PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Palmyra LE doing anything active on behalf of Kortne? If not, shame on them.

I have about came to the conclusion that the family maybe aware of what happened to Kortne. They were able to "go through" her apartment, read her text messages and possibly go through her car before police were even called.

It's as if they possibly do not want the police to speak out.

I'm not even sure I feel this way but it is what I keep coming back too.

This case is so confusing....

I feel her family is aware of what happened.. but can't prove it. I think its the same for LE. I doubt LE cares what the family wants as far as their speaking out to the public.

In most cases, LE asks for the public's help when they don't know. When they know.. not so much, KWIM? LE has patience. I do not. Where is Kortne?

I feel your sentiments EXACTALY Cutter .. It is hard to keep the community's "interest"/"involvment" when there seems to be a "lack of" in the case itself. However, having said that .. I do believe, that if the community (and surrounding communities) were asked to gather for multiple searches, there would be an outpouring of support .. People feel helpless .. No one knows what is "appropriate" in a case like this .. I, for one, even having had personal involvment with members of the family, do not feel comfortable organizing my own search party on a community wide scale, Nor do I feel comfortable asking the family, why they haven't. They don't owe me an explanation. It just almost seems taboo ... I do know, that there is a certain amount of the local "public" that is losing interest in this case due to the fact that there has not been more of a public plea for help, which is sad for Kortnes sake.

I agree, and maybe not even losing interest so much as assuming that everything has been resolved (like I did) and the family wants their privacy.

Hey all my fellow locals, take care of yourselves during Sandy's visit! :raincloud:

I have about came to the conclusion that the family maybe aware of what happened to Kortne. They were able to "go through" her apartment, read her text messages and possibly go through her car before police were even called.

It's as if they possibly do not want the police to speak out.

I'm not even sure I feel this way but it is what I keep coming back too.

This case is so confusing....

I agree I think her family knows what has happend to her also.
I think she is alive!

No posters at Fisbourne (the family medicine clinic/student health center). :waitasec:

weren't they there a few weeks ago? who took them down? more importantly why?

Yes, they were there the most recent time that I was there before today...but it seemed like there were other fliers, etc and those were gone as well.:waitasec:

A state agency should really be given the lead on this case. Not local LE, if for no other reason than for appearances, given LE's questionable last visit to the residence. That may also bring more resources and a fresh set of eyes. I know they're involved, but IMO they should be given the lead on the investigation.

I think of you so often and your family. Where are you Kortne?

I just saw there was an attempted abduction of a girl (I believe 21 years old) in Mt Joy a few days prior to when Kortne went missing. She was walking along a main road (I believe very early in the am ) also more recently a young woman also in Lancaster was walking same thing. Both of these areas close enough to be related. Maybe not at all related but if can't believe a local reporter hasn't questioned it and investigate and reported on it. I assume..no I hope LE has already looked into it. And I also agree with previous post, the family doesn't appear to want public's help. Unless your child is missing none of us knows how we would react but I think I would be begging and screaming for help, info and leads from the community. I also think I would public insist LE do their job and state who responded and exactly what they did, saw and reported to dispatch that night. I prey kortne comes home.

Sorry for typos in previous post....posting from my phone.

I agree the family and law enforcement may know something that isn't public knowledge and thats why there is not alot being done "publicly" to find her. Adults have the right to go missing and owe no one an explanation-not even their parents so police don't always seem like they are doing much when it is an adult! I get crazy when we take missing persons reports in my city, but I think that's because of my involvement here and how aware I am of how many people just go *poof* and are gone. The police department there may also not have the resources to conduct large scale searches and if her family isn't pushing for them LE may not feel the necessity!! Always hoping she is found safe and sound!!

I just saw there was an attempted abduction of a girl (I believe 21 years old) in Mt Joy a few days prior to when Kortne went missing. She was walking along a main road (I believe very early in the am ) also more recently a young woman also in Lancaster was walking same thing. Both of these areas close enough to be related. Maybe not at all related but if can't believe a local reporter hasn't questioned it and investigate and reported on it. I assume..no I hope LE has already looked into it. And I also agree with previous post, the family doesn't appear to want public's help. Unless your child is missing none of us knows how we would react but I think I would be begging and screaming for help, info and leads from the community. I also think I would public insist LE do their job and state who responded and exactly what they did, saw and reported to dispatch that night. I prey kortne comes home.

Were there any MSM reports/articles that you are aware of? TIA

Your right about it not being unique to this case, even so, it is an incredibly heartless thing to do, regardless of the reason. I hope the police are aware of it. It's not out of the realm of possibility that something like this may lead to answers.

In many areas, it is illegal to post signs on trees or light posts. This includes signs for yard sales, missing dogs, missing kids, school fundraisers, and "ads" for services like lawn care or "we buy houses". This may be because nobody takes responsibility for removing them after the event is over. But you can actually be fined for posting signs on public property.

In many areas, it is illegal to post signs on trees or light posts. This includes signs for yard sales, missing dogs, missing kids, school fundraisers, and "ads" for services like lawn care or "we buy houses". This may be because nobody takes responsibility for removing them after the event is over. But you can actually be fined for posting signs on public property.

From looking at KS mother's Facebook page, the picture shows that the yard sign is posted on a grass strip between the curb and the sidewalk. Many people don't realize this, but that area is considered the county easement. Every home has a strip of land that's considered the easement which is technically county property not public property. As a matter of fact, homeowners are not permitted to build anything on the easement. Now it may be against county law to post things on easements, that I am unsure of. I can understand people getting upset about signs left behind, but in the case of a missing child, I personally would look the other way.

I agree the family and law enforcement may know something that isn't public knowledge and thats why there is not alot being done "publicly" to find her. Adults have the right to go missing and owe no one an explanation-not even their parents so police don't always seem like they are doing much when it is an adult! I get crazy when we take missing persons reports in my city, but I think that's because of my involvement here and how aware I am of how many people just go *poof* and are gone. The police department there may also not have the resources to conduct large scale searches and if her family isn't pushing for them LE may not feel the necessity!! Always hoping she is found safe and sound!!

I honestly believe that small town police departments do not have the resources to deal with missing person cases either. For example, after KS had been gone for a couple of months, I noticed that she had not been entered in the NamUs database which is National Missing and Unidentified Person Database. You would think in this day and age, this would be one of the first things that police suggest to the parents. I contacted WS late in September myself and not on the behalf of websleuths. I told WS of the importance of doing this and urged her to enter KS in the database, I also advised her to contact Texas Equusearch. About two weeks after I contacted WS, KS was entered into the NamUs database. This assured me that the parents are listening to suggestions, even though they may not directly respond to those who made the suggestions.

I honestly believe that small town police departments do not have the resources to deal with missing person cases either. For example, after KS had been gone for a couple of months, I noticed that she had not been entered in the NamUs database which is National Missing and Unidentified Person Database. You would think in this day and age, this would be one of the first things that police suggest to the parents. I contacted WS late in September myself and not on the behalf of websleuths. I told WS of the importance of doing this and urged her to enter KS in the database, I also advised her to contact Texas Equusearch. About two weeks after I contacted WS, KS was entered into the NamUs database. This assured me that the parents are listening to suggestions, even though they may not directly respond to those who made the suggestions.

BBM

This is good news.

I have to agree with previous posters that "knowing what happened and proving/prosecuting are two different things".
My prayers to KS's family and friends.
Kortne, where are you???

BBM

This is good news.

I have to agree with previous posters that "knowing what happened and proving/prosecuting are two different things".
My prayers to KS's family and friends.
Kortne, where are you???

And it can go beyond even just proving it. 2 different prosecuting attorneys can have 2 different takes on the evidence. One might be more confident in himself to get a conviction while the other won't file unless it appears to be a slam dunk. So even the personalities involved can come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon