PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before .. she would have to be the unluckiest person on this earth for it to have been a random attack .. (but an interesting read for crime sleuths non the less) Heck .. I am one of the very few who still think it still is a possibility she might have just walked off on her own. I just don't know ... I really just don't know. I can tell ya .. its waaay too quiet (and has been since the beginning) here in Central PA!

Well, you are right, it is a possibility that she could of walked off. Evidence of this may be found in some of the sightings that have been reported, although it's hard to say if those are legitimate or not. I will also say that if she simply walked off, then I would have to assume that there are details about her relationship with her family members that we are not aware of. From the looks of it, she seemed to have a loving relationship with her family. She would have known that walking off would cause her family insurmountable pain. From the pictures I have seen on Facebook, it doesn't seem like she was estranged from her family or that she wanted to be estranged from her family, but then again anything is possible.

Exactly, that's just my point, it isn't out of the realm of possibility. The problem is that there are far too many rumors that surround this case. It's hard to rule out things because of the rumors. If the crowd she ran with had connections to drugs or illicit activity that could involve a gambling institution, then having connections to a human trafficking ring would also not be impossible.

As far as the coincidence between all of the women in different states, the only thought I have on that is it could be possible, but if so it would have to involve someone like a long haul trucker who possibly stalks women maybe even using Facebook or other social networking sites as a means to do so. Otherwise I just can't see it as a possibility.

I wonder why that PI decided on trying to connect up all the blondes that have gone missing. Why not brunettes? There are just as many.

But even her mother spoke out about her boyfriend not being there to "protect" her. Just seems an odd choice of words to me, unless she was in some known danger.

By all accounts, that entire crowd had scuffles with the law, BF included. To me, I would think my daughter needs to be protected from them too.

I wonder why that PI decided on trying to connect up all the blondes that have gone missing. Why not brunettes? There are just as many.

That's a very good point! I personally believe that this country has a huge human trafficking problem, just way to many people vanishing without a trace. I know there are some who choose to be missing and others who run into domestic trouble of some sort or another and yet others who may not want to live any longer but even with all of that being said, the numbers are just astounding! Just looking at the amount of attempted but failed abductions is truly concerning.

Re: the needing to be protected. Imm not sure what to make of that. As some posters have suggested, there could've been a very real and specific threat. Or some people, myself included, simply prefer not to be alone at night because it makes us feel uncomfortably vulnerable, especially if we have been partying hard. Moo, it just depends on what you're used to.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why she would have just walked off. Again, it's not impossible but why? If I look at it from her point of view, I wonder if maybe she was concerned with her boyfriend being locked up that she wouldn't be able to pay the rent and other bills associated with the apartment. I remember reading that her father said that Kortne believed that her boyfriend would be locked up for some time. Maybe she felt that things had gotten so heated with the neighbors that she couldn't return. Maybe she thought that by stomping on the ground, if that is what actually occurred, the police might show back up and she feared being arrested due to disturbing the public. Maybe she was there when the police knocked on the door that last time and did not answer due to fear of being arrested. Maybe she left after the police left? Still, walking off with zero resources seems highly illogical but then again it has happened in other cases. Any other thoughts on this?

Maybe tomorrow will be the day for answers. We think of you every day Kortne.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why she would have just walked off. Again, it's not impossible but why? If I look at it from her point of view, I wonder if maybe she was concerned with her boyfriend being locked up that she wouldn't be able to pay the rent and other bills associated with the apartment. I remember reading that her father said that Kortne believed that her boyfriend would be locked up for some time. Maybe she felt that things had gotten so heated with the neighbors that she couldn't return. Maybe she thought that by stomping on the ground, if that is what actually occurred, the police might show back up and she feared being arrested due to disturbing the public. Maybe she was there when the police knocked on the door that last time and did not answer due to fear of being arrested. Maybe she left after the police left? Still, walking off with zero resources seems highly illogical but then again it has happened in other cases. Any other thoughts on this?

All possible, but I can't see why she would stay away so long, without contacting her mom, at least. They appear to be very close, from photos on her mom's FB page. I can't see her letting her mom agonize in this way, over what would probably have been a misdemeanor at worst. Or she could have probably moved home for a while, if it was a neighbor issue. No, I do not believe she left of her own accord at all, at least not to stay away like this. Maybe she did the leave the building on her own, but then something happened, either by people known to her or not.

This was just reported on the local news:

http://www.abc27.com/story/19990948/human-remains-discovered-in-elizabethtown-identity-unknown

Elizabethtown is close to Palmyra. Will be following this story ...just in case....

I continue to pray for answers for Kortne's family.

Any of Kortne's so-called friends live in the Elizabethtown area? :what::what:

Oh, I don't know what to think....Kortne, where are you???

Whether this is Kortne or not, this is someone's family member...

around 15 miles from Palmyra, & less than 30 mins,
oh me, poor person:(

Oh my gosh, I have a friend of over 29 years who lives in Elizabethtown, PA, on Elizabethtown Road. Her husband is a Lutheran Bishop, grief counselor, and social worker, and she is a assistant pastor. They have 175 acres there. Its a small town and usually a peaceful place. They are surrounded by Amish people and various tourist attractions. They have horses, cows, dogs, cats, birds, and I've forgotten what else, plus a large family of kids both born to them and adopted. Some of their relatives also have homes on the same large section of property. My friend must be shocked by the discovery of a body in her area. They have always considered the area to be safe and relaxing and a beautiful place to live. They are familiar with all the towns around there and visit them often. My friend is a pediatric intensive care nurse and sometimes runs an embroidery supply shop from her home, besides beng an assistant pastor. I sure hope the body wasn't found close to my friend's land.

All possible, but I can't see why she would stay away so long, without contacting her mom, at least. They appear to be very close, from photos on her mom's FB page. I can't see her letting her mom agonize in this way, over what would probably have been a misdemeanor at worst. Or she could have probably moved home for a while, if it was a neighbor issue. No, I do not believe she left of her own accord at all, at least not to stay away like this. Maybe she did the leave the building on her own, but then something happened, either by people known to her or not.

Agreed! The only thing that eats at me is that a family member of mine did this very thing. I know it's an unlikely outcome for Kortne, but my family member was gone for almost 32 years before I found him, this is why I question everything. You just never know and if it were not for my experience, I wouldn't even consider it an option. Then again, it just seems way too unlikely for Kortne.

Agreed! The only thing that eats at me is that a family member of mine did this very thing. I know it's an unlikely outcome for Kortne, but my family member was gone for almost 32 years before I found him, this is why I question everything. You just never know and if it were not for my experience, I wouldn't even consider it an option. Then again, it just seems way too unlikely for Kortne.

I know that people do this (disappear voluntarily) but Kortne seems to be a very social, active young person with several jobs, a boyfriend with no apparent issues in their relationship, several siblings, and parents, etc. Not to mention it takes money to simply lark off and start a new life.

And on a night with so much drama bordering on violence...just so unlikely to me that she is physically okay.

Something doesn't seem right ... They discovered the body at 10am THURSDAY .. didn't report on it (kept it quiet) until late FRIDAY and its going to take until MONDAY to do an autopsy?? There is no sense of urgency to figure out who this is???

-snipped- The Northwest Regional Police Department and the Lancaster County forensics team have been investigating the scene, which is on the property of the Masonic Village, since Thursday morning. Friday night, an officer at the police department said crews were still on the scene. -snipped-

http://www.abc27.com/story/19990948/human-remains-discovered-in-elizabethtown-identity-unknown

Somehow this sounds like there is more to the "discovery" .. (maybe I'm just reading too much into it)

I dont think so Meems. Whoever it is, they are investigating the scene with a fine toothed comb. WS's fb is breaking my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery