Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said earlier in the case that I would be satisfied with a LWOP sentence but I hadn't realized that this is not among the jury's choices. I'm not sure that I would trust Judge Stephens to impose a life sentence on Jodi, so the convicted murderess would likely be out of prison in 20 years considering time served to date. I'm also concerned about the many privileges that Jodi would have in prison as opposed to being on Death Row, i.e. the possibility of minimum security for good behavior, etc. Too easy for Jodi who needs to be punished not pampered. :moo:

I am trying to be optimistic. CKJA has made it relatively easy for the judge, to select LWOP. The media blitz was a great way to show the judge just exactly where CKJA's mind is. She's still all about me, me, me.

I tend to believe CKJA won't be able to maintain "good behavior" for months, forget for several years. She really has no impulse control. Those guards won't care that she thinks she's smart, cute, and brilliant. They'll just shove some slop through the hole in her door several times a day. And every time she causes trouble, they will dole out consequences.

Why would the family not know what the question was? Juan would tell them!

Just a reminder of what the Andriano jury went through before sentencing Wendy Andriano to death for those that need a little comfort:

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

Great article, that does make me feel better about how long it can take.

I found this little part interesting:

While jurors were discussing whether to execute Andriano, they considered that they would have no control over whether the trial judge, Brian Ishikawa, would give her life in prison with or without parole, she said.

Jurors did not want to see a 25 years to life sentence.

I hope she's not getting ready to donate her hair again! I do have doubt she ever did it three times while she's been in jail. Anyway I think the donated hair has to have no chemicals in it. I just don't believe anything CMJA says.

I can't remember exactly, they either can't take permed hair or can't take dyed hair --- it's one of them. :seeya:

BBM: If we're talking AZ trials, consider that the average # of hours spent in the courtroom actually accomplishing testimony in the Arias case was about 15 hours a week. That's nothing. There were more delays and time away than I've ever seen in any trial.

The OJ Simpson trial took 9 months and the jury was sequestered the entire time. (Calif)

The Manson trial also took 9 months (1971, not televised. No Interwebs).

I'm talking any state that still has DP on the slate. Most do not take this many months in Court time for the actual jury trial, this much time and cost.

I understand the OJ and Manson cases taking that long, those were celebrity involved and the Manson one was more complex. This one is like all the rest in the U.S., useless murder, brutal and heinous, but no different than the thousands of others that only last a few weeks, not many months.

Just spoke with my son (he calls his mama to let her know he's OK) and he said it rain for about three hours with marble size hail, but it didn't stop them.. continue to pray for those in Moore Oklahoma. My son said it is total devastation, much worse than Joplin MO.

Please thank your son for his service to those that need it! My daughter and family used to live in Norman. I'm so happy they aren't there now. Prayers are much needed, thanks!!!!!

Jodi's use of her self-appointed victim status is hurting real people and programs.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...shirt-sickening-says-domestic-violence-victim

Thank you for posting this!

This is the headline of the article:
Jodi Arias 'Survivor' shirt sickening says domestic violence victim
And I must say, I totally agree.

Last night Mark E said it perfectly on HLN...
"Arias selling domestic violence t-shirts is like Casey Anthony selling shirts for missing children".
They both are so vile!

I think this is her 'edgy' 'contemporaneous' look.

Or it's her you're safe around me unless you abuse, attack or threaten me and least of never forget to say please to me look....

Great article, that does make me feel better about how long it can take.

I found this little part interesting:

While jurors were discussing whether to execute Andriano, they considered that they would have no control over whether the trial judge, Brian Ishikawa, would give her life in prison with or without parole, she said.

Jurors did not want to see a 25 years to life sentence.

Wow! Thanks for that.

BBM-Please tell me there will be consequences for this.

This isn't a game.

i don't know if he did anything wrong. he got it somehow, and he used it. he was asked if it was verbatim and he replied YES.
even the court public information officer tweeted the jury asked what would happen if they weren't unanimous. i don't have the exact wording on that tweet but i'm sure someone does.

Where can I find a video of the last jury question clip? I checked youtube but not sure where else to look. Thanks!

::::::went back to the thread and found the video had just been posted.....Thank you!!!!!

I hope she's not getting ready to donate her hair again! I do have doubt she ever did it three times while she's been in jail. Anyway I think the donated hair has to have no chemicals in it. I just don't believe anything CMJA says.

I don't believe it either. Hair doesn't grow that fast. But, I would love to see Jodi with short hair. jmo

I love, love, love Audrey Hepburn. She was beautiful inside and out. A couple of quotes from Breakfast at Tiffanys (I will be having champagne for breakfast when this jury comes back with a death sentence!) :

"It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I’ll give you two.” (I hope the guards tell JA this when she's walking the death walk to the death chamber...)

She’s a phony. But she’s a real phony. You know why? Because she honestly believes all this phony junk that she believes.”

“If we’re going to be friends let’s get one thing straight right now. I hate snoops!”:floorlaugh:

I love her too. Classy beauty, classy character. Lets all hum together "Moon River" while we contemporaneously clean our cat's litter box and see what happens. You never know. :floorlaugh:

My puppy (10 year old German shepherd) might have cancer :( I hate this day! :(

----------------
cece I am so sorry. We have been through that and it hurts so bad. Give puppy a (((hug))) for me..:seeya:

:seeya:...
The reporter for Wild about Trial likes to give descriptions of what the main characters in the courtroom are wearing...early on he described a certain piece of apparel as the wrong colour hue and was corrected that it was salmon coloured...now he is constantly looking for the colour salmon and is offended :)floorlaugh:). When no one chooses to wear that colour , and extremely elated when someone does- or something along those lines...:floorlaugh:

P.s. I love your cute avatar...don't know what it is - but it makes me smile...so thanks:seeya:

Have you seen hWild's hilarious WATionary? It's basically his twitter feed glossary. Very funny!

http://wildabouttrial.com/one_off/the-wationary-wilds-dictionary-for-the-jodi-arias-trial/

(((cece5300))) Fingers and toes crossed it's not cancer!

Mimi (see avatar) sends big sloppy wet puppy kissers!

(((cece)))
I know - it's horrible to hear.
My English Setter was diagnosed with cancer. They said he had 6- 9 months left.
He lived almost 10 more years to age 14.
Miracles do happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member