Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
travis_alexander.jpg

This is Travis, he was 30 years old, that's as old as he will ever be.

Juan Martinez

Just now on HLN JVM. Wilmont threw JA's parents under the bus during closing. Yet they are the one reason the jury may sympathize to vote for LWOP. Now how does that make sense?

4:15 DP verdict in. My prediction :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, she was ONLY 27! How's the girl supposed to understand the complicated Morman chastity directive or the intricacies of Arizonas felony murder law at that tender age??

I know, right? It's not like 4 year olds can tell if killing a living being is wrong--it takes decades of specialized legal training!

OMG-What about her dig at Sam when she said Travis was the glue that held their family together

And Jodi tells the jury that Travis said it was their grandmother who was

I was SOO PIZZED

I agree also. The only ones I've heard say they are not are either the DT or the ones on that "other site".
I feel that anyone who was willing to serve on a lengthy trial and were willing to agree to possibly decide a DP case, are therefore willing to take their responsibility very seriously.

I know if I were on a jury, even a low profile case with lesser penalties, I would take it seriously as I would want someone on my jury to do the same. Also, my ethical/moral values would cause me to take it seriously.

On one of the HLN shows, one of the Phil Specter jurists said that it isn't hard to avoid coverage... turn off the TV or radio if something comes on, walk away from a conversation if topic brought up, catch up on reading a good book, get to know family members...

"I Went to Death Row, and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt"

Just now on HLN JVM. Wilmont threw JA's parents under the bus during closing. Yet they are the one reason the jury may sympathize to vote for LWOP. Now how does that make sense?

Welcome to Nurmi & Wilmott's School of Law

things just keep hitting me about how absurd willmott's argument was.

like this one: leslie eudy, the freemans and ryan burns were cited as examples of JA's 'friends.'

really???? then where's leslie speaking on her behalf? where are the freemans? and to use RYAN?????

poor dude was her ALIBI! she groomed him for the part, for god's sake! and willmott has the nerve to say he's a FRIEND????

SO many things wrong with that argument.

The entire allocation was self serving - even from the beginning when she talked about her mom seeing The Alexander siblings in the car next to her while idling at a stop light. JA said something to the effect like "I realized they were hurting BECAUSE OF ME." Also the part where she talked about Stephen talking about the 3 by 5 card where Travis was to call him that day -yet he never got that call. JA says again - all because of "me". YET - she never followed that up by saying something like "and for that I am deeply sorry". It's almost like she was taking pride in the fact that "because of me" they were hurting. That set me off right away. I listened to her allocation a 2nd time and every single thing stood out to me as self serving. The whole thing was just lame. It gets even lamer when you listen to it a 2nd time around.

And I think the quotes she used from Stephen and Samantha were the parts that she hated the most and that made her the angriest -- like Stephen's part where he said "I don't want to see my brother's murdererer every again." Notice she brought that up....b/c she must have been seething with anger ever since she heard that. That really struck out to me, that she even bothered to bring that up, it's just b/c she actually hates that he said it.

Is it usual for the defense atty to give the defendant a cozy little squeeze as she begins final her argument?

That creeped me out.

Just trying to prove that JA is "human".
However, I am sure some of that jury has seen "Aliens", they all know how tricky and lifelike those androids can be :wink:

Please walk out and walk back in with death and stare her down. Travis has no life. He had more value than Jodi. He was a productive member and was always bettering himself.

Ya know, that's what it was that struck me with what Jodi said to the jury. Travis wasn't just about bettering himself, he wanted to help others and help them better themselves. And now with her drivel to the jurors it's like she's trying to emulate him with all the things she wants to do to help others. She's just disgusting. imo

I'm no lawyer but JA's best shot at getting life would have been to simply say 'I'm sorry I murdered Travis. I'm sorry for having caused so much pain. Travis was a wonderful man. I'm sorry for having wasted everyone's time. I'm sorry for the person I've become. I cannot understand how I was capable of such horrific violence. I need help. I'm a sick, sick girl. I'm willing to be honest, get help and rehabiliate myself. If you put me to death then I won't have that chance. I'm undeserving but I'm begging you all now. For my sake. For my family's sake.'

I had to laugh when she talked about her drawings, hair donations, book reading club and bogus abuse victim t-shirts. I don't care whether she dies or not at this point, I just want her gone. Off TV....out of the news and never to be heard from or seen again.

Don't forget the recycling...

(Thought I got banned!!)

Her hair was below her waist a couple months before trial? And she's donated to Locks of Love3 times? One of us will expose that one. :)

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 12m
One of the jurors looked at #JodiArias as they left to deliberate, others looked at the Alexander family.

Wonder what that means...

OMG I am listening to this Darryl Brewer interview. This is beyond creepy. He has a very paternalistic attitude towards her. This is not a man talking about his ex-lover, potential wife. This is a man talking about someone he considered like a daughter. Which is creepy creepy creepy weird.

He does look like a father to Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member