of this on my mind!

Just got done reading the entire thread. Wow...such crazy information slowly coming out. Here is my two cents. I am a festival goer....i cannot see someone of that lifestyle (or drunk for that matter) antagonizing the cops by pretending to be asleep or stomping on the floor to pi$$ the neighbors off. People in that circle usually don't want trouble from anyone, especially the cops. I believe the stomping and noises were an attack (as stated above, the neighbor has motive). I am taking the sleeper and bf out of the equation b/c as far as we know they have alibis (right???). Did she smoke....could they smoke inside? Maybe she stepped out for a cigarette (or just fresh air, a phone call, etc). I def. think something happened at that duplex and the answers lie close!!!

not duplex...apartment building I suppose
That could be the case that they didn't want any trouble -- only thing is, there was already trouble and it wasn't the first time for disputes. Apparently, there were disputes with the neighbors and the 2nd floor apartment other times according to the other neighbors.

So, the neighbors are angry (just hypothetical) especially after everyone returns to each of their apartments....after the first LE call.
The kids antagonize the neighbors by stomping on the floor.
When the 2nd complaint is filed, the LE knocks at the door and no one answers the door, they pretend to be sleeping. LE leaves the scene.
K and her guest go to sleep after LE leaves.
The neighbors are really angry by now because K and her guest didn't answer the door and played it off like there was no disturbance.

While K and her guest are sound asleep, the angry neighbors slip in K's apartment because it probably isn't locked =it wasn't locked when the male guest left that morning. The neighbors remove a sleeping K and now she is missing. They were angry enough to do something like this because they knew that this problem of evening disturbances was never going to get resolved.
They figured that they would handle it themselves. That was the motive.
JMO

I like your theory.

But instead of "neighbor removes a sleeping Kortne", I see something like the friend was passed out cold and Kortne is somehow lured outside.

On the flip side, it could just as easily be the friend. Maybe he tried to crawl into bed with her and she objected. The whole thing for me though is the pizzed off neighbor. Wouldn't they have heard a car start and leave? He would have had to carry a body down those stairs. That's not gonna be a light footstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme