PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several pages back I mentioned having hope that hunting season would bring answers. Even if this isn't Kortne, it will be an answer for someone's loved ones. (((vibes)))

: ( This is so heartbreaking. I read about the cases that have NO answers here and wonder how??? Celina, Katelyn, Kortne and more ( I am not awake yet so forgive)

How can they go unsolved so long? :( Someone has to know something!

WS is "beating herself up" because she cannot be the mother and wife she wants to be, Kortne's disappearance has consumed her.. what mother would not be consumed by this? I dont have the words to convey how heartbreaking it is to read her posts...

Someone knows something. Help this poor woman and her family heal. I dont believe Kortne is alive. No way do I think she would let her mother suffer like this.

How far away is this from Reading?

From Google maps, to commute from Reading to Elizabethtown is anywhere between 48 miles to 64 miles depending on which route one would take. Depending on the route, anywhere from an hour to an hour and 15 minute commute.

From Palmyra to Elizabethtown is roughly a 30 minute commute. I also notice that Elizabethtown is very close to Mt. Joy where and attempted abduction of a 21 year old female happened just 4 days before Kortne disappeared.

http://www.abc27.com/story/19113785/woman-reports-abduction-attempt-in-mount-joy

To be exact it is roughly 6 miles from Elizabethtown to Mt. Joy.

All possible, but I can't see why she would stay away so long, without contacting her mom, at least. They appear to be very close, from photos on her mom's FB page. I can't see her letting her mom agonize in this way, over what would probably have been a misdemeanor at worst. Or she could have probably moved home for a while, if it was a neighbor issue. No, I do not believe she left of her own accord at all, at least not to stay away like this. Maybe she did the leave the building on her own, but then something happened, either by people known to her or not.

I feel the same, but at the same time I just can't leave any stone unturned. After what my family went though, I just have too question everything. Yet, I can't bring myself to believe that she would let her mom agonize in this way either. It just doesn't add up.

There are many more articles out there about the remains found in Elizabethtown. I've sorted through most of them and they just seem to repeat what was reported earlier, with the exception of the one below where it states that, "There is no apparent sign of how the person died, police said." This information is not included in the earlier posted articles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4966744...ing-remains-found-elizabethtown/#.UJVyWbHR6a8

If the remains have been there since summer, it could take some time to make an identification.

Like a lot of other people, I've been half-expecting a hunter stumble-upon. Happens every year.

My theory hasn't changed and probably won't unless and until information is released by LE. I don't see that happening any time soon.

Sad. Very sad.

I am not sure what to hope for, regarding the body/remains found. I find it difficult to believe that Kortne is alive and want her to be found. If this body is not hers, the uncertainty and anguish continue in one way, while of course, if it is, it represents an entirely other level of pain.

I am not sure what to hope for, regarding the body/remains found. I find it difficult to believe that Kortne is alive and want her to be found. If this body is not hers, the uncertainty and anguish continue in one way, while of course, if it is, it represents an entirely other level of pain.

I've thought Kortne was no longer with us since the beginning.

I don't like that very much, but I can't believe any other possibility.

At this point, I sincerely hope she gets back to her family however she can.

I hope I never have to know which pain is worse.

It seems to me that if they could have immediately ruled Kortne out, they would have. If the unfortunate soul was appreciably taller or shorter, for instance.

I guess we don't know if the skeleton was intact, do we? I hope so.

It seems (I say that a lot, I see) that if identifying articles had been found, a news outlet would have mentioned it.

Elizabethtown is in Lancaster County, btw.

We have Dauphin County (bars in Harrisburg & Hummelstown, odd brief ground search in Hershey), the apartment, neighbors, family & other players in Lebanon County (Palmyra, Grantville) and a decomposed body in Lancaster County.

I've thought Kortne was no longer with us since the beginning.

I don't like that very much, but I can't believe any other possibility.

At this point, I sincerely hope she gets back to her family however she can.

I hope I never have to know which pain is worse.

It seems to me that if they could have immediately ruled Kortne out, they would have. If the unfortunate soul was appreciably taller or shorter, for instance.

I guess we don't know if the skeleton was intact, do we? I hope so.

It seems (I say that a lot, I see) that if identifying articles had been found, a news outlet would have mentioned it.

Elizabethtown is in Lancaster County, btw.

We have Dauphin County (bars in Harrisburg & Hummelstown, odd brief ground search in Hershey), the apartment, neighbors, family & other players in Lebanon County (Palmyra, Grantville) and a decomposed body in Lancaster County.

As far as never having to know which pain is worse, I truly believe that families in this situation really just want closure. It's unimaginable to go through something like this. There are just no words for the not knowing!

It's obvious to me after reading many articles that Kortne's family feels that someone knows something. I have to agree.

Regarding the remains, I have tried to focus on what we do know which is that they have been there for weeks, at least, and that there is no apparent signs of how the person died. With this in mind, I checked NamUs and there are at least three individuals that might fit that criteria in PA alone.

I am thankful that Kortne's family entered her in NamUs. At the very least, dental information is entered and the initial inquiry for DNA is underway. If anything this will help to rule possibilities in or out, whichever the case may be.

i followed along here in the beginning but have been in another thread...i have thought that she probably was no longer with us before she left her apt. for the last time. jmo and the family seems to think something is wrong which only reinforces my suspicions. if she truly is not alive then i wish nothing more than for her family to find her and put her to rest properly. i dont know if i believe in closure or not -- until they find out the who,what and where of that last night for courtney and even then its going to be a long road. prayers to them for this has got to be a nightmare beyond belief.

i followed along here in the beginning but have been in another thread...i have thought that she probably was no longer with us before she left her apt. for the last time. jmo and the family seems to think something is wrong which only reinforces my suspicions. if she truly is not alive then i wish nothing more than for her family to find her and put her to rest properly. i dont know if i believe in closure or not -- until they find out the who,what and where of that last night for courtney and even then its going to be a long road. prayers to them for this has got to be a nightmare beyond belief.

That's just the problem, closure doesn't come easy, I agree it will be a long road! God bless the Stouffer family!

my sister(s) and mother live in E-town. Its a small old town and a college town. They didnt know about this. Masonic Villiage is a beautiful area, pond, farming etc. Very classy. IMO if you are not from the area, you would not know about this place since its set back off the main roads.

http://www.masonicvillagespa.org/elizabethtown/

my sister(s) and mother live in E-town. Its a small old town and a college town. They didnt know about this. Masonic Villiage is a beautiful area, pond, farming etc. Very classy. IMO if you are not from the area, you would not know about this place since its set back off the main roads.

http://www.masonicvillagespa.org/elizabethtown/

That is a very astute observation! Has anyone else noticed the amount of guests that have been here since the article about the human remains found in Elizabethtown was posted. There have been many more guests here recently.

I just read some interesting comments posted on an article about Kortne. After I read them, I quickly looked through websleuths rules to see if I could post the comments here. I'm still not sure, all I could gleam is that maybe I should post them as rumors. Does anyone else know the proper way to handle this? Maybe it would be best to just post the link to the article, I'm just not sure? I certainly do not want to jeopardize my websleuths account, then again, this could be very important information. Any advice would be appreciated.

I just read some interesting comments posted on an article about Kortne. After I read them, I quickly looked through websleuths rules to see if I could post the comments here. I'm still not sure, all I could gleam is that maybe I should post them as rumors. Does anyone else know the proper way to handle this? Maybe it would be best to just post the link to the article, I'm just not sure? I certainly do not want to jeopardize my websleuths account, then again, this could be very important information. Any advice would be appreciated.

You can link the article and then we could read them for ourselves...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME