Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On HLN After Dark, the Sheriff says he has nothing to hide and its an open door policy, and he does this all the time for other prisoners, so he is letting Jodi give interviews......BUT......

First, it is not about you Sheriff, and you are also giving Jodi a HUGE PRIVILEGE because she gets to stay out of her cell for MANY MANY hours this evening, so you are a little misleading saying these things. Im sure not too many prisoners get to stay in an interview room for about 6-8 hours or more. Knowing Jodi, she will stay in the interview room till morning.

No matter what anyone thinks about this guy's politics (and they come up often)--the one thing he likes is media attention.

Thank you so much for the link to that blog. I've started to read through it and it's incredibly informative.

I'm trying to remain detached and impartial. I'm trying to look at the crime and not judge the person. It's impossible.

I am morally opposed to punishment by death. I have never been as close to changing my mind in my whole life. I've been reading here but I haven't been posting. I just couldn't.

BUT

I have to say this. If ever there was a person that didn't deserve to live it is Jodi Arias. I watched her allocution today. Even if she had been a victim of domestic violence (she's not) or believes herself to be, she should feel remorse at her actions. She should have apologised for the grief she has caused. There is so much a truly repentant human being could have said, could have displayed emotionally if she couldn't find the words. Her allocution was diabolical. It was egomaniacal, self-serving, cold and remorseless. It did not address the heart of the matter - taking responsibility for the crime followed by a truly heartfelt apology.

She is not sorry. Not one little bit. She asked for her life to be spared for the sake of her family. She has graciously and resignedly accepted her fate of LWOP. A martyr for the cause, she outlined her plans to bestow her many talents on those undeserved souls she will now share the rest of her life with, even though it's truly beneath her.

I think it's very telling that her family did not plead for her life. I have read reports of their bad behaviour in court but I have not seen it myself. Her sister did wear that t-shirt but bonds between siblings can be very strong and different to the parent-child bond. It can't be an easy thing to come to terms with, at all.
Her parents are doing their duty, pure and simple. The bare minimum expected of them. I hope when she is gone that the family can move on and have normal lives.

Jodi Arias is almost inhuman. An anti-human. It's evident in that everyone that has contact with her, recoils from her. I don't blame her DT one bit. They have to defend her. She is entitled to a fair trial. I hope they now give her the sentence that she deserves.

The family bond is a strong bond. My brother was a drug addict. we didn't condone his drug use. He became a thief to support his habit. People thought we condoned it because we didn't turn our backs on him. We didn't, we turned him in and pressed charges. We did go visit him and sent him money in prison because regardless, he was our brother and we loved him. I try very hard to not blame family members only the person that committed the crime.

That being said, I think it's funny that when push came to shove, after saying she wanted death, she tried to talk them into life. Of course, it was all about her.

Lol, that's what I was going to say. I'd be interested to see what some jailhouse employee came up with...orange lipstick, too pale foundation, green eyeliner, blue eye shadow...we thought she was scary before!

I vote for the Vampire Look, fangs and all. :floorlaugh:

Maybe her job can be head chef in the kitchen. She's good with the knife.

I don't believe for 1 second that she didn't know Travis' grandmother had died.

On HLN After Dark, the Sheriff says he has nothing to hide and its an open door policy, and he does this all the time for other prisoners, so he is letting Jodi give interviews......BUT......

First, it is not about you Sheriff, and you are also giving Jodi a HUGE PRIVILEGE because she gets to stay out of her cell for MANY MANY hours this evening, so you are a little misleading saying these things. Im sure not too many prisoners get to stay in an interview room for about 6-8 hours or more. Knowing Jodi, she will stay in the interview room till morning.

I thought the sheriff sounded ridiculous. He has nothing to hide...what?? Who would even think it was about him or the prison or what they had to hide. If he thinks that is the reason that people are questioning this...that is so incredibly absurd.

Maybe her job in prison can be head chef in the kitchen. She's good with the knife.

Thank you for sharing Zach. I usually shy away from Cancer stories becuase I'm still unable to come to terms with my father's fight and loss from Cancer.

I so wish we could take all of the physical health out of Jodi and have given it to this wonderful, amazing boy who deserved to live his life. Like Travis did.
Thanks again for sharing. :hug:

((((hugs))))

I needed WSA today (or WSAnonymous). I cannot TELL you how lost I was unable to connect with my peeps during this even tho I rarely post...

I was UNIMPRESSED with JA today, but will say I can't wait until she fades into nothingness.

JA is a creep

:furious: I am so disgusted by the latest news about the CM giving interviews ...

But the media does NOT care or give a darn ... they are only interested in ratings and $$$$$ ...

The Judge should NOT have lifted that BAN !

JA's "interviews" will be another bash fest ... and all about ME - ME - ME ... she is truly despicable and evil ...

:please::please::please: jury -- come back tomorrow with the DP ... :please:

Hey, can someone give a link to the happenings today I can use in iPhone please. Tornado hit here yesterday, everyone is fine but have no power or Internet and I am going through withdrawal in a serious way. Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beth mentioned Jodi requested makeup for upcoming interviews. Disgusting!!!!!!! :stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

God forbid that the murderer be anything less than picture perfect for her adoring fans...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Jose Baez wrote a book and did many interviews. Is that because she was found not guilty?

So did OJ. so I guess if Nurmi can shoulder the cost of publishing a book on behalf of CMja it will be called "If I had lied, here's what I would have said"

I DO NOT believe she even donated one single STRAND of hair to Locks of Love...she showed a picture on the screen of some lady...NOT her hair, NOT a pic of her during the haircut (what she couldn't get cameras to take pictures of that philanthropic act or cameras to watch her do it live now??) People....THIS IS COMING OUT OF JODI'S MOUTH!!! What does that mean??....IT'S A LIE!!! good grief... *sigh*

Just a guess, but probably Sheriff Joe doesn't allow photo ops for inmates participating in the jail LOL program.

Both my DD and I have done LOL. We took our own photos. The salon did not. They did, however, package up our hair and fill out the labels for us. I donated mine anonymously, but DD got a certificate of thanks for her donation and we shared her photos on the LOL site for a time!

BTW, DD was five and it was her first haircut! She has very thick, curly hair and they had to separate her hair into 4 ponytails! :gasp:

Oh! And my hair was (and is) highlighted. But back then my highlights were done with high lift color and not bleaching powder. Maybe that's why they took mine??

Just some insight into our experience with LOL, if it helps.

Also, it is a worthy cause and SOOOO easy to contribute to. :)

Maybe she could teach art and t-shirt design.
:floorlaugh:

T-shirt design would involve outsourcing the work to ex-convicts on the outside. So she would sit around doing nothing making money off of others. Like old times.

I don't believe for 1 second that she didn't know Travis' grandmother had died.
Nor do I believe Arias did not know what opportunities existed for a productive life in prison for someone doing LWOP. The lies just never end ...

Something that strikes me as really pathetic is the lack of remorse- I believe that the only remorse that she feels is that she got caught, & that people know that she did this. She doesn't even know enough to try & fake remorse or guilt.

It just boggles my mind as to how someone can conceive of something like this, carry it out, & then continue on with their life-it just chills me to the bone, to know that people like this are out there-I hope that I never encounter them.

This is what I'm talking about! These types just can't understand how we don't understand them!!! The are self righteous and cannot step out of their mental block!
Imo

I thought the sheriff sounded ridiculous. He has nothing to hide...what?? Who would even think it was about him or the prison or what they had to hide. If he thinks that is the reason that people are questioning this...that is so incredibly absurd.

'Xcatly! Why is she getting SPECIAL treatment????? I bet NO other
Prisoner is getting to do this!! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members