PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we've had the reports, I think several points should be made:

1. Neither opinion is admissible evidence, in terms of prosecuting. They may have been admissible in relation to corroborating Victim 6's story (though Sandusky provided corroboration).

2. At the time, Seasock was not a licensed psychologist, and did not have his Ph. D.

3. Based on the police report, which not complete, Dr. Chambers' report was sent to the DA's Office. It is not clear that Seasock's report was, but it was written at a time when the police report was incomplete.

4. Lauro claims to have never seen neither report, and has said that this would have changed his finding. The finding by DPW would have different than grounds for prosecuting.

Lauro apparently never contacted Dr. Chambers, at least he never claimed to have contacted her nor has Chambers claimed that he did.

I've been out of the loop on this case for a while. I hadn't realized that Cyril Wecht thinks that the way Mr. Gricar's car and laptop were found indicates the scene was staged. Apparently Mr. Wecht believes that Mr. Gricar's disappearance is connected to the Sandusky case. Maybe Mr. Gricar had that lawyerly instict that someday all hell would break loose with regard to Sandusky's misdeeds. So he got out while the getting was good.

It's possible Mr. Gricar could be in the Witness Protection Program. I do wonder at times what else he may have known or been involved with -- if not related to Sandusky then perhaps something else. I've been thinking he walked away, but couldn't put my finger on why. If he felt he needed to escape from something, the way he did it makes sense -- it would lead many to feel something nefarious happened. Whatever it was, he clearly didn't feel he could tie it up nice and neat by waiting until he retired, close though he was to that golden date. He may have been concerned something was afoot, and had his escape plan in place. He put it into motion when no one would expect it, and split while things were still calm.

It's possible Mr. Gricar could be in the Witness Protection Program. I do wonder at times what else he may have known or been involved with -- if not related to Sandusky then perhaps something else. I've been thinking he walked away, but couldn't put my finger on why. If he felt he needed to escape from something, the way he did it makes sense -- it would lead many to feel something nefarious happened. Whatever it was, he clearly didn't feel he could tie it up nice and neat by waiting until he retired, close though he was to that golden date. He may have been concerned something was afoot, and had his escape plan in place. He put it into motion when no one would expect it, and split while things were still calm.

It would have had to have been a personal plan, not the actual Witness Security Program. The government might not have said anything immediately, but they would never had let this publicity live on. It will be seven years on Sunday.

Feels more like a personal plan. Perhaps he sensed something brewing -- and wasn't sure when it might hit the fan...get out soon, without raising any suspicions, leave the car in an obvious place, throw the hard drive down when no one's looking -- make it look like he was (somehow) abducted (in broad daylight?). Then -- make a break for it. No one will be the wiser until the next day, at which time he'd be long gone. Smart people know how to reinvent themselves, and Mr. Gricar was no slouch in that department. Never knew him, but he seemed like a shrewd soul who kept much inside.

Feels more like a personal plan. Perhaps he sensed something brewing -- and wasn't sure when it might hit the fan...get out soon, without raising any suspicions, leave the car in an obvious place, throw the hard drive down when no one's looking -- make it look like he was (somehow) abducted (in broad daylight?). Then -- make a break for it. No one will be the wiser until the next day, at which time he'd be long gone. Smart people know how to reinvent themselves, and Mr. Gricar was no slouch in that department. Never knew him, but he seemed like a shrewd soul who kept much inside.

There is a theory that RFG was worried about some former defendant coming after him and left on his own. Of course, some former defendant, out of prison, might have come after him.

I'm looking for evidence, and not seeing any of either possibility.

Tomorrow, 4/15, will be the seventh anniversary of Ray Gricar's disappearance.

Sara Ganim names names! http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/04/ray_gricar_mystery.html

As previously indicated:

RFG had a reputation as a ladies man. One thing I didn't know was that after he divorced Emma, he asked a nurse named Day to marry him. He hooked up with PEF after that, 18 months after the 2001 divorce.

One of the fights Emma had, that prompted the Cleveland trip, was over the purchase of furniture. Brenda and Eddie. You will also note that the relationship was "tumultuous."

The police thought the "Mystery Woman" was former WJAC reporter and, at the time, PR person for the AG's office, Barbara Petito; they met covering the "Spring Dawn" case: http://ffh.films.com/id/4937/Spring_Dawn.html As previously noted, she was confirmed to be in NY state (I think Long Island).

The Southfield Sighting has not been ruled out.

You will note that RFG talked to someone in the public defender's office about erasing the laptop. While no name was given, you might note both my fondness for saying that there was something on the laptop that RFG "never wanted to see the light of day" and my fondness for Latin. :) (That is primarily for the "Macadamia Ranch" folks.)

You will also note that RFG generally used credit cards.

Ugh. What a tease...

Now living in Montgomery County, Emma Gricar declined to comment for this story, however she did say that she is working on a book about their relationship and Gricar's disappearance.

She also said she remembers Gricar talking about the now-infamous police investigation of Sandusky in 1998 which did not lead to charges until a grand jury met 13 years later but declined to talk about it.

And there was some sort of a meeting with Gricar, Schreffler, and Harmon at PSU on 10/13/98, involving an investigation, but we don't know the subject.

And there was some sort of a meeting with Gricar, Schreffler, and Harmon at PSU on 10/13/98, involving an investigation, but we don't know the subject.

I was surprised to see that Fran Ganter's name was linked to that meeting. For those who don't know, Ganter was, at the time, PSU football's offensive coordinator, basically the offense's equivalent to Sandusky.

There is no way to know if this meeting was related to the earlier Sandusky investigation or not, but the cast of players certainly leads to speculation.

JJ: it wasn't Harmon there, was it?

"...some sort of a meeting with Gricar, Schreffler, and Harmon at PSU on 10/13/98, involving an investigation, "

JJ: it wasn't Harmon there, was it?

"...some sort of a meeting with Gricar, Schreffler, and Harmon at PSU on 10/13/98, involving an investigation, "

You're right!

It's Ralston, the State College Police Officer! WTH was he doing there?

That's interesting. It raises the odds that this was about Sandusky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25