penalty phase #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who say this is the system at work, the Judge is just doing her job-
there are courts all over this country running smoothly, delivering justice, handing down sentences every day. Two murder cases I have been watching locally have completed, having started weeks after this one - even though the defendants were contentious, they managed to work without all these MONTHS of delays, long weekends, two hour lunches, three or four breaks a day. This one has been exasperating to watch, but hey, finally the Judge actually apologized for the delay this evening! That's a first for her!

Another delay. Court resumes on May 20th, Monday at 10:00 Arizona Time.

:rose:

Steven and Samantha's words will be played all weekend for many around the world. Travis's vitality in Life will inspire strangers when they hear who Travis really was and what he thought was important to live by. His message will get out there!

Travis and his big loving spirit will linger in the jurors' minds all weekend.

CMJA may have a migrane, or their was a problem with her witnesses. You can be assured it wasn't a prosecution delay! It never is.

That poor jury.

MOO

Mel

It means JA and her DT are not ready today so let's give them more time to come up with another plan to drag this out. :stormingmad:

I agree with you 100% Jane!

I don't think the jury knows the cameras were not on DB and will not be on Patti. Just the viewers knew only his hands were shown. The jurors weren't told of this yet, we're they? Don't remember that.

Grrr...

This is beyond ridiculous! Wonder if we will find out the real reason for all the closed door meetings?

Should not have happened.

Will JA lose one of her mitigation witnesses? Won't look good if Nurmi already promised two.

I can't wait for this to end for Travis's family and for the murderer to hear her sentence.

We will hear about them in Jauns book woot woot!!!!!

JSS should have been honest: ladies and gentlemen Jodi and her defense team know they don't stand a chance and want to delay the inevitable. They have enjoyed messing with you all throughout the trial and this is just one more delay to make your lives miserable. But no worries jury, just let those victim impact statements run in your mind and come Monday you can tell Jodi to keep her witnesses, she's going straight to death row!"

I also saw the dt tried to get (presumably) the Alexander's impact statement stricken??!?! If I was a juror on "the fence" re the death penalty that little stunt would have sealed the deal for me. This woman and her dt have sunk to a new low.

Maybe her "friend" was going to testify about the ONE time CMJA told the truth. They probably discovered that this too was a lie.??? <jk>

I was really hoping they would speak today with the Alexander's words still fresh in the jurors memories.

So her childhood friend came all the way from California, held up court for an hour and a half and then court is canceled. That makes no sense. There's plenty of time left in the court day for her to say what she's going to say. Perhaps she changed her mind and DB wasn't scheduled to speak until Monday and therefore not there so they had no witnesses.

I know people want to place blame on the judge, but I can't see how it's her fault.

WAT tweeted that DM was there. just sayin

Wise move defense. Let the jury sit and think about TA's family impact statements over the weekend.

Grrr...

This is beyond ridiculous! Wonder if we will find out the real reason for all the closed door meetings?

Should not have happened.

Will JA lose one of her mitigation witnesses? Won't look good if Nurmi already promised two.

I can't wait for this to end for Travis's family and for the murderer to hear her sentence.
Maybe Donavan will be a witness for her if one of the other 2 leaves?

I feel for the jury, but more so for The Alexander family. As well as them needing an end to this nightmare, they are also put in financial strain traveling back and forth to Arizona.

If this delay was to accommodate Patti, it was not worth the repercussions to the jury or the Alexanders. And--don't we all know that Patti hasn't been close to JA for many years? How relevant is her testimony anyway?

If that is the case maybe they need time to find someone else. What is the man from Pre Paid Legal who testified? Perhaps he will speak for Jodi and needs travel time. moo

Gus Searcy? OFTLOG - I hope he doesn't show up in court. He's worse than a used car salesman. Creepy too. Gives me the willies.

MOO

Mel

Her face has already been on camera.

Duh...

She's the gal for whom Jodi was a bridesmaid and did wedding pics.

69622_581654555196502_985475508_n.jpg

Here ya go, Patti!

So many pictures of Patti Womack.

Where to start?

arias-patti.jpg

I watched her cameo on NG, and came away with this.

She was such a great friend, but couldn't go to her wedding because she had to work.

So Patty's dad paid for CMJA's bridesmaid dress, and transport to the wedding location (we all know Jodi sucks money off of everyone).

In return, she promises to take such beautiful photos, yet appears in all the photos -- so what photos did she take? Are these the photos that she referred to in her police interrogation?

Then at the reception, while the other bridesmaids are still in their gowns, Jodi slips into a little black dress. Which I would consider an insult since Patty's dad bought the darn thing - she could have at least worn it for the reception like normal people do.

Some friend, eh?

MOO

Mel

Well, it's all relative. At least Jodi didn't kill her. For MCJA, that probably counts as an act of friendship.

Anyone have a clue of what "we are unable to proceed" means?????

It means the defense has once again engaged in another stall tactic to keep CKJA a few more days in Hotel Estrella before she moves to Perryville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo