Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine too. Reading between the lines (all speculation and MOO):

1. She has Uber/Lyft stickers on her car but drives jitney, no "official" trips (according to Uber) on a very busy weekend - maybe she was kicked off those services for bad customer experiences? I use these a lot so know that if you give someone 3 or 4 stars for being odd, bad driving, etc., they will get their driving privileges revoked.

2. Her husband (albeit through no choice of his own) left and took a child with him - maybe it was so she could work, maybe it was because she was emotionally unstable.

3. Her husband saying she COULD have done this - why would he say that? What does he know that we don't?

I am always HIGHLY suspicious of stories like this from a Dad - but in this case, I believe him. Though the story is very bizarre, she is in custody and unlike other stories, she's not an imaginary nanny, a mysterious armed black man, a group of Hispanics, etc...all the made-up perps often used in cases like these that child-abuser/murderers like to blame. Agree with those that say if he had anything to do with it, why immediately point the finger at his accomplice? Best to wait a few days, even till evening, to make sure the exchange went down, then to call police and make up a more plausible "she wandered off" story.
All really good points!

A couple of things I’m wondering about:

She had Uber & Lyft stickers. Did she ever actually drive for them?

Her husband said she was “cut off” by her parents a couple of years ago. I wonder why?

Water search teams aren't randomly searching near Delmont which is straight out Rt 22 where the jitney driver was last seen on surveillance cameras in Monroeville. :(
Crews Search Westmoreland Co. Land, Water For 2-Year-Old Nalani Johnson

The targeted areas were chosen “because of the waterway and how it goes over 22, and how the vehicle did travel the Route 22 corridor,” Lt. Watson Smith Jr. with the New Alexandria Fire Department explained.

We know the jitney driver had her phone with her because she was communicating with her husband. Surely by now the FBI has followed her phone pings and knows almost exactly where she traveled with Nalani in her car. I wish they'd release this info so search efforts could be more precise. Time is running out!

Are we positive Dad called 911? Or did his friend dial 911 and hand him the phone? Who dialed 911? Who was first to speak w/ the 911 operator? That is what I'd like to know. I dont necessarily want to hear someone in distress on a 911 call but want to be sure of those details.

But what if the police had caught her BEFORE the handoff? Why would he sabotage his own plan?

ETA I’m not arguing with you—you’re making good points. I’m just trying to make anything make sense!

I know your not arguing with me, you bring up lots of good points too for one to think about. We know he was calling her before he called the police so only time will tell if the police can find out if those phone calls were actually answered or not.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that Nalani was sold but I thought this article was interesting as it addresses the demand for US kids in Canada and Western Europe.
This article is about legal adoptions of US infants not illegal selling, but interesting nonetheless.

https://psmag.com/news/outgoing-adoption-americas-unseen-export-children-black-84084
"When it comes to the adoption of black infants, the European market is all demand and America all supply. Social acceptance of single parenthood, the accessibility of contraception, and the legalization of abortion have drastically reduced the number of children available for adoption domestically in much of Western Europe, and U.S. agencies have emerged to meet the demand."

All really good points!

A couple of things I’m wondering about:

She had Uber & Lyft stickers. Did she ever actually drive for them?

Her husband said she was “cut off” by her parents a couple of years ago. I wonder why?

Or she's crazy. Maybe this is the reason she is estranged from her parents.

Yes! I had forgotten about the estrangement from her parents. Another potential red flag. Too late to edit my original post. Glad to hear of the press conference. Fingers crossed for Nalani!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper