Paris Hilton to serve time

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense taken...but my post was at least the 5th on this thread to mention the herpes and you didn't respond to any of the others...

Good call.

No I didn't read the whole thread and didn't stop to think that you were following on with an existing conversation about the herpes- going now to copy and paste my post to someone else LOL

Sorry.

Gee Asl - I think you're more upset than I am:D and I didn't think that was possible!

Geez Jilly . . . how did you know I'm Irish . . . when it comes to being pizzed off and having the ability to top anyone in showing it, we take first prize. :D

I say we petition for one of those celebrity boxing matches . . . and pluuuezzzzzze elect me to be the one to make her eat wrestling carpet.

She wants to claim a rash is the reason for her early release . . . let it be carpet burn, I say.

Almost forgot/forked up (apparant in my posting in the Kelsey Smith thread), thanks for the link Jilly . . . off to read it now.

Actually I haven't got time right now to find who said it first about the herpes- lol

So this is to all the people who said something about Paris having herpes:

No offence, coz I don't like Paris either- but I think it's a bit rough bagging her about having herpes- anyone can get it- even people that aren't promiscuous like Paris-

I can probably think of a hundred ways to bag Paris but I wouldnt have a go at her about having herpes-

(footnote: I don't have herpes!-lol- not that it matters if anyone here thinks I do have but just sayin' :p )

This is going to be interesting tomorrow. Seems the Sheriff is trying to get around this by saying she was "reassigned" which I would guess usually means transferring to another jail?

It was good to see that the Judge did not consent to this after it was reported by Inside Edition yesterday that he did.

I guess when I get home from work tomorrow (no computer) I'll have 35 pages to catch up on!:banghead:
The probelm is the judge was very specific about her being 'reassigned" He forbade home monitoring or doing weekends or any other sentencing restructuring.
I know that the Sheriff can have some leeway with the sentence to a degree, but the judge was pretty specific that this was to be done behind bars.

The bracelet will limit Hilton to a distance of 3,000 to 4,000 feet, which will confine her movements even within her family's luxurious mansion.

"Her house is much bigger than that, so she will actually have a problem. She is going to have to tape off certain areas of her home where she won't be able to go without going out of range," Dobson said.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe.../paris_hilton_070607/20070607?hub=CTVNewsAt11

Awwwwwwwww, :boohoo: poor poor Paris . . . now all of her caretakers will have to take care of her in ONLY 3 to 4 thousand feet of a MANSION estate. Gawd, life is sooooooooo cruel sometimes; wish my life was that "cruel". :rolleyes: :crazy:

Paris . . . I hope you frigging choke on those cupcakes; either that or you overdose on their sugar content.

Can you tell she disgust me to the very depths of disgust?

The probelm is the judge was very specific about her being 'reassigned" He forbade home monitoring or doing weekends or any other sentencing restructuring.
I know that the Sheriff can have some leeway with the sentence to a degree, but the judge was pretty specific that this was to be done behind bars.

I know but I guess the question is - can the Judge be that specific? Maybe the no monitoring etc., was merely a recommendation? My next question would be - why would the Sheriff do this (especially in this extremely high profile case) if he didn't have the right?

My gut feeling is that the Sheriff is going to get away with this. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Hours after Paris Hilton was sent home under house arrest, the judge who originally put her in jail ordered her back to court to determine whether she should be put back behind bars.

"The city attorney filed a petition for an order to show cause why the sheriff should not be held in contempt for releasing Ms. Hilton, and demanded that she be held in custody," Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini said late Thursday afternoon.

Hilton was ordered to report to court at 9 a.m. Friday, Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini told The Associated Press.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279212,00.html

This should read that they say the sheriff SHOULD be held in contempt of court.

This should read that they say the sheriff SHOULD be held in contempt of court.

No it shouldn't Dark Knight; JBean is correct. The prosecution is asking the Court to find a reason WHY the sheriff SHOULDN'T be held in contempt. IOW, the Sheriff fu fued the Judge's Order and the State is asking the Sheriff to "justifiy" his decision to bypass the Court's Order.

