Peaches Geldof 25 found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So it sounds as if they know what killed her?

http://news.sky.com/story/1249580/peaches-geldof-cause-of-death-to-be-revealed

The cause of Peaches Geldof's sudden death will be released when an inquest is opened and adjourned next week.

There is still mystery about what happened to the mother of two, whose body was found at her home in Kent on April 7.

A brief hearing, expected to last only about 10 minutes, will be held in Gravesend on Thursday.

A senior police officer will read a statement about Ms Geldof's death before the coroner, Roger Hatch, reveals what caused her to die.

Oh I was just about to post this, I'm almost strangely relieved, for some reason that seems less tragic to me than natural causes .. maybe it's because if she took heroin next to her babies then nothing could have saved her.

Why... oh why? Why would she put her own children through what her mother put her through? How could it be an accident?

Why... oh why? Why would she put her own children through what her mother put her through? How could it be an accident?

Something tells me it wasn't an accident. I feel terrible for the children.

Oh, this hurts my heart! I'm so angry at her to have done this with her baby near her! She, more than anyone! knew the pain this would cause her children. I agree, Outlier. Her posting the picture of her and her mother isn't some tragic coincidence. What a waste.

The word " accidental" simply means that she was not INTENDING to die by heroin injection. It was not a planned- out suicide, IOW. Her intent was to get high and be a junkie... I guess it matters to some religions. It matters technically under the law.

I have very little sympathy for her, doing heroin with her babies around her, and one alone and dependent upon her on the day of her death... although it is pitiable.
Must have been pretty easy for her to have an " eating disorder" with massive weight loss due to the effects of heroin.:banghead:

AND if her husband knew ANYTHING about her relapse, then he is not an innocent man either. He had to have known their children were in jeopardy. I wonder if he's had any drug testing done?

I am sorry. I am angry that this happened to her, that she did this. AFAIK, no one else put the syringe in her arm or otherwise administered the drug. She could have gone to the best rehab. facility in the world. She could have chosen to live for her children.
I hope the media stops the cycle of " poor victim". They made a martyr out of her mother. I hope we have come farther in knowledge about addiction than for the cycle to repeat with her children. THEY can be armed with knowledge about the joy of life with sobriety.. I hope they have someone in their lives to teach them well and teach them early about living a drug- free life with a clear mind and an unencumbered spirit.

What a shame. I wonder if she'd been trying to quit then started back and just did too much.

SeekingJana, unfortunately, there's just a "thanks" button, what your post needs is applause. -I'm still shocked though, I really thought she had put her past behind her. I guess that's something that stays with people for all of their lives. How utterly devastating for all concerned. I just hope people learn from this. Let her be a poster child for the dangers of drugs.

I'm just wondering how they didn't know this before now, unless they were keeping it quiet. There must have been a syringe and some of the drugs nearby. I guess if they didn't reveal that her baby was with her I can see why they wouldn't want the fact that she had a needle in her arm wouldn't be broadcast, either.

So sad. She suffered terribly as a result of what her mother did, overdosing on heroin and leaving her motherless at such a young age and here she did the very same thing to her own precious babies.

It is ironic and tragic. Clearly, the wounds left by her mother's death were too much to handle and too profound to heal. Junkies use drugs to try to fill an awful void.

I know. One of my best friends and one of the sweetest people I know is one. He's brilliant and kind and intellectual but right before finishing his master's, he succumbed once again.

Luckily, he knew having children would be extremely detrimental to the child so he refrained from reproducing. I wish the same had been true of Peaches Geldof.

But I cannot judge too harshly. She may have felt she had won the battle when she decided to become a mother yet sadly, like Phillipp Seymor Hoffman, it continued to haunt her and the void was so great that even parenthood could not cure her.

I think there is no doubt she deeply loved her children. Her pain must have been unbearable to risk her life and risk doing to them what her mother did to her.

I don't think she meant to overdose. Peaches was supposed to be a judge on next top model or a show similar to that down under apparently? Maybe she was using to stay thin which is a huge pressure in the fashion world.

Oh my gosh. Colour my confused and shocked. I was not expecting this. How is it possible she died of drug overdose when they checked her home and found nothing at all? Is it a coincidence that she posted that photo of her mother and then this happened? I have no idea how drugs work but why even if it was accidental why would she do it with a little baby to care for? How can one provide for a little one's needs when one is high on drugs? This shocks me. So very sad.

I don't think she meant to overdose. Peaches was supposed to be a judge on next top model or a show similar to that down under apparently? Maybe she was using to stay thin which is a huge pressure in the fashion world.

Not only that but her kids birthdays and Easter were coming up.

Drugs were the first thought for a lot of people, including me, so this is no surprise. Also, we can never really know what well-known people are like behind closed doors and how different they are to the persona they want the public to see.

With opiate addiction, it gradually becomes an addiction beyond a dependence rather quickly. And once addicted, one is using the drug to maintain - to not get "dope sick" - instead of getting that "high" that was obtainable in the beginning of usage. Simply getting out of bed requires the drug. Otherwise you go into withdrawal symptoms like chills, vomiting, diarrhea, restless leg syndrome kicks in, and a general feeling of being unwell and miserable.
That's why I'm a firm believer in rehabilitation for a minimum of 60 days for opiate addiction. Heroin changes the chemistry of the brain and although this can be undone, it doesn't happen overnight.
I've known many a person who was prescribed opiates for injury or illness and became addicted. The withdrawal is similar to heroin although shooting up heroin brings on the most painful of the withdrawals - pills are a more muted version of it.
I wish Peaches had sought treatment. I wish someone in her life had caught her stash box/needles and brought her to a dr for methadone or suboxone treatment (maintenance programs to get off H).
I wish, I wish, and it goes on.
It's an epidemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am heartbroken by this. Truely just tragic. "Every junkies like a setting sun".

I wonder if this is going to be a criminal case? Looks to me like maybe she used with somone, who maybe she thought would stay sober and watch her child? Then when it was obvious she had od'd, that person took the evidence and called the police before leaving or right after leaving? I heard initially it was a woman who called for a welfare check on Peaches. hmmmmm

Not only that but her kids birthdays and Easter were coming up.

But that might have caused her more stress. Birthdays and special occasions such as Easter might have placed more of a strain on her and made her feel unable to cope. Or maybe they held meaning for her

As for the new TV role coming up - maybe she accepted the job as top model but actually really didn't want to do it. Sometimes the outside world sees "things to look forward to" but the reality was that she was dreading it.

But that might have caused her more stress. Birthdays and special occasions such as Easter might have placed more of a strain on her and made her feel unable to cope. Or maybe they held meaning for her

As for the new TV role coming up - maybe she accepted the job as top model but actually really didn't want to do it. Sometimes the outside world sees "things to look forward to" but the reality was that she was dreading it.

Yes, true. She seemed so happy picking out baby clothes for upcoming birthdays etc. but you never know what goes on inside a person's mind and heart. I'll just never understand her doing drugs while she had a baby in the house with her. What if the baby had needed her? This is of course assuming it was an accidental overdose rather than suicide.

The inquest just happened. Paraphrasing - heroin likely contributed to her death. She was found by her husband. Last contact with her was Sunday night and she was found dead Monday.

I suspect now that it was suicide and she told him or someone else what she was going to do. The inquest said that her husband found her in their spare room and called out to his mother. The husband has been away with the older child since 3 April and peaches was found dead on 7 April. Why would the husband bring his mother unless he knew something was wrong? Someone had to have hidden the needles and drug paraphernalia if there was nothing found.

Or someone had to be there with her when she died and cleaned up the drugs etc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back