Patsy and the 911 Call

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, it is very interesting. They emphatically denied Burke was awake that morning and stated that he "was asleep through the whole thing", but when caught with evidence that he wasn't they suddenly changed their story. First time they admitted he was awake was a the NE interview where Patsy served Shamrock cookies...

They then stated that they learned of this AFTER Burke's testimoney to the Grand Jury!!!

So who told them about this? They swore up and down that they NEVER spoke about the way JonBenet was killed with Burke, but they've been caught in too many outright lies to be believed about this either IMO. Grand Jury members were under secrecey to NEVER talk about what went on during the proceedings, as were the witnesses. So Burke was under that ruling too. It was the entire basis for LHP's lawsuit, she wanted to write a book (thankfully we were all spared from reading her tripe) about it.

So who told them what Burke said about being awake that morning and freigning sleep?

Who blatantly broke the law here and why haven't they been prosecuted for it? Burke was not too young when this happened to not have been put under some kind of detention....

But remember JR said that Burke will have problems with all of this when he's older, like when he's forty.....like after JR is long dead and in his grave so he can't be prosecuted for (at bare minimum) obstruction.

Maybe the killer made the first 911 call...as a sort of "boy who cried wolf" ruse.

Thinking that if the police had already responded to a 911 call that turned out to be a crank call, in case the plkanned activities with JonBenet went wrong later in the evening, police may not be so quick to respond to a 2nd call, buying some time.

Nuisanceposter said:
Here's what it says in DOI, pb, pg 101 (and this is all the Rs say about it.)

During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call remains somewhat of a mystery.
Fleet White most likely dialed 911 when he wanted to dial 411 for information regarding a phone number he needed.

-Tea

BlueCrab said:
For me the fourth phrase (Burke) of the enhanced 911 tape provided by Voice of Reason is CLEARLY Burke's voice. It is very high-pitched compared to the voices of the other people. I'm not sure what he's saying because the dispatcher's keyboard struck once, and the strike unfortunately was right in the middle of Burke's one-second-long comment. But it was definitely the voice of a child. I'm now convinced more than ever that Burke's voice is on the 911 tape.

Thank you Voice of Reason. IMO this is a significant break in the case. The parents lied. Burke was in the kitchen when Patsy made the 911 call.

Also, if Burke definitely said "Wasn't me", it strongly suggests a fifth person, known to the Ramseys, had been in the house that night.

BlueCrab
I don't think that it suggests a fifth person. It shows that the parents lied about him being in bed and one has to ask why. Although I can't make out any of the words supposedly said by Burke, I think these circumstances suggest rather that maybe the brother was responsible. I am saying this because having recently looked at that note, it still seems like a child's scrawl to me. I found it interesting that someone else came to that conclusion. I've been searching for the site where this opinion was expressed, although the poster does not appear to believe that it was the brother. I have often wondered if the death had not been the product of a fatal blow to the head by the brother in anger but with no intention to kill. I had never previously considered the possibility that he had written the note but actually "grow a brain John" etc. points to me of adolescent or older child talk. This would certainly explain the Ramsey's long-standing solidarity in keeping everything secret. How old was Burke when his sister died, does anyone know?

JMO

BirdieBoo said:
Maybe the killer made the first 911 call...as a sort of "boy who cried wolf" ruse.

Thinking that if the police had already responded to a 911 call that turned out to be a crank call, in case the plkanned activities with JonBenet went wrong later in the evening, police may not be so quick to respond to a 2nd call, buying some time.

Well there's a thought. If we find out JMK was in Boulder, he's probably that cunning, normally. Not when he breaks down and confesses.

That about FW dialing wrong, claiming his mother was in a hospital, was imo a cover story. Posters found out years ago that his mother was actually partying that night, not in a hospital. Seems to me JonBenet was just getting too spunky as she got older and dialed 911 herself. And that if JMK was the one, he probably brought his old teddy bear and put it into the box or bag of stuff they were presenting to the pageant contestants, timed so she'd get it, when her turn was coming up. Just a thought. Because Patsy said it was "shabby", someone here said. Whoever was giving out the surprises probably didn't pay any attention, just wanted to get the job over with. Does anyone get the impression that the Ramseys and friends or ex-friends are stonewalling about something or other, even more since JMK news came to light? JR says to the best of his knowledge or recollection he's not acquainted with the Karrs. Leaving himself some wiggle room in case it gets proven that he did know them?

P.S. It's been a week, and they still haven't taken his DNA sample???

Hi Seeker!

Patsy Ramsey CLAIMS she never read past the first few lines of the first page of the ransom note.

SO HOW ON EARTH DID PATSY KNOW THE NOTE WAS SIGNED BY SBTC?

icedtea4me said:
Fleet White most likely dialed 911 when he wanted to dial 411 for information regarding a phone number he needed.

-Tea

Thanks for being a voice of reason! :)

Eagle1 asked " its been a week and they still haven't taken a DNA sample?, I have been giving that some thought. You remember all that eating and drinking he did on the plane? Well, when he was finished and let his glass or fork or left over food be taken for discard, the trash was then fair game. Wonder if the police gathered those things are are doing DNA comparisons from that.

Good idea, and it's usually done when LE need some DNA, but in this one case, does anyone besides me ever start wondering if the goofs are all deliberate, and why? What was all that clinking champaign glasses about? Like they're big buddies.

Someone asked could he be getting paid big bucks to take the rap for someone. I don't think he'd risk the death penalty, which they have in Co.

I have a TV on in the background, and think they said on Court TV that lawyers from outside Co. are wanting to volunteer there.

icedtea4me said:

-Tea
I've actually DONE this before, so it doesn't seem like a stretch to me that that may have been what happened.

Lately it was said that there were 30 people at the party on the 23rd and it was a strict guest list of friends only, and a stranger such as John Karr would have been noticed. But this archived news article says differently:

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0126jon.htm

I think it would be quite easy in a crowd of 100 for John Karr to be there, and not be remembered now by John Ramsey, or anyone else who was there.

Pam Paugh said it would be possible too, on Inside Edition yesterday. The Ramseys didn't have a strict guest list, and friends were invited to bring their friends.

Anyone seeing an unknown, nice looking, well groomed young man would assume it was the friend of a friend, wouldn't they? It is highly unlikely he would have been challenged.

Here is an excerpt from the above link:

Betty Barnhill and her husband, Joe, were two of about 100 guests at their neighbors' Christmas party that Monday night.
Patsy Ramsey had used the Barnhills' oven to bake a ham while she roasted a turkey in hers.
"There were lots of their friends from the Episcopal Church there,'' Betty Barnhill says. "Patsy loved having people over, enjoying her house.''
Santa Claus, played by former University of Colorado journalism professor Bill McReynolds, passed out presents to the children.
Barnhill watched the Ramseys' two children enjoy the revelry.
"I can remember Burke that night,'' she says of the Ramseys' 9-year-old son. "He was just laughing, enjoying himself.''
And Barnhill recalls the bright smiles of another jewell that lighted the house -- 6-year-old JonBenet Patricia Ramsey.
"She had a lovely black velvet dress on, and her blonde hair was pulled up high on top of her head,'' Barnhill says.

Nuisanceposter said:
Here's what it says in DOI, pb, pg 101 (and this is all the Rs say about it.)

During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call remains somewhat of a mystery.
Did the police check the hospital in Aspen to see if White's mother was there and did she get the medicine?:confused:

Lavish Holiday Parties - did they push someone beyond the point of a simmering bitterness or resentment toward JR and PR?