Seems like the Sheriff didn't think Paris' sentence was just:

http://www.tmz.com/

"But Sheriff Baca, under fire for letting Paris go home, stood by the medical rationale, telling the L.A. Times, "justice is being served by the decision ... She would still be in the county jail if it were not for the medical advice." And as for her receiving star treatment, Baca said, "My message to those who don't like celebrities is that punishing celebrities more than the average American is not justice.""

Something really stinks here. We now have a 'celebrity' Sheriff. If everyone is so concerned that she did not receive a fair sentence, then why the heck didn't her lawyer's appeal it???

Follow the money. Sheriff Lee Baca will suddenly be able to endow his favorite charity with a load of money. Oh, he won't be paid directly, that would be illegal! But follow the money, that's how it works out here in LA!

This same sheriff allows women prisoners who are in active labor to placed in four point restraints and kept chained to their beds.

Oh, but I forgot, Paris had a rash......

I know but I guess the question is - can the Judge be that specific? Maybe the no monitoring etc., was merely a recommendation? My next question would be - why would the Sheriff do this (especially in this extremely high profile case) if he didn't have the right?

My gut feeling is that the Sheriff is going to get away with this. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Yes, they can be that specific.
The local judges are getting frustrated for the reasons I have been telling you all about. The overcrowding of our jails is keeping them from having their sentences carried out. People are sentenced and then they are relseased early usually after serving 10 to 25% of their sentence.
That is why the judge was so specific.
The jails do have the power to release due to overcrowding HOWEVER, that is not why she was released. They didn't 'reassign" her due to overcrowding, the reassigned her due to medical issues. They had better be able to document and prove that or she will go back in, IMO.
This is really turning into a political power struggle right now. Which is part of the reason I find it interesting.

According to most sources around here, the jail just wanted rid of her because having her there was really fouling up operations.

Our local news just reported that the hearing will be by phone, because she is creating such a media frenzy dowtown at the courthouse.
I was really hoping to catch the footage of her car driving down the road dang it.

According to most sources around here, the jail just wanted rid of her because having her there was really fouling up operations.

I suppose, but sheesh...she's one person. Put her in her little solitary corner, give her the basics like everyone else, and let her be for 23 days.

Love the precedences they're setting: 1) if you have a rash, you can go home; 2) if you're too much trouble, they want you to leave.

GRRRRRR :razz:

I suppose, but sheesh...she's one person. Put her in her little solitary corner, give her the basics like everyone else, and let her be for 23 days.

Love the precedences they're setting: 1) if you have a rash, you can go home; 2) if you're too much trouble, they want you to leave.

GRRRRRR :razz:
Well this is why it is becoming a "political cat fight" as they said on our news.

They were going to go pick her up this morning in an imate type car, since she is an inmmate. Since it will now be by phone. that will lessen the chances of taking her right in, IMO.

Our local news just reported that the hearing will be by phone, because she is creating such a media frenzy dowtown at the courthouse.
I was really hoping to catch the footage of her car driving down the road dang it.

:cool: I hope she happens to answer or use the wrong phone extension - ya know, one that's outside of her 3-4,000 sf monitored space...then they can get her for violating her conditions and pick her on up! :slap:

Well this is why it is becoming a "political cat fight" as they said on our news.

They were going to go pick her up this morning in an imate type car, since she is an inmmate. Since it will now be by phone. that will lessen the chances of taking her right in, IMO.

Yep, that is exactly what it is now....

:cool: I hope she happens to answer or use the wrong phone extension - ya know, one that's outside of her 3-4,000 sf monitored space...then they can get her for violating her conditions and pick her on up! :slap:
LMAO.

Well I am off, but will check in on the 9 AM Phone Hearing.

Cya later DD!

LMAO our local news is talking about LIVE VIDEO FEED from the court room! Lordy George!

What a waste. She could really do some good with all that she has and instead she wastes her life. And her parents let her become this waste by not showing her by example and putting their foot down long ago. Just goes to show you that money can't buy everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms