Found Deceased PA - Nicole Murray, 24, Poconos, 3 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So sorry. Auto correct. *advertiser censored* is *advertiser censored*. So sorry again.

Please don't feel bad at all. I don't think anyone is the least bit upset. Actually, it provided a good smile and laugh for us..

More often than I care to admit, I've been saved from making very similar typos after a last minute 'OMG' preview reading.

( Actually, I'm the Queen of typos, in general. Never see most of them until they're posted. )

So please don't feel bad. We all understand. Could happen to any of us. We're not laughing at you at all. We're laughing with you...

Just Added to NamUs: MP # 42174

Nicole-Murray-MISSING-PERSON-Philadelphia-800x445.jpg

http://pennsylvania.missing.report/nicole-murray-philadelphia/

NamUs >>> Click Report >>> Case Report:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/42174

Is this Jane Doe possibly Nichole Murray? Jane Doe was estimated to weighed approximately 89 pounds, her hair was shaved off and was wearing Merrell hiking shoes. Nichole was reported to weigh as little as 95 pounds, but I imagine she could weigh less if she was involved with drugs as her mother says. She had dyed bright red hair, so it would make sense to shave it off to make her less identifiable. And finally, if she was headed to the Poconos, it would make sense for her to bring along hikin shoes.

Jane Doe was found in Wappinger, NY. Approximately 2.5 hours from Tannersville, PA and 3.5 hours from Philadelphia.

Is this Jane Doe possibly Nichole Murray? Jane Doe was estimated to weighed approximately 89 pounds, her hair was shaved off and was wearing Merrell hiking shoes. Nichole was reported to weigh as little as 95 pounds, but I imagine she could weigh less if she was involved with drugs as her mother says. She had dyed bright red hair, so it would make sense to shave it off to make her less identifiable. And finally, if she was headed to the Poconos, it would make sense for her to bring along hikin shoes.

Jane Doe was found in Wappinger, NY. Approximately 2.5 hours from Tannersville, PA and 3.5 hours from Philadelphia.

Also 5'3"
https://patch.com/new-york/midhudsonvalley/womans-body-found-wappinger-creek

I have family who lives directly across from where she was found and have heard a variety. This is the first I am hearing of her hair being shaved off. Where is the source of this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if this is helpful, but check this out.
http://www.poconorecord.com/news/20180201/accused-human-trafficker-arrested
John “Bobby” Lupo, Aka, Robert Lupo

It’s to coincidental that he was in Tannersville the same time Nicole was. The same day he was picked up, Nicole vanished. Please look into this *advertiser censored*!

I did send this info to Det. Lippincott as well as spoke to her about it. She stated that they have ID’ed the women involved as well as the ones on his electronic devices. But, she will check again.

Hilarious! On another note, when you say ‘ID’ed’ the women involved, are you saying the woman found in Wappinger Creek has been identified? Slightly confused. Thanks

I respectfully disagree with the idea of this being Nichole Murray. The tattoos would make her easy to identify since they are unique to each individual. There is no mention of this woman having any identifying marks except ‘small ears.’ LE seems very eager to identify her and are making pleas for the public’s help. I would think the tattoos would be their go to.

I respectfully disagree with the idea of this being Nichole Murray. The tattoos would make her easy to identify since they are unique to each individual. There is no mention of this woman having any identifying marks except ‘small ears.’ LE seems very eager to identify her and are making pleas for the public’s help. I would think the tattoos would be their go to.

You could be right. Since you have family nearby, any idea why no hair color or ethnicity? What state of decomposition was the body in?

I have family that lives directly across from where she found. It hasn’t been determined if her body was dumped or if that is where she died. If she was dumped there, it most likely was someone who was local. It’s not a place you would know even existed unless you are familiar with the area.

You could be right. Since you have family nearby, any idea why no hair color or ethnicity? What state of decomposition was the body in?

Most of it is town gossip among the local residents, guys talking about in the hunting club.. that sorta thing. A lot of them hunt back there, so it’s a hot topic... a woman’s body being found on their hunting grounds. Get a few men drinking and the imaginations run wild.

The State Police are being tight lipped about it. It’s a quiet close knit area, and last thing they want to do is stir up rumors with a homicide, until they have all the facts. So... to answer your question... what the State Police posted in their NewsRoom Bulletin is all I know.

There is a heavy population of Hispanic’s living in and around Poughkeepsie which is only about 10 minutes away. If I had to speculate, her ethnicity wasn’t immediately apparent as White, Hispanic or other so they are waiting to confirm with an autopsy before stating.

I was stopped on Maloney Road that Tuesday night only a few hours after she was found and asked if ‘I had seen any suspicious vehicles in the area over the last couple of days.’ The story hadn’t even hit the news wave at that point. So... Again, speculating here... she was only there for the ‘last couple of days’ and asking about ‘suspicious vehicles’ suggests her body was dumped. Just sayin’!!!

A previous post from another sleuther said her ‘head was shaved.’ This is the first Im hearing of it so waiting to hear back on the source. If this is fact, then this would explain why there is no hair color stated in the description.

I also want to mention that the Dutchess Rail Trail runs right by where she was found. It was in the high 50’s on the Sunday and Monday before. Given the fact she was wearing Merrell hiking shoes... I’m thinking that’s not a coincidence. Also, one of the bridges of the Trail is close by ‘Myers Corners Road’ .... ‘MYC’ - possible she jotted down a quick landmark???? Just sayin!!!!

On NAMUS it says she likely died in 2017/2018 with a postmortem of months. Her body had significant decomposition or putrefaction, possibly making it impossible to identify the tattoos? Ears are made of cartilage, so maybe they decompose my slowly?

I definitely agree it is a bit of a long shot and that she is more likely from a more local area.

I was stopped on Maloney Road that Tuesday night only a few hours after she was found and asked if ‘I had seen any suspicious vehicles in the area over the last couple of days.’ The story hadn’t even hit the news wave at that point. So... Again, speculating here... she was only there for the ‘last couple of days’ and asking about ‘suspicious vehicles’ suggests her body was dumped. Just sayin’!!!

It says on NAMUS that there was significant decomposition and that she likely died months before the body was found.

It says on NAMUS that there was significant decomposition and that she likely died months before the body was found.

Yeah, I saw that on NAMUS yesterday after the ME updated it yesterday morning. Also saw the ‘no hair’ part. Totally my bad, I hadn’t looked at it recently, so I stand corrected.

Yeah, I saw that on NAMUS yesterday after the ME updated it yesterday morning. Also saw the ‘no hair’ part. Totally my bad, I hadn’t looked at it recently, so I stand corrected.

I still think your assumption that it is not Nicole is probably correct. Given that she had merrill hiking shoes and the Dutchess Rail Trail is nearby, it seems more likely that this was a hiker that ran into foul play or suicide.

I still think your assumption that it is not Nicole is probably correct. Given that she had merrill hiking shoes and the Dutchess Rail Trail is nearby, it seems more likely that this was a hiker that ran into foul play or suicide.

The one thing that baffles me is how she is dressed. It usually gets cold here around late October. If she has been there a couple of months, then it would be too cold to only be wearing a sweater, especially when she has little body fat to keep her warm.

Also, her outfit in general doesn’t seem to be keeping up with the latest trends. I’m not trying to be the fashion police here, but black sweater, pink ****, white pants with purple/gray hiking boots? It just seems like an unusual ensemble and not the way the teenagers or 20 year olds dress these days, at least not in this area. I’m thinking she may be actually be a bit older. We don’t have any missing persons in this area that fit her description.

One theory... again ... theory!!! There is a substantially higher amount of Domestic Violence victims there are in Dutchess County... some 30,000 reported cases. This is mostly because of the DV shelter we have in the area known as The Grace Smith House. Many victims from all over have fled to there to escape their abuser and then let out on the streets or they go to the Homeless Shelter after 3 months, though they do everything they can to prevent that.

If this is a women who fled from another area to escape her abuser she may have left her belongings behind, which could also explain how she was dressed. (Lack of options such as donated clothing items, a coat, etc...) Maybe her abuser caught up with her somehow. Then to go even further... perhaps the reason why no one has reported her as ‘missing’ is because they assume she split to get away and she is ‘safe’ at a shelter (or they know she is dead.)

Just a theory. One of many possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocky.marie
Back