Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really troubles me when the talking heads and lawyers on HLN talk about JA not being the worst of the worst compared to serial killers etc. and perhaps getting Life.

The fact that they 'count' the number of people one murders angers me. Each person is a human life and killing one person should define one as not being the worst of the worst. If 29 stabs wounds and a gun shot to kill a man doesn't qualify her for that what does 30 stabs, 35 stabs?????

It just took longer to catch the person killing more than one person.

I so agree with you. Sadly, no matter how bad a crime is, there are always going to be those that others find to be worse. Where would we be if punishment for crime depended on this kind of comparison?

There should be a line that when crossed, makes a crime bad enough to qualify along with any others that crossed it too - no matter how far over that line they got.

Oh wait, there is... the aggravation phase determined it was definitely crossed!

FurKid Parents,

Hugs to all. There's some kind of switch that seems to get pushed when a dog reaches 10 yrs of age. My dog's oncologist told me that 50% of all dogs over the age of 10 get cancer. Now it's not always fatal, but those are the general stats. In some breeds (like my fave, golden retrievers) the % of dogs who get cancer are much higher and certain cancers (like lymphoma and hemagiosarcoma) are more prevalent.

Hang in there; they are all wonderful souls and the loss is so so hard. I wish modern science could do more.

I don't like this. I'm starting to worry that we won't have an answer today...

Never really paid much attention to HLN callers. It seem like many people are just calling in half sleeping.

I just watched and re-watched the video from earlier after the juror question. I get a sense from Jodi's reaction that it wasn't news she liked.

Just from watching her face intensely - and no I can't lip read, wish I could - it seems like she was almost b*tching and complaining to JW in an accusing way. The way she would jut her head a little while talking indicates to me that she is directing something at JW. Like she was stressing something that was JW's fault.

Also - while she leans over and JW is whispering to her, she bites her lip. A clear sign of anxiety, stress, an uncomfortable situation.

I think it was definitely a question that she determined to be not in her favor.

they are gonna come back after lunch with the verdict.....I just feel it....

give her life...jodi will pull some crap in prison...wait and see...she will...she has blood lust and she is a psycopath...she should never be near animals or alone with children.

sadly I think she will be a sex prize for someone inside, because of the boob job, I am sure she will find protectors...but on the flip side I think there will be girls who would like to maar her , cut her, break her nose etc...

she will enjoy all the drama and probably worm her way out into general in quick time. she will be surrounded by fellow sociopaths and others who are fooled and can be used.

ugh...makes me crazy

FurKid Parents,

Hugs to all. There's some kind of switch that seems to get pushed when a dog reaches 10 yrs of age. My dog's oncologist told me that 50% of all dogs over the age of 10 get cancer. Now it's not always fatal, but those are the general stats. In some breeds (like my fave, golden retrievers) the % of dogs who get cancer are much higher and certain cancers (like lymphoma and hemagiosarcoma) are more prevalent.

Hang in there; they are all wonderful souls and the loss is so so hard. I wish modern science could do more.

I lost 2 of my Goldens to cancer. Such great dogs. I now have one Golden and a Golden Pyrenees.

"Breaking News: What's Happening in the Jury Room?"

Does HLN know that makes NO sense? I mean, c'mon now. Come on.

Shut up jvm....maybe 5 jurors didn't bring lunch so had to go to the cafeteria :banghead:

I did answer you Frigga but it did not post. Yes, there was natal threat in her chart, indicators of what she might become. Psychologists have been commenting for mos. on her compulsion to control: Sun square Pluto on the degree of arrest. Her urge would propel her into unlawful and dangerous acts. Her Mars at 29:15 Virgo flies off into blind rage as she kicks dogs & holes in walls. It is bathed in the resentful gloom of rigid Saturn, 22:04 Virgo. Her Venus is square, not empathic but ambitious. Uranus shares the nodal degree of 21°. When a planet is found at the same degree as the nodal degree, no matter the Sign, that signals a tragedy and a fatality. Because the planet is Uranus, Arias is erratic and unpredictable, amenable to law breaking. We've in the past discussed the strange mutual reception she enjoys between her Moon in II and her Mercury in Cancer. The fertile, creative imaginings of Cancer are carried into II to position her Mercury into opposition with her Neptune, exact. A load of codswallop. Lies are her apt answer to any awkward examination. All in all, what a combustible package!

This board is very s-l-o-w today. Got booted 3 times which may have helped me avoid a TO
Oy Vey. God Speed Jurors!

re: jury question

Also notice that when JW is speaking to the murderer her left hand is doing the point form/list thing.

Wonder what that was about.

If the jury follows their instructions, I don't see how they can come with anything less than death. The burden of proof is on the defense, they have to PROVE THE MITIGATING FACTORS, and then, for it to be life, the jury has to come to the conclusion that the totality of the mitigating factors is more than the totality of the aggravating factors.

I don't think this has anything to do with other cases, they should not be thinking about serial killers, "worst of worst", etc. etc.. They have a duty to only evaulate THIS case.

I don't think the defense proved that any mitigating factor was substantial. I pretty much agree with everything Juan said about them (surprise, surprise).

To me, the only thing which would be a real mitigating factor in this case would be if Jodi had a child or children. That would cause me some pause, I have to admit, even for me. But in this case (luckily) we don't have any kids involved.

Another would be if she had done some kind of service for the world before the crime, whether it was part of her job (like nurse or something) or other things like REAL volunteer work, some real contribution to society.

FUTURE things should not count....that is not evidence, IMO and CANNOT BE PROVEN WHAT SHE"LL DO IN THE FUTURE. So all the prison stuff should be totally discounted, IMO.

So ....to me the decision is pretty simple.

I just watched the video and I feel devastated. I believe they are hung, and this will go on and on.

Please, someone talk me down.

:seeya:
Hey there.... Come off of that ledge...time will tell...
...the guy that normally wears flip flops has enclosed shoes on and Tuba has trumpeted death..
Come back in...it's nicer here with all of us...
Don't despair- there is hope yet....
Just do a little dance and light your candle....
They will come to a decision...believe....

I don't like this. I'm starting to worry that we won't have an answer today...

:( I don't like it either ... and IF we don't get a verdict today, we have 4 longgggggggggggg days to until Tuesday ...

:scared::scared::scared:

they are gonna come back after lunch with the verdict.....I just feel it....

yes because my shop just called to say my car is ready and they're about to pick me up so I guarantee the minute I walk out the door, the courtroom feed will go live

I've been pretty concerned about this myself. IF, IF, IF this alleged note is indeed a copy/photo/whatever of the jury question, it looks like a huge unethical move to share it when the court has let know the questions are SEALED.

Thank you.

I try not to get too involved in harping on reporters that do things that irritate us, things we don't agree with, things we think are underhanded, have a bias that we don't agree with, etc...but I absolutely do draw the line with a reporter leaking critical court related documents that are supposed to be sealed or confidential.

I am really hoping JSS is aware of this, and that the reporter is brought in front of the court about this. His tweet stated "yes" that he had actually seen the form, correct? How in the world would that happen? It needs to be investigated, IMO.

And JMO and MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member