Pastor of mega church says wife has gone away for 1 year...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up on this case.This is just to weird. crazy that there is' nt "where's hope" social media pages. Why can we see the oddness of what is being said as to where she is?

After watching his videos one thing has just jumped out at me on almost every one of them..if you have ever seen someone that has used amphetamines they tend to clear their throat ALOT, make weird mouth and tongue movements, ramble on and on and not be able to stand or sit still..just sayin'

Odd how quiet it has gotten. Ron's believers have simply accepted his word as gospel.

I found this old article which which mentions the Sheltons (Sam and his wife Paula) who were once credited as being a big part of the RWOC for 16 years. They were credited as being the musical directors and were a big part of the popularity of the church due to their upbeat modern music, rather than solemn hymns that many churches stuck to. Apparently the Sheltons left after having some differences with the Carpenters. I haven't been able to get to the bottom of those differences but I am looking into it.
The article says:
" (The musicians (instrumentalists) and choir were magnificent. God has gifted Sam and Paula Shelton with great musical talents and their ministry flows in close harmony with Pastor Ron Carpenter. They are writing some of the best contemporary/inspirational songs that I have heard" ( http://www.hughsnews.com/searching-...found-a-story-of-a-church-dedication-in-20041 )

Then I found the Sheltons also mentioned in this article ( http://www.charismamag.com/blogs/16...ual-renewal/46-breakthrough-in-the-bible-belt )

"Redemption Outreach opened in a concrete warehouse on a backstreet nobody could find. Hope, Ron and his former college roommate, Sam Shelton, were the only people in the first service."

" Shelton agreed to drive up from Emmanuel College each weekend to lead worship in exchange for dinner after church. But all three envisioned something better--and different from the status quo."

"Ron preached with zeal, whether there were two people or 100," Shelton says. "We knew God would send the people. We made up our minds we would serve Him and worship Him." "

The article is also interesting because it mentions that Hope's father was a church deacon (IPHC, so the same denomination that Ron's father worked with, I think) and that her mother always said that Hope would marry a preacher.

"Hope, the daughter of an IPHC deacon, also despised the form of religion she saw and its traditions in her hometown of Calhoun Falls, South Carolina. "I saw a lot of church, but I didn't see God," she says."

"Hope, a former beauty pageant contestant and high school cheerleader, says she wanted to go to any school that would offer her a music scholarship. But her parents demanded that she attend a Christian college. "I knew the whole time I had a call on my life," she recalls. "My mother told me I would marry a preacher."

Throughout this I have felt that Hope's parents were more concerned with what they wanted for their daughter rather than supporting what she wanted. For her to marry a preacher was her mother's dream, not Hope's.

So why did Sam Shelton and Ron part ways after having been so close for such a long time? I'd love to hear what the Sam has to say about Ron and what really went on behind closed doors.

Sam is now at this church in Va. http://www.newlifecm.com/about/meet-our-pastors/ and the bio of him mentions the 16 years he spent at RWOC.

After watching his videos one thing has just jumped out at me on almost every one of them..if you have ever seen someone that has used amphetamines they tend to clear their throat ALOT, make weird mouth and tongue movements, ramble on and on and not be able to stand or sit still..just sayin'

Have you noticed the exact same ticks and twitches in Jimmy Swaggart ??? That is the very first thing that went through my mind the first time I watched Ron Carpenter. Weird or what.

That sparkle poster... strange dr.evil hand on that one from Hope's church. I'm sorry but I do not get christian vibes from any of this. Should'nt there be some sort of training, regulation, maybe certificate to call yourself pastor or prophet? Can i be Queen tobywong? It kills me that these people give counsel that effect decisions people make for their lives. Or hey that this pastor ron can just disappear his wife & no one questions. So weird to me to follow blindly. Imo

It's just so weird. I just don't get how guys like Ron can get people to just blindly follow him and the stuff he says. He just gives me that Jim Jones kind of vibe. It is obvious that he enjoys being on stage and being the center of attention.

I tried to watch yesterdays service to see if Hope was mentioned, but I could only get through the first part which consisted of the money speech. During the speech he referred to himself as a prosperity preacher, he called it "his" church and as always there was a lot of "I", "me" and "my". He preached that if everyone creates a financial plan, tithes and serves their day is coming when they will be financially rewarded.

The other night, I brought up this subject with some friends. My friends husband felt that if the people fell for this, it was their own fault. My friend brought up the brainwashing aspect of it and the desire for people to want to believe, trust and belong.

Anyway, where is Hope? I can understand her location being confidential. She has no voice though. No one is speaking out for her it seems, besides what is being said here. No one is asking any questions. People are sending their prayers to Ron on FB, but Hopes name is mentioned less and less.

I keep waiting for something to blow. Someone to finally step up and speak out about the deeds going on behind the scenes. Maybe they are and there is an investigation going on. My biggest concern is a significant amount of money may be all it takes to keep someone quiet. That and fear. There is strength in numbers and I sincerely hope that people will bond together and expose any wrong doing that is going on within this organization.

I recall many yrs ago my grandmother watching some evangelical preacher on tv, she got her check book out and was going to send him some money. I asked her what she was doing? She said, well he said if he didn't get a million dollars God was going to come and take him home. I said "Good" isn't that what a preacher lives for? If God comes and takes him away he should feel great right? I never let her send that money, she barely had enough to live on. But seriously wouldnt getting taken to heaven with God be your ultimate goal as a preacher anyway? SMH!
These are the same folks who go to church and believe and do whatever Ron says and wants, unfortunately there are many, many of these people or we wouldnt have these mega churches scamming the poor, the weak, the sick and the good folks just trying to do what is right. Disgusting IMO. There will be special rewards for people like these folks, Ron and others, just not the ones they think they are entitled to.

I tried to watch yesterdays service to see if Hope was mentioned, but I could only get through the first part which consisted of the money speech. During the speech he referred to himself as a prosperity preacher, he called it "his" church and as always there was a lot of "I", "me" and "my". He preached that if everyone creates a financial plan, tithes and serves their day is coming when they will be financially rewarded.

The other night, I brought up this subject with some friends. My friends husband felt that if the people fell for this, it was their own fault. My friend brought up the brainwashing aspect of it and the desire for people to want to believe, trust and belong.

Anyway, where is Hope? I can understand her location being confidential. She has no voice though. No one is speaking out for her it seems, besides what is being said here. No one is asking any questions. People are sending their prayers to Ron on FB, but Hopes name is mentioned less and less.

I keep waiting for something to blow. Someone to finally step up and speak out about the deeds going on behind the scenes. Maybe they are and there is an investigation going on. My biggest concern is a significant amount of money may be all it takes to keep someone quiet. That and fear. There is strength in numbers and I sincerely hope that people will bond together and expose any wrong doing that is going on within this organization.

I don't see LE becoming involved and looking for her because everyone close to Ron, church members and family too are completely brainwashed.and her co-workers are fellow church members. A person can go missing, but if no one actually questions it that is close to the person, nothing will ever be done and someone is getting away with murder.

That sparkle poster... strange dr.evil hand on that one from Hope's church. I'm sorry but I do not get christian vibes from any of this. Should'nt there be some sort of training, regulation, maybe certificate to call yourself pastor or prophet? Can i be Queen tobywong? It kills me that these people give counsel that effect decisions people make for their lives. Or hey that this pastor ron can just disappear his wife & no one questions. So weird to me to follow blindly. Imo

I thought the same thing but I couldn't remember the name...Dr. Evil.

....and weeks later, still no "we miss you hope!" "you are in our prayers!" "I miss my mom and wish for the best...." "god is doing great things with hope thanks to our prayers"

I mean NOTHING. she is literally out of sight out of mind for the church AND her family (including her very secular social media using daughter)

Hello, all. Just wanted to mention that yesterday I was reading an article about the "church" and someone mentioned in the comments that they are with LE and that LE is looking into this. The poster also mentioned that he was disgusted and felt that something bad happened to Hope, as well. It was only dated a few days ago, so hopefully, they are in the process of checking this out. I know a poster can claim to be anyone, but maybe he was being truthful. Anyway, it seems there may be hope for someone in LE looking into her disappearance. I am with all of you in feeling that she is either somewhere in seriously bad shape thanks to "Pastor Ron", or possibly dead. I will try to find the site again and post a link so that we can see if there has been any follow up that post. You guys are all doing some great research and have some terrific into this situation.

It is a shame if LE hasn't looked into Hopes whereabouts by now, IMO. Then again LE could be buying minister/husband's story.

I don't see LE becoming involved and looking for her because everyone close to Ron, church members and family too are completely brainwashed.and her co-workers are fellow church members. A person can go missing, but if no one actually questions it that is close to the person, nothing will ever be done and someone is getting away with murder.
Exactly. As long as no one is questioning Hope being at some rehabilitation facility for a year-long commitment, there will be no missing person's report, and LE will not become involved. If she is not at such a facility, it is truly sad that so many people will take one man's word for it. Therefore, the family is either completely brainwashed by her husband or she is truly there, as unbelievable as it may appear to many of us.

MOO

It is a shame if LE hasn't looked into Hopes whereabouts by now, IMO. Then again LE could be buying minister/husband's story.

Yes, he has a large, far reaching congregation........

I'm just not sure who would be the best to contact, to do thorough well check. The only way I think I will feel that she is safe, is to see and hear it from her.

Every time I see this thread, I wonder ... has she been found. I shake my head and realize ... she sure is hiding well. Why would she do that given the scrutiny on her husband. She wouldn't. A religious woman wouldn't do that.

What did he do with his wife?

I smell death, but just mho!

But if he did kill her, why would he implicate his children and his inlaws as people who saw Hope's "condition" or who went to visit her wherever she is (he said he brought the kids to see her)? The inlaws and kids haven't independently spoke on this but could he really kill her and then lie on national media and say the inlaws and children witnessed her condition or where she is supposedly hidden. Are they that brainwashed or under his control?

I am hoping that she just took off and he is trying to CYA (cover his @zz). Surely with all of his cameras and technology savvy people, he could get her to simply record a message that she is ok and thank people for their concern, if she is indeed where he says she is.

Oooh i just wish I could see God's big ole hand come down from heaven and thump Ron upside his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste