GUILTY PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm getting so confused! I first heard of this case when msm reported a lyft/uber driver kidnapped a child when she dropped her passengers off. Then it was reported that LE updated to say the driver and Nalani's dad were in a relationship and Nancy took off with Nalani after getting into an argument with dad's friend.

Now it turns out the friend is an uncle but we don't know on whose side. And of the four online funding campaigns the one started by Nalani's father says an uber/lyft driver took Nalani. I'm not sure why he said that. Nancy clearly wasn't acting as a driver for them.

I guess msm just jumped a little too fast and didn't wait for all the info?
Yep, you got it. I can't really fault the media though because in the presser, the Police Superintendent, McDonough, described Justin Rouse as a friend. It was just reported today that he's Nalani's uncle. MOO

SEP 5, 2019
Vigil for Nalani Johnson turns into confusion
Dozens of people came together to honor Nalani Johnson and support her family, but a touching vigil turned into confusion at the end.

[...]

We're not sure why people began arguing, but it escalated quickly after Nalani's mother showed up, as the vigil was wrapping up.

[...]

Several of Nalani's family members were at the vigil and her father, Paul Johnson, spoke to the crowd.

Johnson said, "I just want to say thank you. I’ve never seen so much love in one place."

[...]

What a mess. But leave it to the media to stir the pot with drama and no details or context. Shameful.

You viewed the same video I did.
What else should they have said?
They described the situation and stated that they did not know why people began arguing...they did not speculate.
Pretty objective, IMO.

Blairsville Comes Together To Hold Vigil For Nalani Johnson
"After the vigil family and close family friends of Nalani’s were overrun with emotions and grief, many having a disagreement with one another."

Personally, I find this statement to be more confusing and less informative.
MOO

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Stop arguing as to whether the father is a victim or not. By Websleuths standards, he is considered a victim unless/until LE officially notifies otherwise.

Move on from that discussion please.

Thanks.

SEP 5, 2019
Community in Indiana County remembers Nalani Johnson
[...]

At the site is a large sign with this handwritten message: "There is no pain more terrible and deep than that of losing a precious child. Our hearts grieve for the family and loved ones of sweet Nalani."

nalani-johnson-memorial-2-1567723054.jpg

[...]

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Twitter (Video)
Nalani Johnson would have turned 2 this month. A vigil was held for the little girl last night in Indiana County.
8:02 AM - 6 Sep 2019

What a mess. But leave it to the media to stir the pot with drama and no details or context. Shameful.
The incident became physical and police had to intervene (see video below). I thought Pittsburgh4 actually downplayed it by calling it "confusion." Good on them for keeping it about Nalani. MOO

I know people have said that the Maleah Davis case was completely different to this case but is it though? The partner of one of the children’s parents has killed there child ... there were people in court screaming at Maleah Davis mother to go to hell and calling her a baby killer but we’re all full of excuses for this guy there might not have been any red flags ... mother was probably lying about him to gain a protective order as revenge Dad might have accidentally nearly killed her. seriously? I think before we call him a victim let’s wait and see the police will check nursery and stuff like that and find out if she was being well looked after or not and wether the parents did everything they could to keep her safe and then once he’s cleared I will call him a victim we don’t have enough details on this case to be able to form a correct picture that’s why I say it’s my opinion it isn’t fact because we just don’t know what life was like for that little girl at the moment or wether this could have been prevented

Yeah, it is pretty different actually. Maleah Davis' mother was living with the man who killed her child. Nalani's dad wasn't living with Nancy. For all we know, he may have had NO IDEA about the true danger she posed.

An autopsy for the toddler was performed Wednesday, and authorities revealed Thursday that they can rule out some causes of death.

"I can tell you that there's no sign of trauma, that's been eliminated," Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala told CNN affiliate WTAE. "The baby is fully clothed. She did not die from exposure to the elements, that's been eliminated."

A joint statement from district attorney offices of Allegheny and Indiana counties said "the expectation is that the manner of death will be homicide."
Zappala said he would charge Nancy with criminal homicide in addition to her existing charges.

"There's no evidence that indicates anybody else was responsible for that child being taken from Penn Hills and ultimately being placed in that field, or in the woods in Indiana County," Zappala said. "We have her movement, we have civilian witnesses, we've got technology, we've got -- it's a good case, it's a good case to try."
DA says they have a 'good case' to charge Pennsylvania's alleged kidnapper in her death - CNN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE
Back