PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From where the story about the ripped out floorboards originate?

It's rumor and/or speculation from the comment section of an article not linked or from a site that cannot be linked (according to another poster).

Hi, Sherlockh. We're all left to speculations, but to me, your's seems reasonable: It might be possible that after the first commotion, Kortne went outside to smoke a cigarette or joint, perhaps just to cool out after a night of partying.

I don't see her going outside without her phone. I can see her and sleep-over guy not answering door because I'm sure they knew it was the police, again.

Could she have possibly opened the door after the second LE visit to someone she knew?

I was married to a man who slept so soundly that someone could have murdered me while I was sleeping next to him and he'd never have known. Even if I screamed.

I'm not going to sleuth anyone who hasn't been named a POI. (anymore) I got a little carried away. I wouldn't want to be responsible for shutting down the thread.

It's difficult when there's so little info available.

Those dark, dark back stairs are troubling. And the dogs. The dogs were inside.

I don't know what's happened to Kortne.

Thanks. This changes it for me. I thought the 'friend' was denying any banging noises. This means the 'friend' could be telling the truth, and the neighbor does not coverup anything with his 911 call. There simply were banging noises and whatever happened to Kortne came later.

There now is plenty of time (several hours) where something could have happened. If she was that upset with the neighbor then it is possible she went outside to meet him (after friend fell asleep). Possibly during the 2nd police visit she had already left. Just thinking out loud :)

On the Google map “street view” of 808 & 810 West Main (from Oct. 2008) there are air conditioning units in at least 3 front windows. Per Wunderground it was about 70 F in that early morning of July 29th with fairly high humidity, so maybe any noise (stomping, bumping, barking etc.) was obliterated by noisy AC units?

Unfortunately, I think the 'kidnapping' is wishful thinking on the parents part. What would be the motive?

Seems like Kortne was with a 'bad crowd' from the track the night she went missing and what happened to her probably lies with them.
And the dogs. The dogs were inside.
We have no idea if the dogs were inside. First of all, the Boyfriend's dog could have been at his parent's house for some time and not at the apt, secondly, Kortne could have left house with her dog when second 911 call arrived IF they actually knocked on door.

I still can't understand why the Police have not had a press conference. Not encouraging to the neighbors and all us locals.

I don't see her going outside without her phone. I can see her and sleep-over guy not answering door because I'm sure they knew it was the police, again.

Could she have possibly opened the door after the second LE visit to someone she knew?

Oh, I don't know. I might step out on the deck without my phone. I might even take out the trash without my phone.

Especially if I was out late, came home & plugged it in to charge.

Could go either way. I don't think it's impossible for someone to have been under the stairs.

Now that I think of it - we walked and drove around and around that block in the afternoon and at night*. I heard no dogs barking. Someone familiar with the neighborhood would know it was dark and there weren't a lot of nervous dogs nearby.

*what was I thinking?!

I was married to a man who slept so soundly that someone could have murdered me while I was sleeping next to him and he'd never have known. Even if I screamed.

I'm not going to sleuth anyone who hasn't been named a POI. (anymore) I got a little carried away. I wouldn't want to be responsible for shutting down the thread.

BBM

Jury,

Don't beat yourself up...we all do it...new case....wanting to bring Kortne back safely....it's hard when LE gives us nothing to go on....we sleuth....that's why we are here...it gets frustrating:banghead::banghead:

LE either has things they want to keep quiet or they know not much more than we do....and we all want to believe the latter...and sometimes we hope LE gives people enough rope that they start talking...

the dogs....i can't believe they never made another sound from 730 am on sunday til monday morning when Kortne's mom can over....

so I'm thinking Kortne let someone else in or answered the door and then stepped outside to talk to someone or something happened to her between LE visits...

BBM, we can sleuth other people as long as we don't post about it, right?

Yes, I can see somebody coming to the door also. Especially the neighbor after Kortne making those banging noises to him. Maybe he first called 911 and then went up to confront her. Isn't that what he did the first time? It seems to be just the one neighbor making both 911 calls and fighting with Kortne. Problem is that nobody heard anything.

BBM. From link above:
Police have interviewed the unidentified man, as well as the neighbor who called in the noise complaints. However, they have not named a person of interest in the case.

Not sleuthing anyone....can anyone answer these questions?

How many apartments in the house?

The apartment dweller that called in the complaints,,,,married, single, young, old, male, female???

Thanks!!

On the Google map “street view” of 808 & 810 West Main (from Oct. 2008) there are air conditioning units in at least 3 front windows. Per Wunderground it was about 70 F in that early morning of July 29th with fairly high humidity, so maybe any noise (stomping, bumping, barking etc.) was obliterated by noisy AC units?

Is that the 2008 view? I can't remember if I saw the side entrance and now I'm on my blasted phone

Unfortunately, I think the 'kidnapping' is wishful thinking on the parents part. What would be the motive?

Seems like Kortne was with a 'bad crowd' from the track the night she went missing and what happened to her probably lies with them.
We have no idea if the dogs were inside. First of all, the Boyfriend's dog could have been at his parent's house for some time and not at the apt, secondly, Kortne could have left house with her dog when second 911 call arrived IF they actually knocked on door.

I still can't understand why the Police have not had a press conference. Not encouraging to the neighbors and all us locals.

WS said KS's dog was inside when she went to check on Monday morning, so that dog was inside at that point. I have no idea when the BF's father picked up his dog.

OK, I hope I'm attaching a shot from yesterday. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344910375.206209.jpg

There are no window units in the front of 810 now.

Not sleuthing anyone....can anyone answer these questions?

How many apartments in the house?

The apartment dweller that called in the complaints,,,,married, single, young, old, male, female???

Thanks!!

I think someone here knows the specifics. IIRC, there's a third floor unit, KS's second floor unit, which seems like it was the whole second floor of that half of the duplex, and a first floor unit.

BBM, we can sleuth other people as long as we don't post about it, right?

I'm sure. Except each other.

I was sort of reminding myself to dial it back.

We (I, me) just have to be careful what we post because this is a public forum and no POI has been identified.

Sometimes family members - even perps - stop by here.

If anyone is identified as a POI, there's a little more wiggle room. Anything we mention has to have mainstream media back up. A news article, a show transcript.

WS is pretty good at weeding out blog sites that post unsubstantiated rumors. When anyone posts a link to a site like that, the address gets ****'d out. Rumors we hear might absolutely be true and we personally know pretty darn well it's a fact. But we have to wait for LE or the media to substantiate it.

In the end, if you're right, you can post 100 "I knew it!"s

Moderators will snip bits of posts sometimes if there's something questionable in it. It'll say 'mod snip'. If a post gets deleted, mods will email the poster and explain why.

I imagine there are all sorts of legal ramifications I don't want to know about. Fiddle dee dee.

Sorry if I'm repeating old news.

I don't see join date or # of posts in the tapatalk app.

It's interesting when something happens close by and you work with or live next door to folks who know folks, or your kid knows a sibling kid......this is the first time I've been this close, geographically.

I don't much like it. =\

Yes, I can see somebody coming to the door also. Especially the neighbor after Kortne making those banging noises to him. Maybe he first called 911 and then went up to confront her. Isn't that what he did the first time? It seems to be just the one neighbor making both 911 calls and fighting with Kortne. Problem is that nobody heard anything.

BBM. From link above:

You know, way back in the beginning of the thread, I thought for sure it was two different neighbors - one in the argument and a second one with the noise complaint.

You're right-if it's just the one neighbor (I don't know which neighbor or how many live in the complaining unit) it wouldn't be odd for the complainant to confront KS as s/he had an hour before. Possibly more irritated an hour later.

Good point.

Have they searched the ENTIRE building, I wonder.

Have they searched the ENTIRE building, I wonder.

I have a new theory along those lines. I'm starting to think she never left the building. I wish we knew if the neighbor is fully cooperating with police. Maybe the police are watching and waiting.

But why aren't the police doing press conferences or making statements? Locals, are you guys surprised by this? It seems like the family has to do that or there would be nothing!

I have a new theory along those lines. I'm starting to think she never left the building. I wish we knew if the neighbor is fully cooperating with police. Maybe the police are watching and waiting.

I wondered how cooperative this neighbor has been as well... It also would make a difference to me if this neighbor is an older couple, a single male, female etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06