PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, to make things clear I think both the neighbors and the male guest should be questioned thoroughly. Either could be suspects of K missing.
How about we entertain the idea that the 2nd Call to LE was a call that was made by the downstairs neighbors and they make up a story that there is pounding on the upstairs floor? They make up the story of pounding on the upstairs floor so that it would seem that something horrible was going on upstairs. During that time, the guest would be passed out -sound asleep.

Perhaps this was the neighbors way of covering up something that they had done - done already. Making that phone call would make it seem like they were the ones indeed reporting "a disturbance" which would paint a picture for them as being the irritated neighbors and nothing more. They knew that K had a guest and he would be the one to blame if there was any foul play with K or she go missing.
Just trying to cover all options ....JMO or idea:fence:
Of course I do realize that we don't know who made the 2nd LE call. After the LE left the first time, the first dispute could have continued and with scratches on the neighbors face.....

I would be interested to know if LE had actually been called to the residence previous to that night, for any disturbances, dog or otherwise. Or was this the first time a situation escalated to the point of 911 being called.
Curious too if whomever the landlord of the property is, was aware of any ongoing issues. Often that is the place to start, when tenants have issues, imo. Seems to me , calling 911 is a more drastic method, or used when other methods to correct a situation don't pan out.
just thinking

According to the HLN tv interview, K knew the guys that stayed from two years prior. He showed up again about a month ago. K's boyfriend was away that weekend and her mother said she may have just wanted company and to feel safe (being the reason why he stayed the night). They also said she was very faithful to her boyfriend. What if, K was faithful and this guy wanted something more that night and K didn't and things took a turn for the worse. I saw somewhere on another post, someone said that it would be too much noise to remove her from the house if that at all is what happened. There seem to be many details slowly emerging and there is no doubt that more will be released.

Is there a photo of the apartment/house? I can't figure out how someone could take her out of there against her will without being seen or heard.

According to the HLN tv interview, K knew the guys that stayed from two years prior. He showed up again about a month ago. K's boyfriend was away that weekend and her mother said she may have just wanted company and to feel safe (being the reason why he stayed the night). They also said she was very faithful to her boyfriend. What if, K was faithful and this guy wanted something more that night and K didn't and things took a turn for the worse. I saw somewhere on another post, someone said that it would be too much noise to remove her from the house if that at all is what happened. There seem to be many details slowly emerging and there is no doubt that more will be released.

BBM - in so many cases a BF coming back from the past is a red flag...

I was leaning heavily towards the overnight friend BUT... what if he passed out shortly after they went into the apt and she stepped out to smoke or make a call/text if she didn't have service in her apt and encountered her angry neighbor once again. The second call could be a ploy by the neighbor to frame the friend .. hhuuummm BUT then again . UGH .. I just don't know!

I don't see how they could've went to bed (fell asleep) at 4:15-4:20 as LE is knocking at the door. Would anyone here be able to fall asleep if an officer is knocking on your apartment door? I'm sure he was announcing himself too.

The father is right, his story is difficult to believe. So they were downtown all night and he falls asleep while the officer is at the residence, knocking on doors. Then he wakes up 3 hours later and goes home? Neither of those things sound normal. One of those maybe I could believe. But when you start stacking up questionable actions, it doesn't look good for you.

Hope LE is pinging the male's phone to see if it went anyplace else between 4am-7:30AM. If he did anything to Kortne, he may not have thought about his phone, since he used it to text in the AM.

Also, wouldn't the boyfriend have seen her purse or cell phone and keys on the way out? First, why would he have texted her soon after he left, most likely knowing that her phone was at the apartment and she wasn't? He would've known she wouldn't text back at least right away. And second, why did he wait until he was INSIDE the convenience store to text her? If I was him (trying to be as realistic as possible), I would've probably texted her when I was still at the apartment once I knew she wasn't there. I'd say something like "where u at" or "where'd you go". And if I didn't do it inside, I would've texted her when I got to my car. It wouldn't have just hit me when I was in the convenience store that I'd ask her what happened.

The texting reminds me very much of Travis Forbes. He texted Kenia in the morning (after killing her) and said, "Hey this is Travis, the guy who gave you a ride last night. - white creepy van.:) did you get home okay?"

JMO but "falling asleep" and passing out after a night of drinking could be two seperate issues. We don't know how drunk either of them were or if they were at all, but knowing first hand the goings on at the Hbg Hardware Bar .. it is safe to assume there was a good bit of drinking going on. If he was drinking heavily, there is good reason to believe he may have passed out. Maybe the noise going up the steps was Kortne helping to get him up the steps .. the reports were that she was arguing with the neighbors, not him. NOW HAVING SAID THAT .. yes, the friends story is hard to believe for a lot of reasons.

Police were last 'credible' source to see Kortne Stouffer

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in..._last_credible_sour.html#incart_river_default

Headlines = why family retained a lawyer early on IMO .. Besides the fact attorney has been reported to be a close family friend and has recent connections due to the Sandusky case to MSM .. which was obvious by Kortnes case being on JVM last night.

snipped from above article .. what sticks out to me is WHY wouldn't the neighbor answer the door for the police if they were mad enough to call police to begin with?

-snipped- Police responded to a second noise complaint at the apartment building at 4:12 a.m., Scott said. When officers arrived, it was quiet. They knocked on Stouffer’s and her neighbor’s doors, but neither party answered, Scott said. -snipped-

Scott said, Scott said, Scott said.....WHAT does LE say??? Who is running the investigation anyway?
confuzzled

I wonder if friend & Kortne maybe were leaving the apt at the time the 2nd call...for whatever reason...and that is why LE got no response when they arrived then. Because they had left?
But we don't know who made the 2nd call or why.

If more noise was heard prior to that 2nd call, could it have been them leaving?
We don't know if the friend had a car. on premise. Or if Kortne's car was the only one available.
If LE pulled up in front, would they have noticed if Kortne's car was there at either time? Because she parks in the back?
Could Kortne have left with friend, willingly or not? If so, was a vehicle used?

Could Kortne have stepped back outside after the 1st call, encountered someone still upset, and somehow been detained by them..........and no one answered to the 2nd LE attempt, because whomever was lying low waiting for the coast to clear for further nefarious activity?

throwing stuff at wall to see what might stick

Them both leaving is a possibility I had not thought of. The problem with that is that the "friend" knew about LE's second visit and I think said they went to sleep after the second visit, so he had to have been there at the time. That would nix the possibility of them having left together being the reason no one answered the door.

The problem with the second scenario based on the facts as we know it, LE showed up the second time, "friend" was aware of it so he had to be awake so he also would have known Kortne was not inside with him, why wouldn't he have answered the door and said "Kortne is outside, didn't you see her?"

Both are possibilities but based on the facts I don't know if they're probable. I'm going to go back through the posts and articles. I'm wondering where we got the "friend's" statement about being aware of the 2nd LE visit. I'm beginning to doubt myself and wondering if I have it wrong.

Like you said, just kind of thinking out loud so with my own thoughts and opinions. Feel free to correct/critique/tell me I'm way off.

This is total speculation on my part, but what if Kortne texted boyfriend that night and he came over and found other male in house, maybe lured Kortne out to' talk' ???

Does that work inside of 23 minutes or so? Someone please tell me if I'm way too hung up on the tight time frame. Short of the neighbor or "friend's" involvement, things just aren't adding up to me because of the 2 LE visits in such a short time frame.

Is there a photo of the apartment/house? I can't figure out how someone could take her out of there against her will without being seen or heard.

If she was taken from the house against her will, I suspect she would have had to been knocked out inside and carried outside.

Her parents are confident that Kortne's BF was not involved and they know where he was. Seems if he was close enough to come over in that short time span, he would have been staying at home with her.

If she was taken from the house against her will, I suspect she would have had to been knocked out inside and carried outside.

Right, but with the neighbors awake and raring to go, it seems like a pretty big risk. No matter who did it, they would know that others in the house were most likely awake and listening to what is going on.

Right, but with the neighbors awake and raring to go, it seems like a pretty big risk. No matter who did it, they would know that others in the house were most likely awake and listening to what is going on.

Exactly .. WHY didn't they (the neighbors) answer the door when the police arrived after they made a 911 call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro