Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes TMAN. You will see them all the time in the sky, often in groups. It is sometimes difficult to distinguish them from hawk, but I have learned some tips. Hawks tend to be solitary, TVS in groups. Hawks soar across the sky, TVs circle and their wings will flutter. Hawks have lighter underbellies, TVs are black underneath. When they fly, was wings are level with their torso. TVs wings are above them like a V shape when in flight. If I recall correctly, Turkey Vultures are what led to finding the remains of one of the cases that I had followed.

OT: I hope the family and friends of Shane are finding some degree of peace with the passage of time.

I would also add that on the ground, hawks are very cool looking. TVs...not so much. No offense, just saying.

Yes TMAN. You will see them all the time in the sky, often in groups. It is sometimes difficult to distinguish them from hawk, but I have learned some tips. Hawks tend to be solitary, TVS in groups. Hawks soar across the sky, TVs circle and their wings will flutter. Hawks have lighter underbellies, TVs are black underneath. When they fly, was wings are level with their torso. TVs wings are above them like a V shape when in flight. If I recall correctly, Turkey Vultures are what led to finding the remains of one of the cases that I had followed.

OT: I hope the family and friends of Shane are finding some degree of peace with the passage of time.

It was the Hannah Graham case that I referenced above. Poor Hannah was a victim of Jesse Matthew. She was found almost exactly 2 years ago after a man saw 20-30 Vultures flying around.
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/24/man-calls-hannah-graham-tip-line-after-sighting-20-30-buzzards/

She's in the park. They'll find her..........eventually.

Be prepared for our favorite catch phrase, "She was found in an area previously searched".

Very true. No search method is infallible. Too many variables. Skill of the dogs and handlers, training of the searchers, terrain, weather, density of the foliage, physical condition of the searchers, etc.....

You're right.....seems the MSM outlets got it wrong.

I'm curious why they are re-searching the park now. The trees are still thick with foliage and falling leaves. I would think if she's there it would not be any easier to find her now than 6 weeks ago.

She might be even harder to find with a thick layer of leaves..or even snow over her.

It was the Hannah Graham case that I referenced above. Poor Hannah was a victim of Jesse Matthew. She was found almost exactly 2 years ago after a man saw 20-30 Vultures flying around.
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/24/man-calls-hannah-graham-tip-line-after-sighting-20-30-buzzards/

Well...since you brought up the subject.. One of the tactics Trackers use to find missing individuals is to watch for scavenger activity...everything from Possums to Vultures to hoards of insects. To put it bluntly, carrion eaters. And this skill set (in addition to some others) is what separates Trackers (Indian Scouts) from the regular SAR searcher.

That said, I see nothing to conclude she is deceased and think it prudent consider her alive and missing until proven otherwise. It is not illegal for an adult to go missing of their own accord, and if that is the case, frankly the "reason why" is none of anyone's darn business. If however the adult is considered to be at risk or there is reason to suspect foul play, that is a completely different scenario.

As always, thanks for the insight. I believe I have heard you say the need for searchers to look up, so I should have credited you on that idea. Also, I am leaning toward a run-away situation in this case, but I am not exactly sure why. Something is bothering me about where her car was found. Based on my experience, most people park in the main lot which is close to where you can cross the bridge and enter the trails or just go down to the water. I have never parked in the lot that her car was found. I always considered that moreover for folks who were there for picnics.. If she was meeting up with someone to runaway, then perhaps she wanted a less visible location??

One good thing about the search is that it got here story back on the 5:00 news.

The search came up empty handed... I think a public search would be good.... they said they had an enormous amount of people wanting to search....but as themed throughout this all they closed it to LE only.. the less eyes the less chance. I don't know.... I mean at times I feel LE doesn't understand that we are capable of helping and we're highly intelligent. Someone on BCFB said they were threatening to arrest people if they came to the park today but I didn't see anything showing that as validated. Just seems angry. I guess I can't blame them, when I worked In the ER before finishing school the cops there said they get no respect and the pay isn't good ...so I definitely feel for them and I appreciate all they do just wish the community could help. Glad the search came up empty.

bbm

The search came up empty handed... I think a public search would be good.... they said they had an enormous amount of people wanting to search....but as themed throughout this all they closed it to LE only.. the less eyes the less chance. I don't know.... I mean at times I feel LE doesn't understand that we are capable of helping and we're highly intelligent. Someone on BCFB said they were threatening to arrest people if they came to the park today but I didn't see anything showing that as validated. Just seems angry. I guess I can't blame them, when I worked In the ER before finishing school the cops there said they get no respect and the pay isn't good ...so I definitely feel for them and I appreciate all they do just wish the community could help. Glad the search came up empty.

I hope today's search isn't the only one scheduled... I doubt all 1,711 acres (2.6+ square miles) have been thoroughly searched.

Their reasoning for no public search last time was they were sure every part of the park had been searched. Weird.

As you guys can tell from my relentless and hideous posts, I haven't committed suicide either recently or in the past. What I HAVE done is spent countless hours, days and months out in a forest environment. Since I've never committed suicide, I don't know for sure what the mindframe would be of the person doing it, but I would have to assume that part of the mindframe is to get hidden and be left alone with your thoughts. That would mean hidden from hikers, dog walkers, bird watchers, mountain bikers, motorists, and just about anybody else that might happen to stroll along. The keyword here is hidden.

At this time of the year, and especially a month ago, hiding in a thick forest would be relatively easy, especially if you got off the trail and headed cross country. Since this lady was a regular at this park, I have to assume that she had done plenty of exploring and ventured deep inside of it, much more so than an occasional visitor might. I also suspect that she had a favorite place she liked to go that was both secluded and quiet with little interference from other park guests. It was "her spot". I've had a couple of those of my own throughout the years.

At the beginning of the thread I made a short comment about them taking this lady's dogs to the park and cutting them loose and letting the dogs track her down. I wasn't being smarty pants about it, I meant it. If she had a favorite spot or a secluded spot she liked to hang out at, chances are good that at one point or another she might have taken her dogs with her to that spot, possibly numerous times. Animals will often return to places that are familiar to them, especially domesticated animals. If this had been done a month ago, her dogs might have actually been able to follow her scent since they know what she smells like better than anybody, and coupled with the dogs knowing her favorite spot, I think it might have worked. Sure, the dogs may have been a little distracted by all the attention and commotion brought on by the search efforts, but after a few hours of getting things relaxed, I think they would've ventured off to familiar territory. All that would really be needed is a couple of people following along behind them, no need for dozen of searchers and other dogs to be present, in fact the fewer the better.

Personally. I think she left her car and belongings behind so that people would know where she is. In this day and age of electronics, it's not all that easy to simply vanish without leaving some proof of life behind or some electronic breadcrumbs such as cellphone pings, debit transactions, or internet use. It's my understanding that there has been none of that reported to date. Sure, disappearing for a couple of weeks might not be so hard, but we've gone way past that now and still nothing to show that she is "out there" somewhere. The cops wouldn't be searching again if they had evidence like that.

She's in the park. Take her dogs in there and let 'em find her. If the cops won't do it, then the family should.
It would be better if a couple of strangers took them in though, because the dogs would have no ties to them and would have more of a tendency to venture off to a familiar place after getting settled down. It might take the biggest chunk of a day, it might take ALL day, but eventually they will lead the searchers to that spot.

As you guys can tell from my relentless and hideous posts, I haven't committed suicide either recently or in the past. What I HAVE done is spent countless hours, days and months out in a forest environment. Since I've never committed suicide, I don't know for sure what the mindframe would be of the person doing it, but I would have to assume that part of the mindframe is to get hidden and be left alone with your thoughts. That would mean hidden from hikers, dog walkers, bird watchers, mountain bikers, motorists, and just about anybody else that might happen to stroll along. The keyword here is hidden.

At this time of the year, and especially a month ago, hiding in a thick forest would be relatively easy, especially if you got off the trail and headed cross country. Since this lady was a regular at this park, I have to assume that she had done plenty of exploring and ventured deep inside of it, much more so than an occasional visitor might. I also suspect that she had a favorite place she liked to go that was both secluded and quiet with little interference from other park guests. It was "her spot". I've had a couple of those of my own throughout the years.

At the beginning of the thread I made a short comment about them taking this lady's dogs to the park and cutting them loose and letting the dogs track her down. I wasn't being smarty pants about it, I meant it. If she had a favorite spot or a secluded spot she liked to hang out at, chances are good that at one point or another she might have taken her dogs with her to that spot, possibly numerous times. Animals will often return to places that are familiar to them, especially domesticated animals. If this had been done a month ago, her dogs might have actually been able to follow her scent since they know what she smells like better than anybody, and coupled with the dogs knowing her favorite spot, I think it might have worked. Sure, the dogs may have been a little distracted by all the attention and commotion brought on by the search efforts, but after a few hours of getting things relaxed, I think they would've ventured off to familiar territory. All that would really be needed is a couple of people following along behind them, no need for dozen of searchers and other dogs to be present, in fact the fewer the better.

Personally. I think she left her car and belongings behind so that people would know where she is. In this day and age of electronics, it's not all that easy to simply vanish without leaving some proof of life behind or some electronic breadcrumbs such as cellphone pings, debit transactions, or internet use. It's my understanding that there has been none of that reported to date. Sure, disappearing for a couple of weeks might not be so hard, but we've gone way past that now and still nothing to show that she is "out there" somewhere. The cops wouldn't be searching again if they had evidence like that.

She's in the park. Take her dogs in there and let 'em find her. If the cops won't do it, then the family should.
It would be better if a couple of strangers took them in though, because the dogs would have no ties to them and would have more of a tendency to venture off to a familiar place after getting settled down. It might take the biggest chunk of a day, it might take ALL day, but eventually they will lead the searchers to that spot.

I agree with all of this.

But, we also don't know whether or not the dogs have been there. I'm going to venture a guess that they have been, multiple times, with family. I do agree she's in that park.

