GUILTY PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure I'm not the only one in SW PA who remembers Kristen Tatar. See attached article. A lovely idea, a bench at a church. But in looking this up today, I found that the church is now closed. I wonder if the bench is still there.

Photos of the bench can be seen at the In Loving Memory of Kristen Tatar fb page.

Attachments

• Kristen Tatar.JPG
    Kristen Tatar.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 17
Waiting to see the actual coroner's report.

A post-mortem examination was coordinated through the Indiana County Coroner’s Office. On Oct. 23, Indiana County Coroner Jerry Overman Jr. released his official coroner’s report.

Officials said Overman ruled Nalani’s manner of death to be homicide.

NALANI JOHNSON: Woman charged with homicide in 2-year-old's death

Sharena Nancy Charged with Homicide in the death of Nalani Johnson

A post-mortem examination was coordinated through the Indiana County Coroner’s Office. On Oct. 23, Indiana County Coroner Jerry Overman Jr. released his official coroner’s report.

MOO

Waiting to see the actual coroner's report.

Me too. I have no doubt personally that she did it; but how she did it remains a mystery. Drugs, strangulation or smothering?

CCJD, do you know if the coroner's report is available to the public or to the media?

Me too. I have no doubt personally that she did it; but how she did it remains a mystery. Drugs, strangulation or smothering?

CCJD, do you know if the coroner's report is available to the public or to the media?

I haven't seen the final coroner's report online yet. Chances are pretty good that DA Zappala will be on the news this afternoon. Should be interesting to see what he has to say. He's up for reelection this year. He needs to dot his I's and cross his T's on this one. His thinking and/or knowing Sharena did this on her own is one thing. Can he prove it beyond a reasonable doubt?

I'm not totally convinced she did it. I'm leaving open the possibility that little Nalani was already dead when Sharena took off with her. The final coroner's report may change my mind ... or not, depending on what's in it.

"Earlier this week, the Indiana County coroner ruled Johnson’s death a homicide.

The coroner’s report said it was “homicidal violence” that killed Johnson. He also found “small scrapes (and) abrasions’ on both sides of her face.

An unidentified “yellowish substance” was found in Johnson’s stomach.

Natural and accidental causes of death have been ruled out."

Police File Homicide, Abuse Of Corpse Charges Against Woman Accused In Nalani Johnson's Disappearance
Yellowish substance in her stomach- poison of some sort, I would imagine?

I've entertained the idea that she was deceased before she was taken to the park myself, but have sat on my hands as to whether or not LE has the right person in jail- meaning, I have no doubt that she took Nalani to the park and placed her there, but I am not 100% sure that she did this alone, in terms of her death.

Either way, I think of Nalani daily. What an adorable little sweetheart she was. It breaks my heart that this happened to her, that her family has suffered such pain and loss. I hope more answers are coming for them soon.

I haven't seen the final coroner's report online yet. Chances are pretty good that DA Zappala will be on the news this afternoon. Should be interesting to see what he has to say. He's up for reelection this year. He needs to dot his I's and cross his T's on this one. His thinking and/or knowing Sharena did this on her own is one thing. Can he prove it beyond a reasonable doubt?

I'm not totally convinced she did it. I'm leaving open the possibility that little Nalani was already dead when Sharena took off with her. The final coroner's report may change my mind ... or not, depending on what's in it.

Interesting. Why would she take off with a dead child in her car?

Yellowish substance in her stomach- poison of some sort, I would imagine?

I've entertained the idea that she was deceased before she was taken to the park myself, but have sat on my hands as to whether or not LE has the right person in jail- meaning, I have no doubt that she took Nalani to the park and placed her there, but I am not 100% sure that she did this alone, in terms of her death.

Either way, I think of Nalani daily. What an adorable little sweetheart she was. It breaks my heart that this happened to her, that her family has suffered such pain and loss. I hope more answers are coming for them soon.
You’d think the substance could be tested? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t be able to ID that?
It was also mentioned she had abrasions on the sides of her face...what in the world happened??
Nalani was such an adorable lil sweetie, it’s so heartbreaking looking at her photos :(
I hope LE nails this case! MOO

I was wondering the same thing. I have not followed this case as closely as others. But I thought she essentially kidnapped her. Why would she have been dead already when that happened?
Sharena Nancy was in a relationship with Nalani’s dad. Nancy was driving Nalani, Nalani’s dad & the dad’s friend around when supposedly the dad & the friend got out of the car, walked around to get Nalani out of her car seat, Nancy took off. There was some sort of argument happening before they got out. I don’t know if anyone ever reported on what the argument was about.
MOO

I was wondering the same thing. I have not followed this case as closely as others. But I thought she essentially kidnapped her. Why would she have been dead already when that happened?
I'm wondering if Nalani was already deceased- to which she may have panicked while the others fought over what to do with Nalani, out of fear. Maybe she did all of this herself but I am on the fence about it, to be honest. She might have been scared that she wouldn't see her own child again, if she was accused of having something to do with Nalani's death, which happened in the long run.

There's still information, in my eyes, that we aren't being told yet, that leaves me with some questions.

You’d think the substance could be tested? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t be able to ID that?

Paul Martino/KDKA said in his live broadcast that they are still waiting on the toxocology report. But I'm with you. If it was something that Nalani ingested shortly before death (and possibly causing death) you'd think they'd be able to identify the substance.

"There were no visible signs of trauma to Nalani that would have caused her death, according to an autopsy performed Sept. 4 by Dr. Kevin Whaley. However, Whaley noted small scrapes to both sides of the toddler’s face.

There also was a yellowish substance in Nalani’s stomach.

Although the cause of death was not determined, Whaley concluded the girl was dead when she was left in the park and Indiana County Coroner Jerry Overman Jr. ruled the death a homicide.

Overman didn’t release the report publicly and did not return a message seeking comment."

Police: Homicide charges filed in Penn Hills toddler Nalani Johnson case | TribLIVE.com

I'll answer your question with another question. If Nalani was alive when Sharena took off from the Bryant & Clay Drives intersection but Nalani was deceased before being placed in the park, where did she die?
It seems like there are essentially two scenarios.

Either Nalani's father is responsible for her death, and harmed her before he got out of the car...

OR

Sharena was responsible for her death.

I cannot come up with a motive for Nalani's father to kill her at that time. But I can understand a revenge motive for Sharena, wanting to get back at him for their argument and their possible break up. JMO

Last edited:
Sharena Nancy was in a relationship with Nalani’s dad. Nancy was driving Nalani, Nalani’s dad & the dad’s friend around when supposedly the dad & the friend got out of the car, walked around to get Nalani out of her car seat, Nancy took off. There was some sort of argument happening before they got out. I don’t know if anyone ever reported on what the argument was about.
MOO
IIRC, the argument was about the relationship between Sharena and Nalani's dad----possibly he wanted to put a hold on their relationship ? IIRC

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandi72
Back