PA PA - Uniontown, WhtFem 30-45, UP16509, in big rig accident, cigs, keychain, clothes, jewelry, May'86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FL had a Missing Person's Day at USF. People came in and gave DNA swabs and we put the missing person in NAMUS and put the DNA in for them. No problem. And I agree it is not like TV.

Every state should be so progressive! Florida and Nevada seem to have a large number of UIDs, maybe someone in government in Florida ponied up some funding to try to clear some of their backlog with DNA testing.
I did Ancestry DNA testing and now have 531 further cousins or closer in the system. This kind of database could be used, along with forensic genealogy, to identify UIDs such as the Uniontown Jane Doe.

Every state should be so progressive! Florida and Nevada seem to have a large number of UIDs, maybe someone in government in Florida ponied up some funding to try to clear some of their backlog with DNA testing.
I did Ancestry DNA testing and now have 531 further cousins or closer in the system. This kind of database could be used, along with forensic genealogy, to identify UIDs such as the Uniontown Jane Doe.

I have seen somewhere advertised that New Jersey and Pennsylvania are having the same Missing Person day sometime in May (on different days) with the same actions as Skully described above in Florida. I think its done on yearly basis in many states.

I have seen somewhere advertised that New Jersey and Pennsylvania are having the same Missing Person day sometime in May (on different days) with the same actions as Skully described above in Florida. I think its done on yearly basis in many states.

Great News.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes NYC is having it also
http://www.cb14brooklyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/NYCMPD17-Eng.pdf

Office of Chief Medical Examiner to host support event for families and friends of missing persons on Saturday, May 20, 2017

What: New York City Missing Persons Day connects New Yorkers with resources and support to help identify and find their missing loved ones. Families and friends of long-term missing persons (missing for more than 60 days) may participate in interviews with experts and provide information that can help make identifications. Emotional support services are also available to all attendees.

All families and friends of long-term missing persons are welcome. Attendees wishing to be interviewed are strongly encouraged to make an appointment by calling (212) 323-1201. Providing information is voluntary and used only for identification purposes. Interpretation services are available.

When: Saturday, May 20, 2017 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Where: NYC Office of Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) – Hirsch Building 421 East 26th Street (at 1st Avenue) New York, NY 10016 Subway: 6 train to 33rd Street; Bus: M15, M34 This facility is accessible. Accommodation requests are appreciated in advance.

Why: More than 13,000 people were reported missing in New York City last year, with many, including at least 200 children, missing long term. Nationwide, there are more than 87,000 active missing persons cases, and thousands of unidentified persons in the custody of medical examiner’s offices, without information entered into national identification databases. New York City Missing Persons Day lets loved ones share information, such as photos, histories, and DNA samples, that can help identify and find those who went missing in New York City, and other jurisdictions.

Now in its third year, New York City Missing Persons Day has served hundreds of families, and is credited with leading to seven identifications of missing persons in the New York metropolitan area since its launch in 2014.

Who: Hosted by OCME, in partnership with the NYPD Missing Persons Unit, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, NYC Office of Emergency Management, American Red Cross, Disaster Chaplaincy Services, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs), and the Center for Hope, with support from the National Institute of Justice.

For more information, please visit nyc.gov/ocme, or call (212) 323-1201.

Namus add postmortem photo of this woman

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16509

Thanks - I think this is also the first time we've seen a picture of the keychain etc? I still am of the opinion that our JD was a sex worker working truck stops. Is anyone on here a member of reddit? There are some many threads on there around long haul trucking, 'lot lizards', etc. I wonder if that might be a good place to spread some pictures of our JD and see if there are any old-timers on there who might remember her or who might have some good intel about this area? I can barely even figure out how Reddit works!

Recently, I was down in Florida from Saskatchewan, Canada (the third province from the west) visiting Disney world. It's an amazing place. I found their finger print process whereby you place your finger tip on a piece of glass and present your pass. This prevents any other person from using that pass. If this technology is available to Disney world, law enforcement etc. should be able to instantly compare finger prints of unidentified people with the finger prints of those who are in the finger print system. It would be good if every person was finger printed at birth. Perhaps, we would not be going through the struggles of determining the identity of people who do not carry identity papers or have had their identity papers taken from them.

So many people just get forgotten about in life. When they go missing, nobody puts up a red flag or seems interested enough to contact authorities. It's very sad. It would get to be a bigger problem if our unidentified woman is an illegal alien.

This is a long shot, but has anyone suggested Ruth Johnson Barber? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barber_ruth.html

She does not have a Namus profile (as far as I can find) so I don't know how she could be submitted.
Hi Gardener!

Here's a very quick side by side of JD and Ruth. Certainly some similarities around the nose and mouth shapes and the physical descriptions are close enough.

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 1.29.43 PM.png

If you search Ruth's case on facebook there is a post about her from a couple of years back from a missing persons page that has some comments on it from a daughter. The comment suggests that she thinks there is a chance RB didn't meet with foul play at the time she went missing.

It might be worth submitting this? There are so few missing persons that match JD's build.

Hi Gardener!

Here's a very quick side by side of JD and Ruth. Certainly some similarities around the nose and mouth shapes and the physical descriptions are close enough.

attachment.php

If you search Ruth's case on facebook there is a post about her from a couple of years back from a missing persons page that has some comments on it from a daughter. The comment suggests that she thinks there is a chance RB didn't meet with foul play at the time she went missing.

It might be worth submitting this? There are so few missing persons that match JD's build.

Thanks, Sunny! You are always so good at sleuthing social media. Ruth has the same height and weight range as the JD which caught my attention. Now that you post the pics, I definitely see a similarity in the chin and nose shape more than I did before. The eyebrows and hair are different but if her hair grew out to it's natural color and she stopped plucking her brows in that shape Ruth could look even more like Jane Doe. Ruth was working at a club when she disappeared --which I was thinking could also explain the key chain JD had-- and she left her purse in the cab and left on foot. Is it possible she spent 2 years hitchhiking around the country before her death? I don't know.

If you or someone else knows how to submit Ruth as a possible match, please do!

Thanks, Sunny! You are always so good at sleuthing social media. Ruth has the same height and weight range as the JD which caught my attention. Now that you post the pics, I definitely see a similarity in the chin and nose shape more than I did before. The eyebrows and hair are different but if her hair grew out to it's natural color and she stopped plucking her brows in that shape Ruth could look even more like Jane Doe. Ruth was working at a club when she disappeared --which I was thinking could also explain the key chain JD had-- and she left her purse in the cab and left on foot. Is it possible she spent 2 years hitchhiking around the country before her death? I don't know.

If you or someone else knows how to submit Ruth as a possible match, please do!

The JD may have had someone do her makeup etc to make her more presentable for the post mortem pics so that could also account for some of the differences in appearance. I'm happy to submit this one - I might not get a chance for another day or so but I will do it and keep you all posted.

The JD may have had someone do her makeup etc to make her more presentable for the post mortem pics so that could also account for some of the differences in appearance. I'm happy to submit this one - I might not get a chance for another day or so but I will do it and keep you all posted.

Thank you, Sunny! You Rock!

Just came acrossed this JD, and started looking into the details and
I am so confused on the details of this case.
What is posted on the NAMUS site is totally different from what is on the Pennsylvania unidentified page.

Namus says she was burned and unrecognizable, puts her at 120lbs, and that she had no hair (burnt?).

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16596

The Pennsylvania page says 170lbs and brown hair. The namus link is on this page under sources.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/springhilljane5286.html

Are these two pages the same Jane doe, or did something get mixed up. Anyone know?

If it is the same, is that a wig in the picture of JD? Could her hair maybe have been a different color and brown was just put down because of body hair etc.?

Just came acrossed this JD, and started looking into the details and
I am so confused on the details of this case.
What is posted on the NAMUS site is totally different from what is on the Pennsylvania unidentified page.

Namus says she was burned and unrecognizable, puts her at 120lbs, and that she had no hair (burnt?).

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16596

The Pennsylvania page says 170lbs and brown hair. The namus link is on this page under sources.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/springhilljane5286.html

Are these two pages the same Jane doe, or did something get mixed up. Anyone know?

If it is the same, is that a wig in the picture of JD? Could her hair maybe have been a different color and brown was just put down because of body hair etc.?

That Namus is a different JD. The date found on that page says Oct 28 1987 and the JD in this thread was found May 1986.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back