GUILTY PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr. G said Ms. Nancy had a son who looked to be about 5. For a time, he said, the boy's father lived in the apartment with them, but he hadn't been seen in the complex since spring.

Ms. Nancy would often leave her son and drive away from the apartment at night, Mr. G said, but it's unclear where she was going. She was an Uber driver, according to another neighbor.

Suspect in Penn Hills child abduction was quiet, friendly, neighbors say

Yeah, it is pretty different actually. Maleah Davis' mother was living with the man who killed her child. Nalani's dad wasn't living with Nancy. For all we know, he may have had NO IDEA about the true danger she posed.
Can you not quote any of my previous posts please I am no longer going back and forth with you

KDKA-TV reported earlier this week that Ms. Nancy has a husband, Raihan Uddin, who said in a video call from overseas that his wife is American and he is Bangladeshi. Allegheny County online records show that Ms. Nancy and Mr. Uddin were married in February 2018.
In an interview conducted Monday through Mr. Uddin's Facebook account, a person believed to be Mr. Uddin, of Dhaka, Bangladesh, wrote, "She told me she never took the child."

He said that he and Ms. Nancy had lived together since April 2017 in New York City, where he was attending college, and then they moved to Pittsburgh. He said they had a child together in June 2018 just before he was taken into immigration custody, where he was until May, when his student visa ran out.

Yeah, it is pretty different actually. Maleah Davis' mother was living with the man who killed her child. Nalani's dad wasn't living with Nancy. For all we know, he may have had NO IDEA about the true danger she posed.
Yes your right he may have no idea or he may have known exactly what She was like you don’t know and neither do i this is pointless we won’t get anywhere with this because for every point you have i have one to shoot back at you and so it goes on and we get nowhere I respect your opinion respect mine

Mr. G said Ms. Nancy had a son who looked to be about 5. For a time, he said, the boy's father lived in the apartment with them, but he hadn't been seen in the complex since spring.

Ms. Nancy would often leave her son and drive away from the apartment at night, Mr. G said, but it's unclear where she was going. She was an Uber driver, according to another neighbor.

I wonder if the 5 year old actually went overseas? Who is the father?

SEP 6, 2019
Investigation into toddler's death continues
The Indiana County coroner’s office continues a study of findings from an autopsy of a Penn Hills girl, whose body was discovered Tuesday in Burrell Township, while prosecutors in Allegheny County virtually declared Thursday that Nalani Johnson was murdered, likely by the woman charged earlier this week in her abduction.

[...]

The cause and manner of Johnson’s death won’t be determined until completion of toxicology and other tests that Overman said could take six weeks or more, “which is frustration for us all.”

Overman didn’t disclose where Nalani Johnson’s body was found. He listed the “time of incident” as 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and put her time of death at 4:12 p.m.

[...]

“The expectation is that the manner of death will be homicide,” Zappala and Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty said in a joint statement publicized Thursday on social media.

[...]

Zappala told Pittsburgh reporters that his office would ask to postpone a preliminary hearing now set for Sept. 16 for Nancy, who was charged with kidnapping of a minor, custodial interference and concealment of the whereabouts of a child, and move forward with court proceedings after adding a homicide charge to the case.

[...]

It remained unclear what led Nancy, whose movements Saturday were captured by cellphone data and security video, to travel Route 22 to the Pine Ridge Park area in Indiana County.

Mike Manko, a spokesman for Zappala, said he didn’t know whether Nancy had an established connection to the area or traveled through Blairsville at random.

[...]

Nalani Johnson would have turned 2 years old Sept. 15.

Yes your right he may have no idea or he may have known exactly what She was like you don’t know and neither do i this is pointless we won’t get anywhere with this because for every point you have i have one to shoot back at you and so it goes on and we get nowhere I respect your opinion respect mine

That's true. I never said I didn't respect your opinion. I'm not trying to argue with you, but just a friendly reminder -- if you are posting an opinion then try to put something such as JMO, MOO, IMO to make it clear. Some of the statements you make came off to me as though you were stating facts. You're right, I don't know and neither do you, that's why I'm not making blanket statements condemning those who may have had nothing to do with this crime. MOO.

SEP 6, 2019
Investigation into toddler's death continues
The Indiana County coroner’s office continues a study of findings from an autopsy of a Penn Hills girl, whose body was discovered Tuesday in Burrell Township, while prosecutors in Allegheny County virtually declared Thursday that Nalani Johnson was murdered, likely by the woman charged earlier this week in her abduction.

[...]

The cause and manner of Johnson’s death won’t be determined until completion of toxicology and other tests that Overman said could take six weeks or more, “which is frustration for us all.”

Overman didn’t disclose where Nalani Johnson’s body was found. He listed the “time of incident” as 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and put her time of death at 4:12 p.m.

[...]

“The expectation is that the manner of death will be homicide,” Zappala and Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty said in a joint statement publicized Thursday on social media.

[...]

Zappala told Pittsburgh reporters that his office would ask to postpone a preliminary hearing now set for Sept. 16 for Nancy, who was charged with kidnapping of a minor, custodial interference and concealment of the whereabouts of a child, and move forward with court proceedings after adding a homicide charge to the case.

[...]

It remained unclear what led Nancy, whose movements Saturday were captured by cellphone data and security video, to travel Route 22 to the Pine Ridge Park area in Indiana County.

Mike Manko, a spokesman for Zappala, said he didn’t know whether Nancy had an established connection to the area or traveled through Blairsville at random.

[...]

Nalani Johnson would have turned 2 years old Sept. 15.

I'm wondering .... if the ME is saying there are no outward signs of trauma (marks of strangulation, blunt force trauma, etc.) and the child didn't pass away due to exposure of the elements, then what options does that leave us with? Could it be something like Nancy took a pillow and put it over the child's face causing suffocation? Is that something that wouldn't necessarily be visible to the eye during a coroner's examination?

My roommate has a job at the Delaware ME"s office and she transcribes the Dr's notes along with highlighting/circling them on a piece of paper that has an image of a stock body. I will have to ask her these questions once I get home from work today, but being as I'm stuck here today for a bit -- my impatience will not allow me to wait.

I'm wondering .... if the ME is saying there are no outward signs of trauma (marks of strangulation, blunt force trauma, etc.) and the child didn't pass away due to exposure of the elements, then what options does that leave us with? Could it be something like Nancy took a pillow and put it over the child's face causing suffocation? Is that something that wouldn't necessarily be visible to the eye during a coroner's examination?
BBM
Snipped for focus

Suffocation or Benadryl overdose would be likely causes of death, IMO.
The coroner will wait until the review of medical records and toxicology report is complete to make a determination.
The exact COD will be very important as to how the DA and the defense attorney present their cases.
MOO

Who actually does autopsies? I thought the coroner was just an elected position with no real qualifications.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office is unique in that it provides two vital functions. We investigate cases of homicide, suicide, accidental deaths, and all natural deaths that are sudden, unexpected or medically unattended. In addition, our state-of-the-art forensic laboratories apply current scientific methods for evidence analysis and investigations to effectively assist law enforcement, the judicial court systems, and health and environmental agencies.

What is conspicuously absent from the Coroner's report is any mention of Allegheny County M.E. Office so I'm guessing that nobody from ACME was even present. Actually makes sense since Nalani was found in Indiana County.

"Assisting Agencies Pennsylvania State Police, Allegheny County Police, FBI, Indiana County District Attorney, Allegheny County District Attorney"

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/wp-c...019/09/190903-1-PUBLIC-INFORMATION-REPORT.pdf

What is conspicuously absent from the Coroner's report is any mention of Allegheny County M.E. Office so I'm guessing that nobody from ACME was even present. Actually makes sense since Nalani was found in Indiana County.

"Assisting Agencies Pennsylvania State Police, Allegheny County Police, FBI, Indiana County District Attorney, Allegheny County District Attorney"

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/wp-c...019/09/190903-1-PUBLIC-INFORMATION-REPORT.pdf

Interesting. We crossed posts and I was guessing at the Allegheny County ME, but your link cleared that up.

was anyone able to figure out what it looked like Nancy was purchasing at Sheetz? could it of been a small container of milk? MOO

I went to Sheetz and looked at all of the milk items in the coolers, nothing looked small and square. I plan to look again tonight though. I want to see what the Benadryl and antifreeze containers look like.

My roommate has a job at the Delaware ME"s office and she transcribes the Dr's notes along with highlighting/circling them on a piece of paper that has an image of a stock body. I will have to ask her these questions once I get home from work today, but being as I'm stuck here today for a bit -- my impatience will not allow me to wait.
Yes, suffocation seems like a likely possibility as well as overdose as @rkendmar mentioned. I look forward to hearing what your roommate has to say. MOO

Oh please do and report back!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back