PA PA - Uniontown, WhtFem 30-45, UP16509, in big rig accident, cigs, keychain, clothes, jewelry, May'86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did not submit it as a potential match to NamUs. I did speak with a relative on Facebook chat though. The sister of Victoria Shoupe doesn't think that the Jane Doe is her. That certainly doesn't count for everything but it is a bothersome point.

Was that based on not thinking it looked like her or on the circumstances?

A relative I spoke to showed another relative, who knew the victim well, the Jane Doe photo. The negative response was based on the photo.

Definitely not rule-out material by any stretch but a bit of a momentum killer. I think they have dentals for both so perhaps that will lead to a match if someone presses it. But if the family isn't pressing it then far be it from me to do it.

Yep, could happen.
I spoke to someone (not with LE) who said that the thought is that she hitched a ride with the driver at a truck stop somewhere. There is not much possibility that she is local.

Since this is in my area and I have done what I could with Mr. Bones (DNA has been or will soon be taken from living relatives of PMB), I think I'll concentrate on this case.

If we knew where the truck was coming from and going to we might map truck stops along the way to get started.

Anyone want to take a guess at her ethnic background? Asian? Hispanic? African-American? Part of one or more of the above?
Having isotope testing done to determine where she grew up would be great but is probably not going to happen.

I found a news article where she was described as white but had characteristics that the coroner called either negro, American Indian, or Asian.

A relative I spoke to showed another relative, who knew the victim well, the Jane Doe photo. The negative response was based on the photo.

Definitely not rule-out material by any stretch but a bit of a momentum killer. I think they have dentals for both so perhaps that will lead to a match if someone presses it. But if the family isn't pressing it then far be it from me to do it.

I might go ahead and submit her.

I have submitted Victoria Shoupe as a possible match. I appreciate that her family don't think it's her but the matching attributes combined with IMO the strong physical likeness makes me feel they should really look at it. Hopefully dentals can be compared to give an easy answer.

I have submitted Victoria Shoupe as a possible match. I appreciate that her family don't think it's her but the matching attributes combined with IMO the strong physical likeness makes me feel they should really look at it. Hopefully dentals can be compared to give an easy answer.
Thank you for doing that. If it does turn out to be Victoria, her family will be so grateful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good. I hope that at the least she is listed as a rule out so that no one in the future goes down this path. But hopefully it's more fruitful than that.

Well, anything is possible but I wonder how a killer would go about it. Kill someone, then wait for a truck to crash on her, or kill someone and drive around until he found a wrecked truck, then slide the body underneath? In all seriousness, there is no indication other than she was a rider in a rig that crashed. We can too easily go Colonel Mustard on these cases.
I do think that she would be a good case for DNA Doe Network. Way back upthread I decried the fact that we don’t use commercial DNA for these UIDs, and someone else suggested that GEDmatch could be used. Now both are.

I do think that she would be a good case for DNA Doe Network. Way back upthread I decried the fact that we don’t use commercial DNA for these UIDs, and someone else suggested that GEDmatch could be used. Now both are.

I suggested her when they called for submissions on their facebook page. There are so many UIDs who've been suggested, I can't see them getting around to her but you never know. The thing that makes me sad about this case is that I believe it's only DNA that will solve it - I don't think anyone is looking for her based on my belief she was working as a sex worker at truck stops and had probably reached really desperate times without strong familial ties. All this is my assumption and guesswork only. I really do hope there is a more comprehensive DNA matching programme for UIDs in future that tie in with commercial DNA.

I've submitted Vicki Maynard as a possible match for this UID.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?373172-OH-Vicki-Maynard-26-Union-1-April-1981
Vicki Maynard, OH (NamUs MP # 43314) https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/43314/3/

The reasons why I believe this is a match:
- Hair: MATCH both brown
- Eyes: MATCH both brown
- Height: MATCH (UID 64 inches, MP 65 inches)
- Weight: possible match (UID 175 estimated, MP 140 but it's clear from her photos that her weight fluctuated significantly)
- Age: MATCH UID 30-45 yrs when found in 1986, MP 26 when lka in 1981
- Physical resemblance: MATCH Please see attached side by side comparison pic.
- Circumstances/dates/geography: Possible match. There's nothing to indicate Vicki passed away right after her lka date in Ohio when she was told she wasn't welcome at home after an encounter with the police. If she had entered into sex work then she could feasibly have been working truck stops and been given a ride a few years later by the trucker whose rig she was in when she died in PA.
- Dentals: on file for UID, not available for MP
- Fingerprints: on file for UID, available elsewhere for MP
- DNA: on file for UID, initial inquiry only for MP

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.56.32 PM.png

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?373172-OH-Vicki-Maynard-26-Union-1-April-1981
Vicki Maynard, OH (NamUs MP # 43314) https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/43314/3/

- Weight: possible match (UID 175 estimated, MP 140 but it's clear from her photos that her weight fluctuated significantly)
- Circumstances/dates/geography: Possible match. There's nothing to indicate Vicki passed away right after her lka date in Ohio when she was told she wasn't welcome at home after an encounter with the police. If she had entered into sex work then she could feasibly have been working truck stops and been given a ride a few years later by the trucker whose rig she was in when she died in PA.

View attachment 134494
Sunny, did you tell them that Vicki Maynard has prints (assuming you called LE in charge of the UID). I know the Uniontown Jane Doe has them. This could be resolved either way very quickly, without lab work, exhumations, etc. Sometimes you have to lead them a bit by a ring through their nose. Don’t tell anyone I said that.

View attachment 134494

I saw Vicki Maynard as a possible match earlier today on FB and even commented on her.

Sunny, did you tell them that Vicki Maynard has prints (assuming you called LE in charge of the UID). I know the Uniontown Jane Doe has them. This could be resolved either way very quickly, without lab work, exhumations, etc. Sometimes you have to lead them a bit by a ring through their nose. Don’t tell anyone I said that.

I’m not in the US so have to do emails not phone calls - I submitted to Namus but yes I did mention the prints, good point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back