Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Ed Kemper allegedly said he wouldn't have been as good at killing if he hadn't spent time in prison as a teenager, learning the "tricks of the trade" from the people with experience. Unfortunately prison can make people better at criminal behavior.
A lower level or county jail might be an incentive to not commit more crimes but a prison is where the serious offenders and seasoned criminals are.

Sorry...I see now. The window company is to the East of the apartment so probably if they have cameras it wouldn't help. But just to the west of the apartment, sharing the same driveway even, is Alpha Bio Med Services at 3246 Lincoln Highway. Hopefully they have a camera.

Wow...just looked at Alpha Bio Med...they dispose of medical waste. I don't like knowing that.
I can't see where Alpha Bio Med is but I did notice Sharps Compliance tractor trailer, that's hypodermic needles, finger sticks for blood samples etc.

Sorry...I see now. The window company is to the East of the apartment so probably if they have cameras it wouldn't help. But just to the west of the apartment, sharing the same driveway even, is Alpha Bio Med Services at 3246 Lincoln Highway. Hopefully they have a camera.

Wow...just looked at Alpha Bio Med...they dispose of medical waste. I don't like knowing that.
Probably 60 or more years ago, medical waste like blood, urine, stool, and sputum probably got dumped at a landfill along with regular residential trash. Not any more.

Are you talking about 3250 Lincoln Highway ?
I'm not seeing on google maps what the business is that I have circled in the attached picture, but if this business has a camera on the front it seems it would have a view of the parking for 3250 Lincoln Highway. The camera, if it exists, could record JS coming and going. From the criminal complaint linked earlier we know he parks at the back of 3250 so would be seen driving toward the camera before turning left to go around the back. That same camera might also show if someone was in or around the Pacifica just before it catches fire.

ETA: corrected picture

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I can't see where Alpha Bio Med is but I did notice Sharps Compliance tractor trailer, that's hypodermic needles, finger sticks for blood samples etc.
Same same. Old info on google maps. Sharps Compliance bought Alpha Bio Med in 2015. Their services include medical waste disposal and incineration. I don't feel better about that.

I'm not seeing on google maps what the business is that I have circled in the attached picture, but if this business has a camera on the front it seems it would have a view of the parking for 3250 Lincoln Highway. The camera, if it exists, could record JS coming and going. From the criminal complaint linked earlier we know he parks at the back of 3250 so would be seen driving toward the camera before turning left to go around the back. That same camera might also show if someone was in or around the Pacifica just before it catches fire.
Good observation CuriousQuiet1.

Judging by the board at side of road it looks like it says Paradise Concrete?
Edited Paradise Concrete Solutions - it looks to be the same logo on the building, the one above it is a garden accessories place

Judging by the board at side of road it looks like it says Paradise Concrete?
Edited Paradise Concrete Solutions - it looks to be the same logo on the building, the one above it is a garden accessories place
Garden accessory place, handy place to buy a shovel. Wonder if LE is checking his credit card purchases if he has any and any receipts in glove compartment, visor etc of Rio. I am sure that's routine.

Garden accessory place, handy place to buy a shovel. Wonder if LE is checking his credit card purchases if he has any and any receipts in glove compartment, visor etc of Rio. I am sure that's routine.

I checked again, and then Googled its an Import business, wholesale
Maps says one thing, possibly business change?

Really sorry, not to sure if I broke the rules? :oops:

Probably 60 or more years ago, medical waste like blood, urine, stool, and sputum probably got dumped at a landfill along with regular residential trash. Not any more.
Spitballing...a little disturbing so scroll along if that bothers you...
Would the town or the county contract with a medical waste service to dispose of animals? What happens to the deer, cats, dogs, fox, coyote, etc that get hit by cars? The Alpha Bio Med website says they offer veterinary disposal service. Is it possible there is a "drop-off" that the highway department or animal control uses to get rid of dead animals and it happens to be next door to JS at Sharps Compliance? Not officially medical waste so not tracked. He might be able to dispose of... I can't even write it.

If JS didn't do that I want royalties when someone writes a fictional book about it.

I was thinking JS lived in the brick building near the road at 3250 Lincoln Highway. I just found a listing for 3250 Lincoln Highway, Apt 8 and it is in the gray building just behind the brick building. Makes me think Apt 7 is likely also in the gray building and not the brick building. I don't see how it matters but you sleuthers continue to surprise me so I'll mention it.

https://www.trulia.com/p/pa/paradise/3250-lincoln-hwy-e-8-paradise-pa-17562--2407010052

<modsnip>
I was thinking JS lived in the brick building near the road at 3250 Lincoln Highway. I just found a listing for 3250 Lincoln Highway, Apt 8 and it is in the gray building just behind the brick building. Makes me think Apt 7 is likely also in the gray building and not the brick building. I don't see how it matters but you sleuthers continue to surprise me so I'll mention it.

https://www.trulia.com/p/pa/paradise/3250-lincoln-hwy-e-8-paradise-pa-17562--2407010052
It does matter or at least I think it does. I think most,like myself, thought he lived in brick building in front. If he lived in back building, the car fire is unimportant. Also, he lives closer to railroad tracks than originally thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked again, and then Googled its an Import business, wholesale
Maps says one thing, possibly business change?

Really sorry, not to sure if I broke the rules? :oops:
Good eyes there. Looks like the Paradis Concrete business you mentioned is the one with the view of 3250 Lincoln Hwy. Next door to that is the import business that shows up on Google maps. Not sure what could be seen from a camera at the import business.

Attachments

• Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 11
Does local LE have the tools to search the ECU? Or is this something that would go to a state or an FBI crime lab? Just thinking in terms of timing, if local LE can do it the data may be extracted already. If not it could be sitting in a pile of evidence to be processed and might take some time. MOO.
I'm not sure if local LE would have the tools. The State Police would, or any agency that investigates accidents.

Auto manufacturers fought for years to keep their safety data a secret, because recalls and mandatory added safety devices means more cost for them.
The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) finally won the fight and although EDR's have been used since the mid 1990s on race cars, they became mandatory in 2015 on all cars. They collect the data and do things like recall cars with safety defects etc.

I just looked up the law in PA, and LE does not need a warrant to retrieve the data.
Here's a list of the states that have statutes against it.

Privacy of Data from Event Data Recorders: State Statutes

Last edited:
Good eyes there. Looks like the Paradis Concrete business you mentioned is the one with the view of 3250 Lincoln Hwy. Next door to that is the import business that shows up on Google maps. Not sure what could be seen from a camera at the import business.

I checked the back, easy to access the rail tracks but appears to be a busy line? looks like a steam train goes along there?

You can see the grey building you were talking about.

Edited - I think there is camera's at the Stolzfuz Builders

There sure are a lot of businesses around there with the Stoltzfus name, including next door to JS's apartment.

Sylvan Stoltzfus Builders LLC

Address: 3246 Lincoln Hwy E, Paradise, PA

HOME IMPROVEMENT CONTRACTOR. The license number is 993294.

The following is just IMO...
I've read through most of the posts and have been following this for a couple of weeks. Note, this is about 40 minutes from where I live.

The "Harvest Drive" issue keeps coming up, and my thinking is a little different than what I've been reading here, so I thought I'd post how I'm seeing it. What if he initially drove past the Harvest Drive location with the intention of ditching the clothing, but couldn't, because someone was there? What if he simply went back later to do it later when no one was around?

Why did he just bury the bra and stockings? What about the rest of her stuff, or even her? <modsnip>

Now what if Smoker did what ever he did with her and then later realized that SHE had left her stockings and bra in his car? Maybe she hid them under the seat as "evidence" and he realized it later (possibly when cleaning or vacuuming the car to get rid of evidence?) and had to ditch them somewhere?

Remember, she did not wave back at the Amish that waved at her as is customary, even if they don't know each other. Was that her "signaling" that there was something wrong? To me, it shows she had the presence of mind to communicate in her own way that she was in trouble. So, could she have hidden the bra and stockings to leave evidence?

Again, I want to emphasize this is all IMO.

Smoke seems to be somewhat limited in his travels. He didn't go very far to kidnap his victim. He didn't travel very far to dispose of her bra and stockings. The time frame between abducting Linda and passing Harvest Drive is a very short one, only about 15 minutes, but cell phone records show he was in the "general area" of Harvest Drive on 6/21 between approx 2:30 and 3:30 pm. Just 2-3 hours after abduction LS.
Did he actually have time to drive to Welsh Mountain, do what ever he did to her, drive back, go to vicinity of Harvest Drive all in a time span of a couple of hours? Maybe, but why would he go all of the way up there?

One last thing, the arrest report states that a witness saw JS at Harvest Drive on 6/23. He called the police. He also looked in JS's car AND TOOK PICTURES. What was in there that prompted the witness to take pictures. The police arrived after JS left. The witness showed the police the pictures. Yet the bra and stockings were not actually discovered there until 7/10. IMO...This part does not make sense at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members