GUILTY PA - Satyavathi, 61, & Saanvi Venna, 10 mos, slain, King of Prussia, 22 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm new here but following along closely - so worried about this sweet baby... this happened close by to where we live..

According to this source, the reward has been increased to 50K.

hmmm - don't know why I can't post the link...

All, this is a South Indian Hindu Family. The Hindu culture of this state is to take the family name of the male on marriage. The girl is wearing a bindi, easy to tell she is a hindu. They are a telugu family from the state of Andhra Pradesh. Unlikely they speak any Hindi. The frequent movement across the country is probably because of employment with a Consultancy Company. ~ South Indian from their State

Thank you very much for this information and clarification, and welcome to WS, Jawmetri.

I just stopped at a local grocery store about 10 minutes away, and there were flyers posted. There was also an Amber Alert on top of a lotto machine.

I hope she is brought home safely.

' Incised wounds of the neck and chest?' So they slit her throat?

That does not sound like a random robbery gone bad. This seems like a vengeance killing.

That does not sound like a random robbery gone bad. This seems like a vengeance killing.

yep, the same thing hit me like a freight train when I read it.

No, it sure as heck doesn't. ITA

The grandmother had just arrived recently from India? Is that correct? I know I read that earlier but I am not sure if that has changed.

I wonder if there was anything going on back home that followed her here.

The grandmother had just arrived recently from India? Is that correct? I know I read that earlier but I am not sure if that has changed.

I wonder if there was anything going on back home that followed her here.

Think the grandmother came in August?...not positive. What's your thought on the abductor being a woman wanting a child?

Grandmother came in July.

Think the grandmother came in August?...not positive. What's your thought on the abductor being a woman wanting a child?

That is how I'm leaning, simply because I cannot think of any other reason why the child would be taken from the scene...If their intent was to kill the child, why wouldn't they do that right there in the house? And what motive would there even be to kill her? It's not like she would be able to ID anyone.

She is 18 months old though...nobody is going to be able to pass her off as their own. Most baby snatchers target newborns. I suppose someone could claim they adopted her.

The only other reason I can think of is a sexual motivation, and I don't even want to let my mind go there :(

18 months old...I know my DD would flip if I so much as turned my back on her at that age. She must be so scared. (I am assuming she is still alive until something tells me otherwise-My heart can't take another murdered child)

ETA-Just read about the child kidnapping epidemic in India...I had no idea! How awful :( That makes me lean more towards a ransom kidnapping, which I hadn't even thought of because they are so unusual here.

That is what I was originally hoping, but it seems she would have tried to avoid slitting a grandmothers throat in doing so. Couldn't she find a less violent way to grab a baby? And why not try for an infant if you want a baby to raise?

The only way that makes sense to me is if she is the ex-baby sitter or something like that. Did they have a nanny before grandma came to stay?

I have known some very creepy, possessive nanny types.

That is how I'm leaning, simply because I cannot think of any other reason why the child would be taken from the scene...If their intent was to kill the child, why wouldn't they do that right there in the house? And what motive would there even be to kill her? It's not like she would be able to ID anyone.

She is 18 months old though...nobody is going to be able to pass her off as their own. Most baby snatchers target newborns. I suppose someone could claim they adopted her.

The only other reason I can think of is a sexual motivation, and I don't even want to let my mind go there :(

18 months old...I know my DD would flip if I so much as turned my back on her at that age. She must be so scared. (I am assuming she is still alive until something tells me otherwise-My heart can't take another murdered child)

Re mind go there....my mind is stopping at someone (granted a sick someone) fell in love with the child and over time lost the ability to act rational. Child at least be alive.

Though you are right....Saavni is likely very scared. Heart breaking to think.....

Re mind go there....my mind is stopping at someone (granted a sick someone) fell in love with the child and over time lost the ability to act rational. Child at least be alive.

Though you are right....Saavni is likely very scared. Heart breaking to think.....

After just now reading about the rash of ransom kidnappings in India, I am starting to lean more towards that as a possible scenario. It would explain why investigators are being so tight lipped and saying that releasing information could put the child in danger. That makes it sound almost like they are negotiating with someone.

Apparently it took a very long time for the parents to conceive Saavni...my heart just breaks for them. She is such a beautiful child.

That is what I was originally hoping, but it seems she would have tried to avoid slitting a grandmothers throat in doing so. Couldn't she find a less violent way to grab a baby? And why not try for an infant if you want a baby to raise?

The only way that makes sense to me is if she is the ex-baby sitter or something like that. Did they have a nanny before grandma came to stay?

I have known some very creepy, possessive nanny types.

Sentence in bold offers a possibility. Saavni would have been about 7mos old when grandmother came to US.

After just now reading about the rash of ransom kidnappings in India, I am starting to lean more towards that as a possible scenario. It would explain why investigators are being so tight lipped and saying that releasing information could put the child in danger. That makes it sound almost like they are negotiating with someone.

Apparently it took a very long time for the parents to conceive Saavni...my heart just breaks for them. She is such a beautiful child.

BBM

Read that also re conceive but have been unable to find the article again. Have to admit have wondered if Saavni was their biological child.

Edited to add:

Meet the Parents: The Dark Side of Overseas Adoption

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2009/03/meet-parents-dark-side-overseas-adoption

Those are really interesting possibilities, imo. One, that a former nanny was obsessed
with the baby and came back and took her. Or two, a birth-parent found her and came to take her back. And three, a basic kidnapping for ransom case. The first two are better scenarios for her safety, imo.

Those are really interesting possibilities, imo. One, that a former nanny was obsessed
with the baby and came back and took her. Or two, a birth-parent found her and came to take her back. And three, a basic kidnapping for ransom case. The first two are better scenarios for her safety, imo.

Am leaning towards 1 or 2...would seem the need to kill the grandmother would fit those scenarios?

I think the last two. But the 1st one might be same as 3rd one

R.I.P. Autumn

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member