Excellent post Steelman. When you made that post earlier, I had not really thought about the fact that she may have a special place and the dogs might be familiar with it. (I was thinking that you meant they could sniff her out) Although your theory does is not aligned with mine, I think you make some compelling points. I am a little different in that I enjoy when people have a different viewpoint than my own as it offers new possibilities and challenges me to think through my own. Well done and much appreciated.

She would know the park in and out. She posted on epgn this quote (Years ago) on a blog about favorite spring time activities.Lindsey Piccone

student | Bensalem

“Skateboard-ing or just going for long walks. If the weather is warm enough, I can walk for five hours at a stretch. I hate the cold [weather]. I can’t wait to go out and walk anywhere just to commune with nature.”

The content of LP's note(s) might indicate *why* she decided to 'disappear'... if one of the reasons is related to some of the people who are begging her to come home that might not be helping matters, assuming LP is privy to the pleas.

According to Family on FB she parked in the parking lot across from the playground, in the last spot on the left before the boathouse. She did frequent these trails.
They are saying they really dont think shes there.
They said the public wasnt asked for liability reasons and they knew today was a Long Shot.
(makes sense).
For those new to this case. I think they have reasons to believe that shes alive. Initially SIL had posted on FBook about her leaving a note googling how to change your identity and the Carolinas. The statement was retracted and noone would confirm it afterwards. Turns out the note was true so I'm wondering if they are releasing information bit by bit to keep the public interested and preventing a cold case. I truly think if they thought she had committed suicide they wouldn't be sharing her picture across the nation.
I guess it could be anything, like they said, from family troubles to legal troubles to just needing a break from people around her. I also believe maybe she ran off with someone she met online like a bf or someone else willing to help her. I mean no relationship has been brought up, and I believe everyone has someone. It is also interesting in the public plea they said something like up until her disappearance Lindsey seemed like a normal girl, it wasnt until after she went missing LE found things that were out of the ordinary/distressed (google searches?)- that along with the families Fbook pleas saying were not ashamed of you if your in trouble come home etc.. puts thoughts in my mind that someone might think they are helping her by hiding her but who knows.
Time will Tell.
They basically said anyone can look in the woods. I really think theres reason for them focusing outside the woods.
Oh and her cellphone was IN HER CAR, as previously stated that leads me to believe she waited for someone to get there then deleted the messages and fled. If I were going to try commit suicide I'd take my phone for my last goodbyes for sure- but I'm not Lindsey and I assume they checked all nearby mental hospitals.

Cell phone in car released here & some info on todays search.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/local/bensalem-missing-woman-still-not-found-after-another-search-at/article_3e58d38a-96e6-11e6-97be-db047d2984a5.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

http://6abc.com/news/family-of-missing-bucks-county-woman-seek-answers/1561794/

Can someone tell me what BBM is..
When I googled it Baby Bird Militia came up and some other funny things but nothing that would relate to blogging.

BBM :)

According to Family on FB she parked in the parking lot across from the playground, in the last spot on the left before the boathouse. She did frequent these trails.
They are saying they really dont think shes there.
They said the public wasnt asked for liability reasons and they knew today was a Long Shot.
(makes sense).
For those new to this case. I think they have reasons to believe that shes alive. Initially SIL had posted on FBook about her leaving a note googling how to change your identity and the Carolinas. The statement was retracted and noone would confirm it afterwards. Turns out the note was true so I'm wondering if they are releasing information bit by bit to keep the public interested and preventing a cold case. I truly think if they thought she had committed suicide they wouldn't be sharing her picture across the nation.
I guess it could be anything, like they said, from family troubles to legal troubles to just needing a break from people around her. I also believe maybe she ran off with someone she met online like a bf or someone else willing to help her. I mean no relationship has been brought up, and I believe everyone has someone. It is also interesting in the public plea they said something like up until her disappearance Lindsey seemed like a normal girl, it wasnt until after she went missing LE found things that were out of the ordinary/distressed (google searches?)- that along with the families Fbook pleas saying were not ashamed of you if your in trouble come home etc.. puts thoughts in my mind that someone might think they are helping her by hiding her but who knows.
Time will Tell.
They basically said anyone can look in the woods. I really think theres reason for them focusing outside the woods.
Oh and her cellphone was IN HER CAR, as previously stated that leads me to believe she waited for someone to get there then deleted the messages and fled. If I were going to commit suicide I'd take my phone for my last goodbyes for sure.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/local/bensalem-missing-woman-still-not-found-after-another-search-at/article_3e58d38a-96e6-11e6-97be-db047d2984a5.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Can someone tell me what BBM is..
When I googled it Baby Bird Militia came up and some other funny things but nothing that would relate to blogging.

BBM=Bolded By Me. Meaning, you did not originally bold it in your post, but I did to emphasize it.

Very true. No search method is infallible. Too many variables. Skill of the dogs and handlers, training of the searchers, terrain, weather, density of the foliage, physical condition of the searchers, etc.....

Sounds like a positive outcome today, giving hope to family and friends - I wonder how many searchers they had working?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herr_indoors
Back