PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize I've said this before, but I just can't get Kortne off my mind. Maybe its because I'm an original hippie chick, and these youngsters who carry the torch now, touch my soul. The Peach Festival begins today and I can't help but wonder if Kortne would have been there if she were able... dancing, hooping, peaceful and loving.

How could anyone hurt this lovely young woman? Its only an opinion, and subject to change, but I'm thinking the "friend" from the past who no longer fits in the now. Shes moved on and trying to be nice, but its just not there for her... shes in love with someone else. Shes small, only 110 lbs, the noise that was heard is her struggle with him and he strangles her. Very little evidence left behind. No sign of a struggle.. well, surely he would have straightened it up by the time LE arrived. As far as removing the body.. well there are many ways he could have done this without the neighbor seeing or hearing. True that they seemed to keep a close watch.. but after being disturbed at 3-4am.. they were probably sound asleep by then and grateful for the silence. I think he used the time from the last LE visit until his staged text message to dispose of her body. I wonder if he had luggage with him, since he was just visiting.. I would imagine so. I pray she is alive and returns to her loved ones, but sadly, have very little hope of that happening.

I imagine her dancing and singing with Bob and Jerry.. with flowers in her hair. One love...

Her family says she had an argument with a downstairs neighbor and police showed up to calm things down. That was after 3 a.m.

Then a second disturbance call. When officers arrived then, it was quiet. Police allegedly knocked on doors, no one opened them, so they left.

Kortne's mother now wonders, could the second disturbance call to 911 been Kortne screaming or calling for help?

Kortne's mother and father also now say that their daughter has a boyfriend. He wasn't there though and he has an alibi. There was another man at her place who had stayed the night.

"My son started going back through the phone calls from the previous night and texts, we started tracking down a group of people she was with and as a result I ended up finding out that she didn't stay alone that night," explained her father, Scott Stouffer.

When he left around 730 a.m. Kortne wasn't there. Kortne's parents say police have video of him texting their daughter from a store near her apartment, saying he'd left and didn't see her and asking her what happened.

"With the help of Palmyra police, I tracked down the trail where he went and he's been cooperative, but it just doesn't make sense,” Scott Stouffer stated. “They were able to verify where he was at the store so the times all fit."

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...se-of-the-missing/F96YquFnG0u19y8X6aSaHQ.cspx

I have a few questions.

How did Kortne get to the club? Did this "friend" pick her up? Was he the driver?

If he was the designated driver, why did he have to stay over? Why didn't he just drive her home and leave?

What was the first disturbance call about? Who else was at the apartment? We think the friend was alone with Kortne but could they have continued their partying at the apartment with other "friends"?

Who called LE the second time? Was it the same neighbour?

I have been speculating as to why no answer to the 4:12am police knock on Kortne's door.
Perhaps there was a wee bit of cannabis smoke in the air by then. It would makesense to play possum at that point.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this but looking at mom's FB page something really stood out and perhaps it's nothing but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

2 days before Kortne's disappearance, her mom posts an apology to "lost friends". At first I didn't make anything of it until I noticed the date. Is it just pure coincidence?

Of course, we have no way of knowing why it was posted but it did make me wonder if perhaps there may have been some bad blood with some friends of the family in the past.

Who called LE the second time? Was it the same neighbour?
I want to know this too and if it was the same neighbor, why in the world wouldn't they answer the door when LE came the second time? It doesn't make sense. maybe there was an altercation and neighbor had scratch at that time?

We don't sleuth anyone on the thread if they are not a POI or Suspect in a case.

:tyou:

I read this morning that the cops were at her house around 3:15 AM the morning she went missing for an argument with her neighbor. I also read that a "male friend" was with her that night. The police have questioned the "male friend" and neighbor and the police do not have a person of interest in the case. I don't know why the police are not looking closer at this male friend. They may want to search his residence as some point and time for clues.

I want to know this too and if it was the same neighbor, why in the world wouldn't they answer the door when LE came the second time? It doesn't make sense. maybe there was an altercation and neighbor had scratch at that time?

Who is the source of the alleged scratch (es) on the neighbour?

I read this morning that the cops were at her house around 3:15 AM the morning she went missing for an argument with her neighbor. I also read that a "male friend" was with her that night. The police have questioned the "male friend" and neighbor and the police do not have a person of interest in the case. I don't know why the police are not looking closer at this male friend. They may want to search his residence as some point and time for clues.

LE was there twice. A timeline was posted on this thread.

Could be the male friend checked out and there was nothing suspicious except for that alleged text message he sent Kortne from the store? Perhaps they tracked him and there was nothing else they could find. Hope they checked Kortne's car. I hate to say this but the trunk of her car and his car.

Ok can anyone clarify:

Do we know if the neighbor called the police because of the noises heard (which possibly were due to the "attack" in which case the neighbor wouldn't be involved or did tr neighbor call to complain about the noise in general being so late at night/early morning that potentially hings escalated with the neighbor and K??

Who is the source of the alleged scratch (es) on the neighbour?

I have a source that told me that. In my post I said that it may or may not be true. But the same source told me about the police early this week and about the male friend...both of which came out a few days after I posted about it.

So far...credible source.

Just got done reading the entire thread. Wow...such crazy information slowly coming out. Here is my two cents. I am a festival goer....i cannot see someone of that lifestyle (or drunk for that matter) antagonizing the cops by pretending to be asleep or stomping on the floor to pi$$ the neighbors off. People in that circle usually don't want trouble from anyone, especially the cops. I believe the stomping and noises were an attack (as stated above, the neighbor has motive). I am taking the sleeper and bf out of the equation b/c as far as we know they have alibis (right???). Did she smoke....could they smoke inside? Maybe she stepped out for a cigarette (or just fresh air, a phone call, etc). I def. think something happened at that duplex and the answers lie close!!!

not duplex...apartment building I suppose

I was sleepily bobble heading last night and missed some good and thoughtful posts before and after mine. I was trying to think of reasons she might go back out if not to take the dog to the bathroom and was too sleepy to even think of smoking. With this younger generation, seems everything relates back to the phone so could she have left her phone charger in the car?

The neighbor or the "friend". Can anyone paint any other likely scenarios? Based on the little information that we know, I can't. Obviously that could all change with new information that we just don't know yet, but given the tight time frame (just over 20 minutes), in my opinion, I just don't see it being a stranger or someone else known coming by the house. I'm assuming no one has any information if LE has started checking neighbor's or "friend's" cell phones for where they pinged that morning. It would be interesting to see where both were in those early hours.

Another thought on the DA's early involvement on the case. They may be involved because of potential legal issues on the civil side. LE had been present, didn't do anything other than tell everyone to play nice and left and now one of the participants is missing. If the worst is what happened here, they could be concerned about a civil suit. I'm not saying the family would pursue one and if one were pursued I'm not saying it would be successful, but it may be out of concern for that possibility. LE's version of turning an accident in to your insurance company even if the accident wasn't your fault.

According to the father, Kortne and her guest arrived home at approximately 3:00 a.m. (per the JVM transcript). Changes made to reflect that.

Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
June 29, 2012:

2:00 a.m. - bar closes

3:00 a.m. - ? Kortne and guest arrive home. (There was an argument between my daughter and the neighbors when they came home that morning, approximately 3 -- it was about 3:20 a.m. when they got home. And she had gotten into an argument with the neighbors. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/09/ijvm.01.html)

3:12 a.m. - Neighbor calls 911 reportedly about the dog - noise disturbance/argument

3:15 a.m. - Patrolman Timothy Lengle arrived

3:49 a.m. - Patrolman Timothy Lengle leaves

3:45 a.m. (According to the borough police report which lists Lt. James Hunt as the investigating officer, Stouffer, a part-time hair dresser, has not been seen since about 3:45 a.m. --- see link below)

4:12 a.m. - LE arrives back at the residence for a 'disturbance.'

4:15 - 4:20 a.m. - they go to bed. (Somewhere around 4:15, 4:20 they went to bed. And then he woke up about 7:30 and left, and my daughter wasn`t there.)

4:36 a.m. - LE leaves the residence.

7:30 a.m. - Guest leaves and does not see Kortne (He claims that she wasn`t there when he woke up that morning? W. STOUFFER: Correct. )

? time - Guest texts Kortne.

I wonder if friend & Kortne maybe were leaving the apt at the time the 2nd call...for whatever reason...and that is why LE got no response when they arrived then. Because they had left?
But we don't know who made the 2nd call or why.

If more noise was heard prior to that 2nd call, could it have been them leaving?
We don't know if the friend had a car. on premise. Or if Kortne's car was the only one available.
If LE pulled up in front, would they have noticed if Kortne's car was there at either time? Because she parks in the back?
Could Kortne have left with friend, willingly or not? If so, was a vehicle used?

Could Kortne have stepped back outside after the 1st call, encountered someone still upset, and somehow been detained by them..........and no one answered to the 2nd LE attempt, because whomever was lying low waiting for the coast to clear for further nefarious activity?

throwing stuff at wall to see what might stick

This is total speculation on my part, but what if Kortne texted boyfriend that night and he came over and found other male in house, maybe lured Kortne out to' talk' ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro