PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two ways to gain access to her apartment. One via the first floor and the other, via steps to the second floor:

Snipped

When she returned home in the afternoon, the neighbor said, she noticed the police tape in front of Stouffer's first-floor door and steps leading to a second-floor entrance.

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21212616

my gosh can MSM or LE get the story straight??? Epiphany-one article says the dog was inside!! Other says not! good freaking grief
car keys in the car, and the apt door locked?

this is crazy

I'm glad that the info I had about police being called was correct. Now I wonder if the person being passed out in her apt is true.

While I'm at it, the same source said the neighbor had scratches on his face. Seems unlikely because they would have probably obtained a warrant for the neighbor's place as well. But remember...the neighbor did say they weren't fond of her keeping late hours. And look what happened...she was up late again

cw028- are you a local?? maybe you could get verified??

Where is that link about getting verified as a local??? uhh me see if i can find

has anyone ever heard tell of anything like this going on in a case before?? It is weird!

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements/ci_21267959/search-missing-palmyra-woman-turns-up-no-new

Sniipped-
Police gathered the group, including family and friends, at the Citizens Fire Co. on North College Street at noon. After the volunteers were logged in, they were taken to a room inside the fire station, and the doors of the station were closed to anyone who was not on the list of volunteers that police had. The closed meeting was to instruct the volunteers about the places they would be searching and the process, according to one police officer.

The media were not allowed to sit in on the meeting. No explanation for the secrecy was offered.
---

Wow- has anyone ever heard tell of anything like this going on in a case before?? It is weird!

So did the police not see her again at 4:12 to 4:36 ?? What happened from 3:49 to 4:12??

I just heard about Kortne tonight but read through the entire thread. It's curious that she went missing between the two visits from police and in such a short period of time. I hope that between the family knowing who she was last seen with and the police visits that night, they know what happened and it will be a matter of time until they announce it.

They're pretty much saying that her bf's dog is hers. They live together, so they're probably just lumping them together

Yes I'n local and know the father and have seen the daughters before. I'm not close enough for real inside info directly but a mutual friend of ours supplied me with that info. I've never heard of a case like this. Also, I just read that a family member is saying that at 3:30 the 991 call was made for a noise complaint. Are my pieces starting to fit together??

FYI there are no open sinkholes currently in Palmyra. I think that's pretty much an impossibility that she could be there.

An argument that morning?? do they mean 3:45? Or earlier? Who heard it??

cw028- you indicated you had heard something about the police being called around 3 a.m.? could that have been in reference to an argument?

oh this is getting stranger by the minute

I dislike cases like this, if they go so far as to say there was an argument ... with WHO?

Res quarries and water are never a good thing in cases like this. Reminds me of the Lauren Spierer case in some ways.

An argument that morning?? do they mean 3:45? Or earlier? Who heard it??

cw028- you indicated you had heard something about the police being called around 3 a.m.? could that have been in reference to an argument?

oh this is getting stranger by the minute

The neighbor said Stouffer lived at the apartment with a boyfriend and kept late hours, a situation that created friction with their downstairs neighbor.

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21212616

The EMA records, however, match information provided by members of Stouffer's family, who said police were called to her apartment about 3:30 a.m. July 29 for a noise complaint from a neighbor involving
the missing woman's dog - also missing. Stouffer lives on the second floor of a duplex apartment.

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements/ci_21266936/palmyra-police-among-last-see-stouffer

The occupant who lives directly below Kortne and her BF must have called in the noise complaint to LE.

So, is that the occupant of the second floor of the home, which would be the bottom floor of the duplex directly below where K and her BF live?

cw028- here is the getting verified info- if you want to- if you do , it can give your info a little more weight from the viewpoint of being an insider, local- I hear it is good to do ............MODS- if i didn't say or do this right, just smack me

If a member wants to post as a professional ( a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.
wsverify@xmission.com
Please include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case they are asking to be verified on.
All info will be kept strictly confidential
Thank you!

Yes it kinds of looks that way, the front facing Main ( which is hiway 422 btw) has 2 doors fro the main floor units- this is a semi detached home so the other side is a different residence. So guess a side, or back entrance maybe where the parking is?

more I am thinking about it, like mentioned somewhat up thread by someone?... dare I say this, In my Opinion only-I am worrying about someone with a badge abusing their authority??

I mean why doesn't dad want to say who saw her last, if he knows? Wouldn't it help to know , in case a vehicle was involved? Why doesn't LE say that person is cleared...or being investigated??

BINGO ... DA involvement and another LE agency involved in the investigation.

Also no one is mentioning that call to LE that night.

there are 2 dogs, black labs- I read it some where! now where?

Is the neighbor who last saw her at 3:45 AM, the same neighbor who called in the noise complaint?

And would that neighbor be the occupier of the apartment below Kortne's?

Not sure if we're dealing w/two individuals or one and the same.

From your link, thank you swanniee. Interesting that one of the dogs is missing too. I wonder if it it was her dog or the boyfriends? Did the dogs have leashes? Was one missing from the home? Wondering if she walked one of the dogs and something happened to her while she was out? Hope LE is checking with local animal shelters and the pound to see if her lab is found. Hopefully it was micro chipped.

Guess there's my answer to which dog is missing.
Who did she go dancing with, did someone drop her off?

ETA-Video says; Neighbors saw Kortne come home @ 3:45 AM Sunday morning.

Sorry to quote myself, but I wondered about the dog early on.

So now after reading the latest new, I think PPD may be afraid of some sort of legal liability connected to those two calls to Kortne's apt.

The LEO was at the residence until 3:49, so I would assume that was the last confirmed sighting they're talking about. Since they were withholding the 911 report, they figured 3:45 would be a nice round number. 3:49 sounded too specific. There wasn't an investigation right away, so why was LE keeping the police report private from the get go?

Or was an LEO the last to see her[/QUO

Seems we have a couple choices Clu.

LEO , neighbor, or the overnight guest. All rumors none of the aforementioned is confirmed.

Cw028. Is the person rumored to have spent the night, a male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave