PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury...Thanks so much. I feel so bad for that family on so many different fronts.

Kortne is still on my mind almost daily. Saturday sort of freaked me out when news broke that a hunter found a dead man's body in a tent off the Appalachian trail near Swatara State Park (rt443 and rt72)...I know it's unrelated, but creeps me out because I think of her every time I'm near that area or near the race track.
I'm glad that some of the local media has been bringing her story back to light recently. I liked the slight optimism about PSP involvement in the article Palmyra Dad posted from the LDN. God, please let there be insight and some resolution. This is heart breaking.

I stopped viewing this for a few weeks out of frustration that I was afraid to express. First of all, I fb message KS family about the fact that I believe I saw her the previous weekend. No response. I am very confused by the lack of LE response and news articles on KS dissapearance. MR has made remarks that I believe are in related to KS on his public fb. Not nice comments. paint it however you want...the gys she hung with that night are not sad by her dissapearnce. And i wont hold back anymore...if that was my child, I would be speaking out LOUD AND CLEAR!!! Something is wrong here. Almost everyone around KS has a past worth checking into. No other way to say it except, I WOULD BE SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS IF MY CHILD WERE MISSING. LE too quiet, Parents too quiet, Media too quiet and even friends too quiet.

Just wondering- where did you think you saw her? Maybe you should report it to LE instead of her family if you think it's possible it was really her.

Encouraging that PSP is getting more involved. Regarding the DA's frustration about rumors surfacing, it would help if they had had SOME communication with the public. I'm not suggesting divulging everything they know, but communicating period. Rumors will fill the void left by the lack of communication more so than if they were keeping the public informed to some extent.

Reedus- I totally agree with you. If there was at least a press conference, it would put many rumors to rest.

I live in Lebanon and is no real information out here. I do see the flyers up throughout the county but that is it.

I feel for the family and can't imagine the pain they are in. Not knowing anything has to be the worst version of hell to be in!

None of CP's page is blocked. It's totally publicly viewable.
Most parts of MR's page are blocked, though. He hasn't said anything related to the case in quite some time.
The only thing ever written on facebook by these two about the case were angry declarations of their supposed innocence.

Im certainly not friends with either, and when this first happened i was able to view all their fb. Now, and i checked again, i cant access much of it, so cant see the threads about them complaining of the accusations.

Tonight was the first time at the truckstop that I noticed a difference in 3 of the missing posters for Kortne......... Anybody else local noticed that some of the missing posters have captions after her description that say: green eyes (may be changed by contacts) and blond with dreadlocks (may be cut short and dyed dark)........I found it odd because it was different (and implied that she has been possibly seen with an altered appearance?!?) than the straight forward descriptions of her that were first released. My boyfriend didn't think it meant anything significant but I am still hung up on how odd that particular poster seemed.

Tonight was the first time at the truckstop that I noticed a difference in 3 of the missing posters for Kortne......... Anybody else local noticed that some of the missing posters have captions after her description that say: green eyes (may be changed by contacts) and blond with dreadlocks (may be cut short and dyed dark)........I found it odd because it was different (and implied that she has been possibly seen with an altered appearance?!?) than the straight forward descriptions of her that were first released. My boyfriend didn't think it meant anything significant but I am still hung up on how odd that particular poster seemed.

Maybe the short dark hair is a look she once had, or mentioned wanting to try?Otherwise, I don't find it unusual to remind people she might look different, if she left on her own or was being held hostage (although I doubt she would be seen out and about, if so.)

I have been trying to get my websleuths account reinstated since 9/23/12 due to Kortne's disappearance. I lost my user name and password back in 2009 and finally got it all resolved this morning. Since Kortne went missing I have been lurking here since I could not participate due to log on issues, so most likely I am the guest you are referencing, unless there is more than one. Sorry for creating any confusion. I am elated to be back and really look forward to participating again! This reply was intended for Sadnpod on page 33.

IndyEyes- I'm in Lebanon County and saw a flyer just yesterday in the local grocery store. The only thing that was changed was the the amount of the reward was crossed out in pen and rewritten with a new amount. I will be out and about all over Lebanon County tomorrow and I will make sure I pay attention. Where did you see the "new" flyer?

I would think the changes you saw would indicate that someone thinks she walked off. I have a VERY hard time believing that is the case. I personally do not think she made it out of her apartment alive.

I just saw a post on the mothers FB wall that states that someone is taking down flyers that were posted on poles and removing yard signs on certain streets in Palmyra. I find this very odd, it concerns me. I'm not sure what would motivate someone to do this, unless it's someone who doesn't want KS located.

I just saw a post on the mothers FB wall that states that someone is taking down flyers that were posted on poles and removing yard signs on certain streets in Palmyra. I find this very odd, it concerns me. I'm not sure what would motivate someone to do this, unless it's someone who doesn't want KS located.

I find it very disturbing as well but have found it not to be unique to this case. Would certainly like to know who it was and see how they like it if they come under scrutiny because of their actions.

Gee, who wouldn't want her found? Yes, I am being sarcastic because I do think there are people who do not want her to be found because it could incriminate them!

I find it very disturbing as well but have found it not to be unique to this case. Would certainly like to know who it was and see how they like it if they come under scrutiny because of their actions.

Your right about it not being unique to this case, even so, it is an incredibly heartless thing to do, regardless of the reason. I hope the police are aware of it. It's not out of the realm of possibility that something like this may lead to answers.

Why not set up a trap with hidden cameras? It's worked in other cases.

I haven't noticed anything like that at the ones around HMC?

Reedus- I totally agree with you. If there was at least a press conference, it would put many rumors to rest.

I live in Lebanon and is no real information out here. I do see the flyers up throughout the county but that is it.

I feel for the family and can't imagine the pain they are in. Not knowing anything has to be the worst version of hell to be in!

Yes, I would love to have some kind of update on the local news or something. TBH having heard nothing for so long led me to assume that she had come home, or there was some type of contact made with her to verify that she had left voluntarily.

P.S. Hi! to all my central PA neighbors! :seeya:

I looked at the flyers in Redners tonight- there was one on the bulletin board near the cash regisiters and it had the Palmyra Police Departments name and address at the top with Kortne's most current description and it was a full color flyer. There was also a black and white flyer on the exit door that was very brief, listing the reward amount.

Local people hee in Lebanon County do care. I have even hesitated to post here out of respect for the family, but wish there is something I could do to help. I can not imagine the hell they must be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro