Paris Hilton to serve time

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was three too many! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is very typical of LA county jails. I would be very surprised if she served the entire 45 days This is the good-time work time programe I have been mentioning:

Paris Hilton may not serve full sentence

Overcrowding, good behavior could have heiress free in about 3 weeks

LOS ANGELES // Paris Hilton may spend far less than 45 days in county jail for violating probation because of state policies and jail overcrowding, authorities said Thursday.

Hilton, sentenced last week to do the time, could spend three weeks or less behind bars because of a state requirement that grants inmates time off for good behavior and because of overcrowding in the system, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

As for overcrowding, "our jail is bursting at the seams" and some women inmates have been released after serving only 10 percent of their sentence, Whitmore said

http://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...407371.story?coll=bal-entertainment-headlines

I'm sorta watching LKL. Paris preparing for jail LOL. - counselling from Patti Hearst (I think she served a couple of years!!) and "trying to do some therapeutic artwork - collages with her animals".

Quote:

Cheryl, do you know who is advising her?

WOODCOCK: You know what, Larry?

I do. Right now, Paris is preparing for this experience and she's actually been in contact with Patty Hearst.

KING: Who has done time?

WOODCOCK: Yes, she has. And she is giving her advice and tips. And it's actually comforting Paris. And right now, she's working out twice a day -- Paris. And she's actually trying to do some therapeutic artwork -- collages with her animals. So she's basically preparing for this experience of jail time.

Transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0705/11/lkl.01.html

NEW YORK — Kathy Hilton hopes young people will learn from her 26-year-old socialite daughter, Paris, who is facing 45 days in jail for violating her probation.
"We can only hope that something positive will come from all of this. Hopefully, young people who look up to people like Paris will learn from this," Hilton said in a statement read Wednesday on ABC's "The View" by co-host Barbara Walters.
Kathy Hilton called her Tuesday night and offered the statement, Walters said.
"She didn't say 'my child didn't do it' or 'this is terrible,"' said Walters, who has an adult daughter. "She's saying, 'You have to take responsibility.' I thought it was a very strong and very good statement."
Co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is pregnant with her second child, disagreed.
"You want to discipline your children before the criminal system does,"

I guess what I find to be ridiculous is that people talk about Paris like she is still a child!!!!! Wake up she is an adult and responsible for her own choices!!!!

Well I heard on the radio this morning that her sentence has been reduced to 23 days and she will be housed in a place for inmates with "special needs," away from anyone dangerous! She has special needs alright...

Eve

NEW YORK — Kathy Hilton hopes young people will learn from her 26-year-old socialite daughter, Paris, who is facing 45 days in jail for violating her probation.
"We can only hope that something positive will come from all of this. Hopefully, young people who look up to people like Paris will learn from this," Hilton said in a statement read Wednesday on ABC's "The View" by co-host Barbara Walters.
Kathy Hilton called her Tuesday night and offered the statement, Walters said.
"She didn't say 'my child didn't do it' or 'this is terrible,"' said Walters, who has an adult daughter. "She's saying, 'You have to take responsibility.' I thought it was a very strong and very good statement."
Co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is pregnant with her second child, disagreed.
"You want to discipline your children before the criminal system does,"

GAG!!!! Seriously --- are there actually any "young people" with functioning brains that look up to this bimbo?? Gawd I hope not!

Im glad she's been sent down. This should send a msg out to the rich types that they are not above the law , as some 'stars' seem to think.

Well I heard on the radio this morning that her sentence has been reduced to 23 days and she will be housed in a place for inmates with "special needs," away from anyone dangerous! She has special needs alright...

Eve
This is really standard for LA county. I was saying earlier that if she didn't get 50% credit on the good time program, it would be odd. It used to be more like 10% time served up in LA county so it has improved quite a bit.
Here in the OC it is a little better at about 1/3 cut off for the good time/work time program. That is, on a 90 day sentence one would typically serve 60 days.
http://orangecounty.cox.net/cci/ent...=article&id=D8P68GVO0&_action=validatearticle
Authorities Cut Paris Hilton's 45-Day Jail Term to About 23 Days

LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) -- Paris Hilton will serve about half of her 45-day jail sentence and will be separated from the general inmate population, authorities said Wednesday.
The hotel heiress will spend about 23 days in a "special needs housing unit" at the Century Regional Detention Center in suburban Lynwood, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.
Her sentence was shortened after jail officials gave her credit for good behavior, Whitmore said. Officials considered several factors in calculating the credit, including that she appeared for her latest court date, he said.

:slap:

Sorry - she should be doing all of the 45 days - IMO.

((what good behavior??)):slap:

WHATEVER - this just gets me!:furious:

Rosco

:slap:

Sorry - she should be doing all of the 45 days - IMO.

((what good behavior??)):slap:

WHATEVER - this just gets me!:furious:

Rosco
Our jails are overcrowded, so most inmates are offered a good behavior/work program. This is not special to Paris at all.
My friends son only had to serve 10% of his several sentences in LA County. he ultimately ended up in State Prison and even then, he only served a fraction of his sentence. He'll never learn at this rate.

Paris dropped her appeal,she knew it was a lost cause anyway--I'm still satisfied with the 23 days, still gonna be a claustrophobic nightmare for her

It's about time they have done something. This young woman has been getting away with every such thing since she is rich. Unfortunately, there are young girls that look up to her. This will send them the message that daddy's money can't buy you out of everything.
I wonder how special her "special housing unit" is. I understand they couldn't send her in with the general population, it would be deadly..

Yeah POOR POOR PARIS. She is going to be held responsible for her behavior. I am sure that upsets her.

Our local news is showing the media is already lining up at the jail, in case she checks in early.

Our local news is showing the media is already lining up at the jail, in case she checks in early.

I heard on our local news today that she has already been assigned a room mate who's in for reckless driving.

Oops sorry...this is also in Narla's link. I should learn to read from the top down!

I heard on our local news today that she has already been assigned a room mate who's in for reckless driving.

Oops sorry...this is also in Narla's link. I should learn to read from the top down!
LOL, I was thinking I had just read that somewhere. hahaha.
There is already a media circus as they think she might try and slip in at an unexpected time.
I wonder if she knows that jail time is counted different than what you might think.
She will get credit for a full day whether she checks in at 8 am or 8 pm. So, she can shorten her first day right off the bat by checking in as late as possible.
So if she checks in at 8 pm Monday and checks out at 1 am Wednesday that is 3 jail days. I asked my local jailer. he was also telling me about what a wild time it was when they banned cigarettes in our jails many years ago.
I am full of interesting info aren't I?

There is already a media circus as they think she might try and slip in at an unexpected time.
I wonder if she knows that jail time is counted different than what you might think.
She will get credit for a full day whether she checks in at 8 am or 8 pm. So, she can shorten her first day right off the bat by checking in as late as possible.
So if she checks in at 8 pm Monday and checks out at 1 am Wednesday that is 3 jail days. I asked my local jailer. he was also telling me about what a wild time it was when they banned cigarettes in our jails many years ago.
I am full of interesting info aren't I?[/quote]

You are lol- I had no idea about jail time- to me that is how long you were in LOL hahaha

They banned ciggies?!! oh geez what a nitemare!

I am full of interesting info aren't I?

I think I remember SQV telling us about the quitting smoking at SQ. That would be rough alright!

Well, I think it's just great that Paris is going to jail. I am surprised that she's getting a roomie though - thought they'd give her a private hehe.

Just tickles me to think that she'll have no cell phone. That thing is always plastered to her ear. I think she must just be talking to herself most of the time to avoid having to answer the paparazzi.

You are lol- I had no idea about jail time- to me that is how long you were in LOL hahaha

They banned ciggies?!! oh geez what a nitemare!
They banned them in the jails maybe 6 or so years ago. Then they banned them in the Prisons not too long ago.
He told me that when they banned them in the jails, they told the inmates they could keep and smoke what they had, but they wouldn;t be able to get anymore. Then when all the ciggys were gone, they were gone. Well, he said at the end the inmates that had cigs left were in danger because everyone else wanted them. he said it started so many fights that thye just confiscated the cigs and that was the end of smoking in our CA jails.
I don't know how it went down in prisons though.

Regarding the jail time, I would have thought the days would run in like 24 hour increments. Like if you checked in at 8 pm Monday you would stay til 8 pm Thursday to have 3 full days. But it doesn;t work that way.
11:30 pm MOnday until 1 am Wednesday would be 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum