Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listening to JA's plea. Oh, she wants to RECYCLE! Spare her life, she RECYCLES! Save Jodi, save the earth. So basically if you don't spare her life you hate the earth, people.

lack of witness testimony. Even without it you saw how often Wilmott objected. There can be issues with stirring passions-the jurors are supposed to decide on facts. He can't try to anger or incite them into killing Jodi. He is also preserving the verdict from appeals. I completely trust him on this.

I wanted more but I think he was only supposed to react on what JW has said. Still, out of all his closing arguments, this was the one I also expected a little more from.

Personally, I would not want my child wearing a wig made from inmates' hair... especially one in particular...

That would be a great Lifetime movie. Someone gets JM's hair and then starts to do really, really horrible portraits of dead celebrities, and goes around saying things like "de-edify."

I tried to count the number of times the convict said "I".

Yeah, no, I gave up.

The entire allocation was self serving - even from the beginning when she talked about her mom seeing The Alexander siblings in the car next to her while idling at a stop light. JA said something to the effect like "I realized they were hurting BECAUSE OF ME." Also the part where she talked about Stephen talking about the 3 by 5 card where Travis was to call him that day -yet he never got that call. JA says again - all because of "me". YET - she never followed that up by saying something like "and for that I am deeply sorry". It's almost like she was taking pride in the fact that "because of me" they were hurting. That set me off right away. I listened to her allocation a 2nd time and every single thing stood out to me as self serving. The whole thing was just lame. It gets even lamer when you listen to it a 2nd time around.

Sooo ITA. Many times she began a sentence aiming at remorse, but each time she veered off into ugly self-pity. For example (and this is a paraphrase): "I did a terrible thing [okay, maybe a start at contrition] and novv I'll never be able to see my baby niece [veers into self-pity]." It's all about Jodi, Jodi, Jodi.

all i have to say is still ja has not shown any remorse. biggest blunder was the tee shirt. really jodi. moo

I'm sure there are many out there that have cancer and undergoing treatment that would rather be bald than wear a wig if they knew the hair was from the convicted murderer Jodi Arias.

Yes she was reminding the jury she is special, she would be teaching those inmates, not be one of them. For crying out loud, a recycling program? Does she think she is Brubaker sent in to reform the prison?

Because the woman whose beauty regimen has destroyed the lives of countless lab animals in her pursuit of safe products to bleach her eyebrows to match platinum and who drives 1000 miles alone in her car for a few hour booty call cares so very much about the environment. :floorlaugh:

I think she was playing lawyer up there today. A chance to be something more important than she is. Just a convict. She was playing" I am special."

Also great was her, "I designed a T-shirt." Yeah, Jodi, yeah yeah, picking fonts is hard. Good thing you're an artist.

I know one thing, I am not going to bed until this jury comes back! I might have to pull an all nighter.

A shirt that says simply SURVIVOR is a reminder to me that she is alive and Travis is dead. She had the weapons. She planned it out and caught him at a vulnerable time. One of my fears is that if she gets life, she could get others to carry out her plans and kill others that she feels were against her. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened, and Jodi is so manipulative.

I really can't believe she showed the shirt. She is such a narcissist.

My thoughts on today:

JA - Blame, lie, blah blah blah. Really had nerve to bring the Tshirt in

Wilmott - Ok you tried your darndest to keep out the BPD diagnosis but NOW you want to use it to save your client's life? Really? The mitigating factors you brought up were laughable. Speaks volumes about your client.

Juan - Short, sweet and to the point. Presented his case, tied a bow on it and gave it to the jury.

I really think the jury will come back with the DP. Here's to justice for Travis!

I must admit I did laugh when she was doing the powerpoint of her paintings and she said 'that's Frank Sinatra ... that's Elvis' lol :floorlaugh:

I will be the first to admit I can barely draw a stick figure BUT
if she is claiming to be an artist....
WHAT THE HECK WAS UP WITH ELVIS' LOWER FACE?
Very thin and weird looking IMO.

Please don't throw tomatoes, but
Does anyone think the AZ prison system has not looked into a recycling program? It can be very expensive, especially when the people discarding items do not sort them. Then someone has to be paid to do it. There has to be a facility to accept the items for recycling.
The students at a college where I worked tried it - the college could not sustain it.

I'd like the jury to arrive for the verdict wearing matching "I survived 5 months of your BS!" T-Shirts with a photo of a syringe before handing down the DP.

Willmott said, "It is what it is" in regards to Travis, Jodi and the Murder. WTH? She was stunningly inarticulate while attempting to save JA's life. Throwing the parents under the bus and yet again, trashing Travis. Complete and Total Epic Fail. God speed to this jury, everyone needs this over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member