This thread about the party, reminds me of some of the articles that were saved on various websites. I re-read the Ramsey's Christmas Letter last night; there was the Foyer Party on December 14th (date?), the Christmas Parade BR and JBR were "in"; there was a Christmas Pageant that JBR won (big surprise), the Ramsey's house was also included in the Christmas tour of homes, sponsored by the historical society (this might be what some refer to as the "open house"), etc.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? That this family was way too public with their wealth and their children. Too many kooks out there, who take umbridge at this display. Heck, the Christmas letter was enough to give me the impression that PR loved to "drive in the show-off lane", as they say in modest towns in the south. Christmas letter was a bit over the top; it also very specifically mentioned JRs success. Correction, it was way over the top - especially considering that some people have a difficult time at Christmas.

Unknowingly, and perhaps distracted by the luxuries around them, the Ramseys quite possibly pushed someone over the edge with this lavish party.

aspidistra said:
Lately it was said that there were 30 people at the party on the 23rd and it was a strict guest list of friends only, and a stranger such as John Karr would have been noticed. But this archived news article says differently:

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0126jon.htm

I think it would be quite easy in a crowd of 100 for John Karr to be there, and not be remembered now by John Ramsey, or anyone else who was there.

Pam Paugh said it would be possible too, on Inside Edition yesterday. The Ramseys didn't have a strict guest list, and friends were invited to bring their friends..

So the family are now saying it's possible Karr was there. On the news this morning, Saturday, I just heard that someone in a New England state says he saw Karr at a bus stop about midnight, pretty far from the Rs' home, acting strangely. They didn't say how. But if that's so, she was killed before midnight, and he walked to a bus stop just like Lee Harvey Oswald! I'm sure it'll be in the Today's News thread for the 26th but it also goes with this.

Eagle1 said:
So the family are now saying it's possible Karr was there. On the news this morning, Saturday, I just heard that someone in a New England state says he saw Karr at a bus stop about midnight, pretty far from the Rs' home, acting strangely. They didn't say how. But if that's so, she was killed before midnight, and he walked to a bus stop just like Lee Harvey Oswald! I'm sure it'll be in the Today's News thread for the 26th but it also goes with this.
I haven't heard that yet but I find it a little hard to believe that someone remembers seeing this total stranger at a bus stop 10 years ago.

I've haerd over and over again that in an enhanced 911 call Burke can be heard and John saying 'we're not talking to you'. I believe the Enquirer first reported this without a source. After a call is enhanced it's played at a normal listening level but the technology has made everything clearer. With all the attention this case got and the numerous copies of the 911 call online why didn't any investigation firms (or even companies that specialize in sound) put out the enhanced 911 call for us all to hear? Surely, someone other than the FBI can also enhance recorded voices.

HollywoodBound said:
I've haerd over and over again that in an enhanced 911 call Burke can be heard and John saying 'we're not talking to you'. I believe the Enquirer first reported this without a source. After a call is enhanced it's played at a normal listening level but the technology has made everything clearer. With all the attention this case got and the numerous copies of the 911 call online why didn't any investigation firms (or even companies that specialize in sound) put out the enhanced 911 call for us all to hear? Surely, someone other than the FBI can also enhance recorded voices.

The problem is to enhance the tape you need the original 911 tape. You need the big huge reel of tape straight from the 911 call center. That is the only way you can enhance it enough to hear Burke's voice.

Keep in mind several people who are very credible have heard the tape. Steve Thomas talks about it in his book.

An interesting note. When Mary Lacy decided to release the 911 tape (which I understand was a copy of a copy so there was no way we could enhance to hear Burke) Lin Wood was alll over TV claiming Burke's voice was NOT on the tape. Then, Wood quickly disappeared.

From what I understand Wood was told he better shut up or someone would release the true enhanced version of the tape for the world to hear Burke.

Burke is on the tape. Maybe someday we all will be able to hear it.

That makes some sense but if no one can get the reel to enhance how did the enquirer get it enhanced. I guess they got their info from the FBI who leaked that Burke could be heard?

Has anyone on this forum actually heard the enhanced tape and heard a young boy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back