PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is gone, which IMO she is, I hope this is her so her family and those who care can get some answers.

Annie, didn't it take less than a week for Dylan to be ID's by bones?

~ prayers ~ this is someones someone ... :(

Approx 50 miles away from where Kortne went missing.

http://www.abc27.com/story/22882040/remains-found-near-susquehanna-river

Wow Kortne was the first person I thought of when I heard this story on the radio this morning.http://m.wgal.com/news/police-hiker...ty/-/17430522/21042228/-/12wy37a/-/index.html

Eta, there are a couple missing people from south-central pa, not sure if I should start threads for them esp since one is a kid. Is there anyone who'd feel comfortable doing this?

Me too..don't know why. I thought of her last night.
BUMP

FWIW .. -snipped- A swimmer found human bones Wednesday along the Susquehanna River near the Norman Wood Bridge in Lower Chanceford Township, York County. -snipped

Norman Wood Bridge connects Lancaster and York Counties.

Read more: http://www.wgal.com/news/susquehann.../21042228/-/yjj0os/-/index.html#ixzz2ZWtn9XYX

Norman Wood Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for posting and discussing this everyone. I saw this as well. I checked NAMUS for this a few days ago but couldn't find anything. It must not be entered yet, but I'll check again. I have often wondered whether any persons of interest were avid fisherman, hunters, or off-roaders. Does anyone know if this part of the river is a known fishing spot? Or if any of Kortne's friends/associates were known to fish there? Some of the articles suggest that a stream flows into the river there. This could be a known place to fish (although not recently because of pollution issues from what I understand). Years ago I used to go fishing where the Conodoguinet flows into the river.

KS went missing in late July not long after bass season starts. Although maybe this area wasn't used much by fisherman from the Lebanon-Palmyra area, although I've never fished there the Swatara sounds like it's supposed to be good.

Thanks for posting and discussing this everyone. I saw this as well. I checked NAMUS for this a few days ago but couldn't find anything. It must not be entered yet, but I'll check again. I have often wondered whether any persons of interest were avid fisherman, hunters, or off-roaders. Does anyone know if this part of the river is a known fishing spot? Or if any of Kortne's friends/associates were known to fish there? Some of the articles suggest that a stream flows into the river there. This could be a known place to fish (although not recently because of pollution issues from what I understand). Years ago I used to go fishing where the Conodoguinet flows into the river.

KS went missing in late July not long after bass season starts. Although maybe this area wasn't used much by fisherman from the Lebanon-Palmyra area, although I've never fished there the Swatara sounds like it's supposed to be good.

Good questions Eagle .. I don't have the answers but can't help but wonder if a body left in summer weather wouldn't have been found in a popular fishing spot, mostly by the smell alone.

I think I said this once before...but this is one case that seems far longer than a year, instead of less, as many do when they hit that mark. Seems like she has been missing forever.

In response to eagle5516 from page 9 (sorry but I for whatever reason couldn't quote it)

Very well thought out post and I concur almost 100% except that there are a few people around that night and next day that have barely even been mentioned. Some may not have been mentioned in the media at all but it's been so long I can't remember for sure anymore. There are so many possibilities about what went down that night. I too don't believe she left on her own. Too many of her things were left behind and she had too many volatile interactions that night. Kortne was a tall girl but she wasn't a big girl. She was very thin for her height and it's entirely possible that she was ACCIDENTALLY mortally injured during a confrontation. If she charged someone and they pushed her away too hard or fast or she hit a wall or the ground...that may have been all it took. IF, IF, this is what happened then the person involved is losing any chance of explaining themselves and the events of that evening. We are a few days short of one year. I don't think anyone who has knowledge at this point is unselfish enough to do the right thing for no other reason than to do the right thing. At this point the only chance (IMO of course) of someone coming forward is the selfishness of trying to save their tail.

Bottom line is that Kortne WILL be found and IF someone is in ANY way responsible they too WILL be found out. It may be next week or 2 years from now but it will happen. And the longer this goes on the worse it becomes for anyone involved or anyone with any information. Tick Tock.

Here's an interesting article in the Lebanon Daily News.

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_23739510/year-later-kortne-stouffers-fate-still-mystery

Here is the part I found interesting: "Arnold said she got into an argument there with another woman over the woman's boyfriend, with whom Stouffer had had a dispute in the past. Arnold said the other woman was defending her boyfriend, but he didn't say what the argument was about."

I think someone inside the apartment silenced her with some kind of drug and then took her somewhere else but I don't have a clue where or why??

JMOO

In a few hours, Kortne will have been missing for a year. I feel like we're no closer to knowing what happened now than we were when she first went missing.

Where are you, Kortne?

Here's an interesting article in the Lebanon Daily News.

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_23739510/year-later-kortne-stouffers-fate-still-mystery

Here is the part I found interesting: "Arnold said she got into an argument there with another woman over the woman's boyfriend, with whom Stouffer had had a dispute in the past. Arnold said the other woman was defending her boyfriend, but he didn't say what the argument was about."

also from the article

"We're working under the assumption that she was removed from her apartment against her will," the district attorney said. "But I don't know that anyone is prepared to say that that is what happened, because we can't say that officially. I think it's fair to say that it's a very suspicious disappearance in terms of what we do know, and that's why we continue to investigate it."

One year now. I just discovered Kortne yesterday via Charley Project and have nothing useful to add, but it is so obvious how much her family loves her.

Please God, don't let this be one of those cases that goes cold for years. I still can't believe Kyle Fleischmann (for one) hasn't been found. Just impossibly frustrating and heartbreaking.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/stouffer_kortne.html

stouffer_kortne.jpg
stouffer_kortne2.jpg
stouffer_kortne3.jpg
stouffer_kortne4.jpg
stouffer_kortne5.jpg
stouffer_kortne6.jpg
stouffer_kortne7.jpg
stouffer_kortne8.jpg
stouffer_kortne9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.