PA PA - Uniontown, WhtFem 30-45, UP16509, in big rig accident, cigs, keychain, clothes, jewelry, May'86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That was my post on Facebook :) although using my profile I set up just for sleuthing (not my real name).

Most of the comments on the post definitely agreed that it’s a possible match but some people did point out that they see a difference in the ears which is a fair point. I personally think it’s too hard to compare the ears due to the angle that’s the post mortem pic is taken. Only one way to find out if they’re a match do I thought it was worth submitting nonetheless. I try to never submit matches unless I really think they’re likely, I don’t like to waste anyone’s time!

That was my post on Facebook :) although using my profile I set up just for sleuthing (not my real name).

Most of the comments on the post definitely agreed that it’s a possible match but some people did point out that they see a difference in the ears which is a fair point. I personally think it’s too hard to compare the ears due to the angle that’s the post mortem pic is taken. Only one way to find out if they’re a match do I thought it was worth submitting nonetheless. I try to never submit matches unless I really think they’re likely, I don’t like to waste anyone’s time!
The nasal bridge is what stands out to me, but you're right, the angle of the photos can make a big difference.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Not that it matters but when I read truck “coils” I thought of the hoses between the cab and trailer. My FIL is a truck driver and has been since mid 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that makes sense.

I presume she wasn't wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the cab by the force of the accident. There was an accident on the Masspike a couple of weeks ago where something similar happened.

This girl was a prostitute and/or dancer and went missing the day before. Does anyone know the direction the truck was travelling of where it came from?
Sandra Dee Stanek
Unidentified Person Case

This girl was a prostitute and/or dancer and went missing the day before. Does anyone know the direction the truck was travelling of where it came from?
Sandra Dee Stanek
Unidentified Person Case
The date certainly lines right up - the vitals don't totally match but I guess that can be misreported on both sides. In answer to your question: "Mr Richards was driving for Wilkins Trucking Company of Commerce, GA. He was, at the time of the accident, driving from Sparrow's Point, MD to Richmond, KY. There were no stops scheduled on the trip and it is unknown why he was travelling in Fayette County, PA. The woman was not with Mr Richards when he left Sparrow's Point."

Geography isn't out of the question except the accident happened at 4.30am on the 2nd so it would depend what time Sandra's shift ended on the 1st to know whether she had time to make it all the way across there in time.

Sandra Dee Stanek
Unidentified Person Case
Missing Person Case

Thumbnail

Missing Person / NamUs #MP43419 Sandra Dee Stanek, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactMay 1, 1986
Missing FromO'Fallon, Illinois
Missing Age23 Years

SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Height 5' 2" (62 Inches)
Weight 125 - 135 lbs

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactMay 1, 1986
NamUs Case CreatedMay 10, 2018
Last Known Location Map
Location O'Fallon, Illinois 62269
CountySt. Clair County
Circumstances of Disappearance Sandy worked as a dancer at Dotty's Body Shop in Fairview Heights, IL. She left with a man after her shift on 05/01/1986 and hasn't been seen since.

Wow. Good eye Nate it does sound all good.. especially since she left with a man.. Good point sunnynz had.. it would be great to know what time she left.

Sandra Dee Stanek
Unidentified Person Case

There is a pretty good facial resemblence but there's a considerable (35-40 lb) weight difference and Sandra's hair is described as "Sandy", the UID's hair is dark brown. Sandra also had 2 tattoos, a Cesarean scar and another large scar on her abdomen. No scars or tats are mentioned for the unknown lady and her NamUs page (prior to NamUS 2.0) has "No other distinctive body features" checked off.

looking at a map and routes available - I believe were in use back in 1986 - it seems maybe he cut up to uniontown for fuel - looks pretty sparse area may be a truck stop there he was aware of the shortest route I could find for s semi puts him between 211 & 260 miles from sparrows point to uniontown - I need to know the make of the truck to find out how much fuel it would hold but I figure that would be close = I think this girl got on at a uniontown fuel stop and was looking for a ride to either WV or Kentucky - I bet she asked the driver for a ride or over heard him talking of his route and got on his truck - about the truck bands as another was talking about im not sure if they did that in 86 but would like to find out . Any driver worth his weight would have did a walk around to inspect his vehicle even in 86 and would have seen his latch unlocked (don't think they locked from inside. my guess she was a working girl at these fuel stops - with her condition I don't think she was a worker long as she was of good weight not typical homeless junkie - I also think she was visiting the uniontown area or around that area and was either looking to get home or to go to another location to meet up with a friend - just my thoughts no facts here - I also believe she was between 16 and 20 no more than 22 like to hear others thoughts on what I have said

I had some business in Morgantown last night and so drove the presumed route of the truck from Uniontown south. I had no trouble locating the accident site as it has not changed much. It is a right hand turn, sharper than I remembered, and the road goes steeply downhill. The location is at 39-47-05.69 N, 79-49-38.18 W if you want to Google Earth it. A street view is available.
Swerving to avoid a pedestrian would seem to be unlikely to me, as he was traveling south, crossed the centerline, and ended up in the ditch next to the northbound lane with the UID among the coils.

This is about 7.5 miles south of Uniontown, not the 15 reported in the news accounts.
is there any way you could please post pics of the site?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back