PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IndyEyes- I'm in Lebanon County and saw a flyer just yesterday in the local grocery store. The only thing that was changed was the the amount of the reward was crossed out in pen and rewritten with a new amount. I will be out and about all over Lebanon County tomorrow and I will make sure I pay attention. Where did you see the "new" flyer?

I would think the changes you saw would indicate that someone thinks she walked off. I have a VERY hard time believing that is the case. I personally do not think she made it out of her apartment alive.

On Rt. 39 at the Rt 81 truck stops there is a gas station called Funck's Manada Hill...there are 3 Kortne posters on the door and window at the entrance. They all had different reward amounts on them and IIRC the particular poster I saw had $24 or $27k listed. It had 3 pics of her along the top and it said ABDUCTED 7/29/12, then it listed the description of her with captions after her eye and hair color like i mentioned. I tried to find an example of it online but no luck on that yet. Maybe I'll just have to take a picture of it next time I stop for gas.

What I found most odd was the specific part about her hair where it said: Blond with dreadlocks (may be cut short and dyed dark)

Maybe Kortne talked about cutting and dying her hair...maybe she changed it often and that was going to be her next look? And her family may have added that description in a hopeful way, in case she is out there someplace?

Your right about it not being unique to this case, even so, it is an incredibly heartless thing to do, regardless of the reason. I hope the police are aware of it. It's not out of the realm of possibility that something like this may lead to answers.

I agree. It could lead to answers about Kortne and even if it's just some cold-hearted person, I think it will be Karma when they get hooked up a lie detector and have to sweat it out just because they wanted to be a jack *advertiser censored**. Obviously, if it actually led to the perp, even better. But even if not the perp, there should be some sort of charges that can be made if they are hung up legally.

Tonight was the first time at the truckstop that I noticed a difference in 3 of the missing posters for Kortne......... Anybody else local noticed that some of the missing posters have captions after her description that say: green eyes (may be changed by contacts) and blond with dreadlocks (may be cut short and dyed dark)........I found it odd because it was different (and implied that she has been possibly seen with an altered appearance?!?) than the straight forward descriptions of her that were first released. My boyfriend didn't think it meant anything significant but I am still hung up on how odd that particular poster seemed.
When Mickey Shunick was missing, her family released photos showing how Mickey would look with different hair colors and styles, the presumption being that an abductor might have forced her to alter her looks. I don't think they ever believed Mickey left voluntarily, but when a loved one is missing, it's best to cover all of the possibilities. Remember, when Elizabeth Smart was found with her kidnapper, she was wearing a wig and sunglasses.

http://mickeyshunick.com/gallery/index.php?album=altered-photos-of-mickey

http://www.katc.com/news/mickey-shu...ctures-of-mickey-with-different-colored-hair/

I haven't seen another one like it since then either :confused:

I will be by the 22 NE drive facility today...out by the outlets. I will look around there, too. I do know that there was a poster in the airlock at the Fishbourne Rd family medicine place, maybe a month ago(?).

I still say that if they put posters up around the intersection by Sheetz, panera, etc., people would have plenty of time to read them. I usually sit through at least 2 light cycles there - more if it is "rush hour."

I will be by the 22 NE drive facility today...out by the outlets. I will look around there, too. I do know that there was a poster in the airlock at the Fishbourne Rd family medicine place, maybe a month ago(?).

I still say that if they put posters up around the intersection by Sheetz, panera, etc., people would have plenty of time to read them. I usually sit through at least 2 light cycles there - more if it is "rush hour."

The one at F B is still there

Sorry to quote myself.

There are no fliers at that particular HMC location. I am not sure about the outlets, because my appointment took longer than I expected and I didn't get a chance to look around long. :( I will be at Fishbourne tomorrow for some bloodwork though and will check there.

From the start, maybe with a fresh set of eyes? With the way a local LE was one of the last to be at Kortne's, the fresh set of eyes, detached from local LE, might have been the best thing from the beginning.

After 3 months it's hard to believe there is a chance that she could still be alive. It most cases it seems they aren't far, it just might take some time. For example Molly Bish was missing for 3 years when her remains were found 5 miles away from her home. It's just looking in the right spot, which leads me to believe more searches need to be conducted.

This matter became a cold case the first day Kortne disappeared. Why, oh why, does it appear nothing has been done by LE and the community? The Police showed up twice at Kortne's apartment minutes before she vanished, she had a guest there, yet no one knows what happened? Unbelievable.

I'm not sure you can blame the community for this. As a member of the community, I do take offense to that statement.

The community has stepped up to attend fundraisers and prayer vigils, purchase signs, t-shirts, bumper stickers, pizzas, etc. Many of us would be the first people to volunteer for searches, if requested! We are a community of people who will rise up to our own challeges, and those around us, if we are asked to help or asisst in anyway, but most of us are not going to pry into someone else's tragedy just to spectate or speculate!

The facts are that there has never even been a public press conference concerning Kortne's disappearance. We are at a loss to understand what is happening because we have been told absolutely nothing. There has been no public statement made by the family's attorney or appointed spokesperson. News articles have been few and far between.

I personally do not feel it is my place to approach the Stouffer family as I do not know them and have never so much as met them. If a plea were made for help of any sort, the Lebanon Valley community would be at their doorstep in a heartbeat!

I feel your sentiments EXACTALY Cutter .. It is hard to keep the community's "interest"/"involvment" when there seems to be a "lack of" in the case itself. However, having said that .. I do believe, that if the community (and surrounding communities) were asked to gather for multiple searches, there would be an outpouring of support .. People feel helpless .. No one knows what is "appropriate" in a case like this .. I, for one, even having had personal involvment with members of the family, do not feel comfortable organizing my own search party on a community wide scale, Nor do I feel comfortable asking the family, why they haven't. They don't owe me an explanation. It just almost seems taboo ... I do know, that there is a certain amount of the local "public" that is losing interest in this case due to the fact that there has not been more of a public plea for help, which is sad for Kortnes sake.

I'm not sure you can blame the community for this. As a member of the community, I do take offense to that statement.

The community has stepped up to attend fundraisers and prayer vigils, purchase signs, t-shirts, bumper stickers, pizzas, etc. Many of us would be the first people to volunteer for searches, if requested! We are a community of people who will rise up to our own challeges, and those around us, if we are asked to help or asisst in anyway, but most of us are not going to pry into someone else's tragedy just to spectate or speculate!

The facts are that there has never even been a public press conference concerning Kortne's disappearance. We are at a loss to understand what is happening because we have been told absolutely nothing. There has been no public statement made by the family's attorney or appointed spokesperson. News articles have been few and far between.

I personally do not feel it is my place to approach the Stouffer family as I do not know them and have never so much as met them. If a plea were made for help of any sort, the Lebanon Valley community would be at their doorstep in a heartbeat!

Sorry, I meant more of an outrage - why isn't LE or the family speaking? City government? Reporters? I am aware of the fund raisers and the community outpouring, and even contributed. It is as if a gag order is in place; no one in "power" is speaking. An update by LE, even to say "we're working on it" would go far.

I have about came to the conclusion that the family maybe aware of what happened to Kortne. They were able to "go through" her apartment, read her text messages and possibly go through her car before police were even called.

It's as if they possibly do not want the police to speak out.

I'm not even sure I feel this way but it is what I keep coming back too.

This case is so confusing....

I have about came to the conclusion that the family maybe aware of what happened to Kortne. They were able to "go through" her apartment, read her text messages and possibly go through her car before police were even called.

What possible scenarios do you think her family would not want police to speak out? Unless it would put her family in a bad light or create bad judgments.. which shouldn't matter if your daughter is "missing".

Maybe they feel they know what happened but are not saying anything in hopes "someone" will finally speak up or speak out about what they know.

I have wondered this myself. In looking through different FB pages, I have seen comments that people think they have "spotted" KS - but then there is nothing following up on that... Looking at the situation at first I felt that something happened in the early morn. hours the day KS went missing; since then though - the lack of communication by police, etc. makes me wonder if it's a case that KS left willingly and just isn't communicating.... I don't know... I live close to Lebanon County and it just seems strange...there's never anything new to go on - or at least anything being shared with the public to aid in helping...

Maybe they feel they know what happened but are not saying anything in hopes "someone" will finally speak up or speak out about what they know.

FWIW, I have a 'friend of a friend' listed on here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31157&highlight=mohney

He has been missing 16 years. People 'know' what happened but no-one can 'prove' it.

Not trying to be negative here but 'knowing' and proving in a court of law are two different things. Prayers for Justice for Kortne and Rob.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members