Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alleged victim says he spurned #Sandusky shower advance in 2001, defense questions why he told grand jury it happened in 1998
by astockey via twitter 2:45 PM

RT @LC_Nichols: #Sandusky touching his ear, rocks back in chair when prosecutors play back Bob Costas interview from Fall 2011. Most rea ...
by audsnyder4 via twitter 2:44 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xhUiFOPb

Notice the downcast victim in the background? The body language seems so telling to me. So far, the way the victims have been described proves them to be very credible, IMO.

Yet, I'm worried.

The judge is said to be known as a fair-minded judge. Yet, he released the identities of these young men who have been the object of such vitriol by Penn State fans and Sandusky minions. These kids were vulnerable to begin with, were victimized and now very vulnerable again. There are those who would like to see them die. And being a male, teen victim of sexual abuse is horrifying for the victims. To have their identities publicized - well, it seems cruel. Did the judge express any sympathy, or valid reasons for doing so? Luckily, the media have been excellent about not releasing their names.

The judge also refused a change of venue, I understand. Again, given the violence of fan passions for college ball, I don't get this. I remember the lone father standing outside a Penn State game, protesting on behalf of the victims and the incredible abuse heaped on him by horrid fans, mothers, women, men, grandmas! I was astounded. That the judge, in the face of such passion, refused to change venue, has me very concerned.

The juror smiling repeatedly at Sandusky says it all to me. I am very worried that Sandusky is going to get away with this.

I had similar concerns that I voiced at the beginning of the casey anthony trial, but it was mostly about one, single juror. Little did I know that the whole jury was problematic. I overcame my initial reservations, though, only to be horribly shocked when the verdict came down. Sickened.

I've learned my lesson. And I'm very worried here as a result. Thoughts?

Back several months ago IIRC the judge gave Sandusky the opportunity (with his lawyer) to ask for a change of Venue. I think I remember Amendola and Sandusky stating they wanted to remain in Bellfonte.

Anybody else remember this?

Andy Cunningham ‏@Witness4History

#Sandusky victim just left courthouse with face covered by a hood/cloth.

~~~

State College's ESPN ‏@ESPNRadio1450

#Sandusky AV5 had to take some time with his testimony as he got emotional on the stand. In cross, Amendola focused on dates.

~~~

Michael Sisak ‏@cvmikesisak

Victim 5 tells jury of abuse in team shower in August 2001 - after PSU officials supposedly told #Sandusky not to bring children to campus.

~~~

#Sandusky There are inconsistencies with his testimony today and with the Grand Jury report. AV5 said incidents happened in the sauna...

#Sandusky ...in Grand Jury report the sauna incident was dated 3 years prior. But there was no sauna in the building before Lasch was compl.

~~~

The Patriot-News ‏@PatriotNews

Break now in #Sandusky trial for attorneys and judge to confer after prosecutors played clips of the Bob Costas interview

~~~

The Patriot-News ‏@PatriotNews

During the Costas interview in Nov. 2011, Jerry #Sandusky says 'I shouldn't have showered with those kids' http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/former_penn_state_coach_jerry_1.html

~~~

The Daily Collegian ‏@DailyCollegian

Prosecutors played audio #Sandusky interview w/ Bob Costas where he hesitated when asked if he was sexually attracted to young boys.

~~~

Jury being held out of courtroom for 15-20 minutes while they resolve a legal matter #Sandusky

Back several months ago IIRC the judge gave Sandusky the opportunity (with his lawyer) to ask for a change of Venue. I think I remember Amendola and Sandusky stating they wanted to remain in Bellfonte.

Anybody else remember this?

Yep. The AG wanted the change; Sandusky didn't. Sandusky cannot appeal based on venue.

My stomach is in knots reading the victims testimonies. I want to scream, cry, kick something. It's mind boggling! WTF? How can this have gone on for so long and so many people looked the other way! These poor victims. Most of them came from troubled families, backgrounds, etc. They came to Second Mile for another chance and this did these horrible things! I hate him!

All of their testimonies are eerily similar. What a pattern this guy had. I'm having a hard time with people thinking that with all the Penn State ties and loyalty that this guy will walk. There is no way he will walk. JS is no longer a part of PSU so I think the loyalty (by most) is no longer there>

And these gasps that are happening in the court room and the sighing from his freaking fan club NEEDS TO STOP!!!

Remember Amendola's reasoning behind Costas interview? Wanted to give #Sandusky a chance to respond. Looks like it continues to backfire.
by audsnyder4 via twitter 3:02 PM

Alleged victim 5 said he was sent to second mile camp to learn to speak better English bc Polish (cont) tl.gd
by audsnyder4 via twitter 3:01 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xhZaatJK

NOTE: I'm confused - isn't this accuser 5? But WGAL has him listed as Accuser 6. ???

ETA: They changed it to Accuser 5, so I'm editing the post now (thanks to Reader for letting me know)

Day Three – Afternoon. Accuser 5 was referred to Second Mile camps in elementary school. A school counselor said he should go to camp to learn English. He met Sandusky at the camp and started hanging out. His account of meeting Sandusky was similar to other accusers.

Accuser 5 said -- In 2001, Sandusky invited him to go work out in Lasch Building. Sandusky showed him around the weight room and worked out for a short amount of time. Sandusky took him into the sauna, had him undress and just wear a towel – this was Sandusky’s idea, according to the accuser.

Accuser 5 said he sat down in the sauna and Sandusky took off his towel and exposed himself to the accuser. The accuser didn’t say anything to Sandusky. When asked how long they were in the sauna, Accuser 5 said -- It felt like forever. The accuser said he has never been in a sauna since.
by WGAL 2:54 PM

After the sauna, the accuser said he and Sandusky went to the shower. Accuser 5 said he tried to separate himself from Sandusky but he couldn’t. He said -- It felt like he was looking at me.
by WGAL 2:54 PM

Accuser 5 said -- I just stood in my corner area (crying)…he threw some soap at me and started lathering my shoulders…I felt his body on my back (the accuser paused in his testimony here, took a deep breath and wiped his face). I kept lurching forward but I didn’t have any more room to go. I kind of turned away and felt his arm on me, and he touched my genitalia. Then he took my hand and placed it on his.
by WGAL 2:56 PM

Accuser 5 said -- I remember just drying off. He said he felt like Sandusky was upset with him because Sandusky didn’t talk to him and there was no eye contact.
by WGAL 2:57 PM

Accuser 5 said he didn't tell his family about it. He said -- I wanted to forget it. I was embarrased. He said he cut off contact with Sandusky and Sandusky didn’t talk to him again.

Accuser 5 said the first person he told about the incident was his girlfriend a year ago.

The prosecution then showed a photograph of the accuser with a group of boys and Sandusky. In the picture, the accuser stands about as tall as Sandusky's chest. The prosecution then showed a drawing the accuser did for police. It was a rudimentary blueprint of where he and Sandusky stood in the shower.
by WGAL 2:59 PM

On cross examination, defense attorney Joe Amendola pressed Accuser 5, pointing out that his grand jury testimony indicates that the shower incident happened in 1998 but today he said it was in late summer of 2001. Accuser 5 said he sat down and thought about it and remembered that he had switched schools at the time and it happened after his birthday, but before another date.
by WGAL 3:01 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xhZTmxWL

Judge John Cleland said the interview was "a little bit unusual" as evidence.
by WGAL 3:02 PM

In the interview, Costas asked -- If you’re not a pedophile, what are you? Sandusky answered -- I’m a person that has taken a strong interest and I’m a very passionate person in terms of trying to make a difference in the lives of some young people. I’ve tried very hard to connect with them, to make them feel good about themselves … maybe it gets misinterpreted.
by WGAL 3:06 PM

When Costas asked Sandusky directly if he was sexually attracted to young boys, Sandusky answered -- Am I sexually attracted to underaged boys … sexually attracted? No, I enjoy young people. I love to be around them. I, I, no, no I’m not sexually attracted to young boys.
by WGAL 3:07 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xhaAjpG0

Charges related to Victim 8 in jeopardy if Judge Cleland prevents hearsay testimony relaying what janitor said he saw in shower. #Sandusky

~~~

Janitor who claimed to see #Sandusky fondling boy in team shower in Nov 2000 now has dementia. Pros wanted colleagues to relay what he saw.

~~~

(Sorry - removed a link that led to Facebook)

I initially thought the same thing but don't you think that because his testimony pretty much mirrors what the other two victims testified to, that the jury can and will overlook his criminal record? Still a victim of JS. If I were on the jury, his criminal record would mean little to me.
I agree, and I'm thinking that Sandusky f*d up this kid's life. Perhaps had he not been abused, this kid wouldn't have gotten into drugs and crime. This was how he coped... Another victim said he went from straight A's to F's following the abuse.
Also, in reading the last couple of pages on this thread, several comments from Sandusky and his lawyer sound just like the type of things Michael Jackson said, e.g. "I loved them so much":banghead::banghead::banghead:
Other similarities in victims- Michael Jackson also chose boys from broken/one parent homes and tried to buy off the parents...

I was out for several hours today and haven't watched any coverage of the trial. Thanks to those who posted updates. I think testimony will get worse as the trial goes on, and I hope that JS and his attorney realize that he will likely be found guilty. :moo:

I was thinking the same thing about MJ yesterday... LinasK. :(

Accuser 7 said he would try not to sit in the passenger seat of Sandusky's car. He said – I tried to get in back of vehicle so it wouldn't be me.

by WGAL 12:54 PM

Accuser 7 said -- I liked going to games...going to games very special to me.

by WGAL 12:53 PM

While he said he cried out, he's not sure what he said.

Accuser 7 said -- And one time his hands went inside my pants and belt and touched my penis. I would cry out. My primary reaction was in passenger seat of car. I would scoot as far over as I could. I did not want to upset Mr. Sandusky in any way.

Accuser 7 said of Sandusky – He had a habit of putting his hand on my leg and squeezing to the point I would almost cry out in pain. Eventually he would work his way up my leg under my shorts toward my groin area.

by WGAL 12:51 PM

He said he met Jerry Sandusky at the pool. He said he was approached by him and Jerry asked if he was interested in going to Penn State games. Accuser 7 said, I said yes.

by WGAL 12:50 PM

Accuser 7 met Jerry Sandusky through Second Mile. He went there in 1995 when he was 10 years old.

by WGAL 12:49 PM

We have a more detailed summary of Accuser 7's testimony. We'll start posting that now.

by WGAL 12:48 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xhipKvSv

Accuser 7 -- whenever he pressed up against my back, he would wrap arms around and caress my chest area -- around nipples. On one occasion he turned me over. Blowing or kissing on my stomach. I don't really have words to describe it. I just would roll away and say I was ready to go to sleep.

by WGAL 12:59 PM

Accuser 7 -- I didn't tell anybody. I didn't really know how to respond to it. It felt very uncomfortable to me. I wasn't real sure how to handle it – didn't want my family to know. I will keep it to myself. I get to go to the games. I will push that to the back of my mind.

by WGAL 12:58 PM

Accuser 7 says to this day he is repulsed by Sandusky's chest hair. He says he remembers it pressed up against his back. He said -- I just hate chest hair.

by WGAL 12:57 PM

Accuser 7 -- When I would spend the night, some of the things that made me uncomfortable occurred. I spent the nights upstairs...i would read myself to sleep -- comics. I remember laying down, and Jerry laying behind me -- his front to my back, and cuddle or him just wrapping himself around me. I would say I'm ready to go to sleep -- you need to go, I need to go to sleep. Typically he would.

by WGAL 12:56 PM

Accuser 7 recounted an incident at the indoor practice facility for the football team. He said -- I remember his putting his hand up my shorts. I'm not sure what I said, I might have said stop that.

by WGAL 12:55 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xhj6tydL

Regarding getting a lawyer, Accuser 7 said -- I wanted someone to help me get through this. I wanted to keep my privacy until I had to come here.

Accuser 7 was asked if he ever talked to any of the other boys about what happened to them or to him – he said no.

by WGAL 1:07 PM

Accuser 7 said -- I didn't want to talk to police about this.

by WGAL 1:06 PM

Accuser 7 said -- There came a point where the relationship with Jerry changed. I was confused. He stopped calling me to go to games, offering me tickets. I thought I did something wrong and was very, very upset by it. Accuser 7 said his mom called Sandusky and he still went to games and Sandusky started calling, offering tickets. Accuser 7 said he had favorites.

by WGAL 1:05 PM

When asked if Sandusky's private parts touched his body, Accuser 7 said -- His front touched my backside. I was kind of ashamed about it. I didn't want anybody to know. I didn't want my parents to keep me from going to games. I didn't want them to freak out. I had chosen to block that stuff out and focus on the positive.

by WGAL 1:04 PM

Accuser 7 said in the shower -- he put me in a bear hug, squeezed, lifted me up off the ground, He would try to dry me off. I would push him away. Accuser 7 said he was 10 or 11 at the time.

by WGAL 1:03 PM

After the suggestion to take a shower, Accuser 7 said -- I went with it -- took clothes off, got in the shower. He turned on the shower head beside me. He tried to shampoo my hair and shoulders. I slid down to another shower stall to get away. He tried to dry me off. I said no, i can dry myself.

by WGAL 1:02 PM

Accuser 7 -- Physical contact occurred at the house, car and the building across from Holuba Hall -- where there were showers. He said one time they were throwing the ball around at Holuba Hall and Sandusky said they had to take a shower. Accuser 7 said – I didn't understand. He said he thought it was odd.

by WGAL 1:01 PM

Accuser 7 also recounted a wrestling incident – as have other accusers. He said -- wrestling in the downstairs basement area. That would occur if I was the last person to be taken home. He would wrestle around with me. It was very uncomfortable. I was scrawny, lean. Jerry was 3, 4 times my size. As far as I can recall nothing else came from that.

by WGAL 1:00 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xhjhpWcy

Amendola attempted to portray Accuser 7 as exaggerating inappropriate touching and added other incidents since hiring a lawyer.

by WGAL 1:13 PM

Accuser 7 -- I had everything negative blocked out.

by WGAL 1:12 PM

Accuser 7 said through counseling different things triggered different memories and that more things come back.

by WGAL 1:12 PM

Amendola says -- Today you testify that Mr. Sandusky touched you in shower -- prior to today did you tell members of the attorney general's office and prosecutor Joe McGettigan.

by WGAL 1:11 PM

Amendola asks about the bear hugs in the shower and Sandusky touching Accuser 7's genitals. Amendola asks him when he told anyone about that. Amendola says Accuser 7 didn't say that until he signed an agreement with an attorney. Amendola then read from the grand jury testimony where Accuser 7 is quoted as saying – I can say he never went the whole way down and grabbed anything.

Amendola says – now you recall he touched your genitals. That doorway had been closed, it's reopening.

by WGAL 1:10 PM

Under cross examination, defense attorney Joe Amendola asked Accuser 7 about his lawyer. Accuser 7 said -- what can it hurt. The lawyer never sent a bill.

by WGAL 1:08 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xhjz1xOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper